2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 359 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #4297  
Old 09-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 11
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 893
Elroysmom is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyhansen View Post
Can someone explain what the "order guide" is and how I get one?
Same here!!! Need help as well :-)


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4298  
Old 09-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 44
Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 911
dustyhansen is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elroysmom View Post
Same here!!! Need help as well :-)


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Milous posted a reply saying to email wjjeeps@yahoo.com with the subject "wrangler order guide" and he will send one over. I got it and it basically shows all of the pricing and codes for all the options. It allowed me to basically build and price (MSRP & invoice) what I want so I can go to the table prepared.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dustyhansen For This Useful Post:
  #4299  
Old 09-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 11
Thanks: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 893
Elroysmom is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyhansen View Post
Milous posted a reply saying to email wjjeeps@yahoo.com with the subject "wrangler order guide" and he will send one over. I got it and it basically shows all of the pricing and codes for all the options. It allowed me to basically build and price (MSRP & invoice) what I want so I can go to the table prepared.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Thanks I just emailed! This will be so helpful!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #4300  
Old 09-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 31
Thanks: 45
Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 933
timex is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
Send an email to WJJeeps@yahoo.com with "Wrangler order guide" in the subject line.
Email sent. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #4301  
Old 09-07-2014, 05:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 929
Quint7 is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

First post, multiple Jeep TJ and XJ owner (and former member of the JU forum) looking to get a JK and I also sent Pat an email requesting the order guide.

This thread is invaluable. Seriously. It is priceless for anyone not just looking to buy whatever happens to be on a dealer's lot. Anyone looking for info on the build/order/packing process needs to read every page.

It is frustrating that car companies 'force' upgrades/packages to get certain items, particularly in the days of "just in time" parts production (vs the old 'build a quota of parts daily' system that my family dealt with when working the lines at Rochester Products and Delco) but c'est la vie.

Thanks in advance Pat.

Jason in Rochester NY.
Reply With Quote
  #4302  
Old 09-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 99
Thanks: 18
Thanked 40 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 1040
GoneJeepinBro is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint7 View Post
First post, multiple Jeep TJ and XJ owner (and former member of the JU forum) looking to get a JK and I also sent Pat an email requesting the order guide.

This thread is invaluable. Seriously. It is priceless for anyone not just looking to buy whatever happens to be on a dealer's lot. Anyone looking for info on the build/order/packing process needs to read every page.

It is frustrating that car companies 'force' upgrades/packages to get certain items, particularly in the days of "just in time" parts production (vs the old 'build a quota of parts daily' system that my family dealt with when working the lines at Rochester Products and Delco) but c'est la vie.

Thanks in advance Pat.

Jason in Rochester NY.
Jeep packages are so much more flexible than most though, try finding a VW remotely the way you want, it never happens unless you go up 3 trim models and you still don't have the options you wanted.
Reply With Quote
  #4303  
Old 09-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 929
Quint7 is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

I don't doubt that but my only experience with VW's is riding in Bugs in my youth. My point was that there are no longer racks and racks of subwoofers built that 'need' to be sold. There is a guy at the Jeep plant that places an order to the subwoofer company regularly and that company places orders for the parts regularly and on and on.
Anyone who remembers the GM strike of 10(?) or so years ago remembers the domino effect it had once one or two plants shut down and the shelves emptied out. I'm speaking as someone with limited exposure to the industry vs someone like Archer but the days of "we have 2000 pairs of leather seats sitting in the warehouse.... drop the price on leather" are long gone.
Now it is
A: to spread the cost out across the line (as has been mentioned in this thread) or
B: the 'upselling' phenomenon like you see in restaurants ("are you sure you want a Coke? We hand press our own lemonade here ya know" (that's double the cost of a Coke) that has taken over all 'service' industries.
In the end I am not Radar ORielly and can't build a Jeep piece by piece so I have to ask myself things like "how much do I really want automatic headlights?" I don't buy things thinking about resale, looking cool, feeling cool, etc, I buy them to use as the machines that they are; no different than a lawn mower or blender. The vast majority of consumers don't think that way and instead let emotions get involved....... which is exactly what the marketer's want.

For the record, I'm looking at a Hydro JK, either Sport or Willy's even though the Rubi and Sahara have options I want. (I dig Tank but this July marked 20 years since the last time I drove an actual tank during my 6 year hitch in the Marines and it's time to 'let it go').
Reply With Quote
  #4304  
Old 09-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 99
Thanks: 18
Thanked 40 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 1040
GoneJeepinBro is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint7 View Post
I don't doubt that but my only experience with VW's is riding in Bugs in my youth. My point was that there are no longer racks and racks of subwoofers built that 'need' to be sold. There is a guy at the Jeep plant that places an order to the subwoofer company regularly and that company places orders for the parts regularly and on and on.
Anyone who remembers the GM strike of 10(?) or so years ago remembers the domino effect it had once one or two plants shut down and the shelves emptied out. I'm speaking as someone with limited exposure to the industry vs someone like Archer but the days of "we have 2000 pairs of leather seats sitting in the warehouse.... drop the price on leather" are long gone.
Now it is
A: to spread the cost out across the line (as has been mentioned in this thread) or
B: the 'upselling' phenomenon like you see in restaurants ("are you sure you want a Coke? We hand press our own lemonade here ya know" (that's double the cost of a Coke) that has taken over all 'service' industries.
In the end I am not Radar ORielly and can't build a Jeep piece by piece so I have to ask myself things like "how much do I really want automatic headlights?" I don't buy things thinking about resale, looking cool, feeling cool, etc, I buy them to use as the machines that they are; no different than a lawn mower or blender. The vast majority of consumers don't think that way and instead let emotions get involved....... which is exactly what the marketer's want.

For the record, I'm looking at a Hydro JK, either Sport or Willy's even though the Rubi and Sahara have options I want. (I dig Tank but this July marked 20 years since the last time I drove an actual tank during my 6 year hitch in the Marines and it's time to 'let it go').
The only thing that a Rubicon has over the other models is the transfer case, otherwise you can take a Base Sport and actually wind up with a more capable rig, so you choose.

If you want leather, screw leather that's what trek armor is for, if you want a sub, screw the premium audio, buy a powered bazooka tube, and so on and so on.
Reply With Quote
  #4305  
Old 09-07-2014, 07:02 PM
ArcherAce's Avatar
Premium Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 520
Thanks: 22
Thanked 482 Times in 207 Posts
Rep Power: 2058
ArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneJeepinBro View Post
The only thing that a Rubicon has over the other models is the transfer case
And Dana 44s and lockers and sway bar disconnects
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArcherAce For This Useful Post:
  #4306  
Old 09-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 929
Quint7 is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

LOL, yeah I was looking at the lockers on the Rubi and that's all. I know you can add them aftermarket and in my entire life I've only been stuck a few times and it was more due to having the wrong tires for the situation than a lack of contact with the ground.

But the auto headlights (as silly as it sounds to harp on them) being 1- an option you have to pay for and 2- only available on the Rubi and Sahara (hate the wheels, both styles, along with the size) seems petty to me. Side airbags as an option? Sure. But auto headlights? In 2014/15? (I live 60 miles from Canada and I think they have had them as mandatory there going back to the TJ's.)

My first TJ didn't even come with a console between the seats or air and I bought higher trim levels as I moved along (a Sport and then an Anniversary, same with my XJ's). I think I paid $17500 for that 98 TJ 4.0/5 speed, brand new, right as the 99's came out. The 2 2001's I had....... I'll just say 2 words: cracked heads.

That's why I'm looking forward to an order guide. The dealers here are still loaded up with the 'double breasted suit/wingtip shoes/Hey, yo buddy, whadda I gotta do to put you in this car' type salesmen that know less about what they are selling than the parts guys do (and they don't know much either).

I want to solicit from across NY state after reading about the 3-4% below invoice some guys are getting (I'm doing a 100% cash deal) and as I said, this thread is priceless.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quint7 For This Useful Post:
  #4307  
Old 09-07-2014, 07:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 99
Thanks: 18
Thanked 40 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 1040
GoneJeepinBro is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
And Dana 44s and lockers and sway bar disconnects
Aftermarket and quick disco's....the transfer case is the PITA to get, but hey...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint7 View Post
LOL, yeah I was looking at the lockers on the Rubi and that's all. I know you can add them aftermarket and in my entire life I've only been stuck a few times and it was more due to having the wrong tires for the situation than a lack of contact with the ground.

But the auto headlights (as silly as it sounds to harp on them) being 1- an option you have to pay for and 2- only available on the Rubi and Sahara (hate the wheels, both styles, along with the size) seems petty to me. Side airbags as an option? Sure. But auto headlights? In 2014/15? (I live 60 miles from Canada and I think they have had them as mandatory there going back to the TJ's.)

My first TJ didn't even come with a console between the seats or air and I bought higher trim levels as I moved along (a Sport and then an Anniversary, same with my XJ's). I think I paid $17500 for that 98 TJ 4.0/5 speed, brand new, right as the 99's came out. The 2 2001's I had....... I'll just say 2 words: cracked heads.

That's why I'm looking forward to an order guide. The dealers here are still loaded up with the 'double breasted suit/wingtip shoes/Hey, yo buddy, whadda I gotta do to put you in this car' type salesmen that know less about what they are selling than the parts guys do (and they don't know much either).

I want to solicit from across NY state after reading about the 3-4% below invoice some guys are getting (I'm doing a 100% cash deal) and as I said, this thread is priceless.
The stock headlights are pretty bad.... You're better off with something like so anyway..

Quadratec LED Headlamps - Quadratec

I know the Rubicon guys get bent out of shape, when you mention anything you can do to a Sport, but its your money.

I totally understand what you mean about the faux businessmen sales approach, its pretty annoying. I would take your order guide, and a price sheet from true car with you.
Reply With Quote
  #4308  
Old 09-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 929
Quint7 is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

I have been surprised at the number of not just Rubi's but Hard Rock ones I've seen ordered on here. Kudos to the guys that are getting them to use them and not just mall crawl.

I sold my last TJ to get a small truck as I was doing a lot of cross country traveling with my motorcycle(s) in tow and the TJ wasn't too good with a 6x12 open trailer behind it. On my last trip to California 2 years ago I came up Berdoo Canyon Rd into Joshua Tree NP and stopped at the ranger station on the way out to get some water. The ranger said "you came up Berdoo in THAT?" Yup. (2006 Chevy Colorado crew cab with factory running boards and the stock non-Z71 suspension). I took it back down the same road 2 days later without issues and then over what I would call a genuine "Jeep trail" in the same area the next week which was pretty foolish as the truck was juuuuust able to make it without dropping down a cliff.

I'm planning on spending a lot of time solo traveling around the Southwest next year without a bike so the JK it is. No rock crawling, but remote driving. I considered a JKU to be able to sleep in it but I'm a short wheelbase guy at heart and at 6'3" and after reading a billion 'over landing' articles I said to myself "you know you aren't going to sleep in the Jeep" so the JK it is.

I've had hard and soft tops and have heard great things about the sound levels of the new soft tops so I'm sticking with that. I think having the front hardtop panels would be cool but not "dual roof option" money cool. We get over 100" of snow here and I never had an issue with it and soft tops........ other than that Xmas morning that I was in a hurry and without thinking I flopped the rear window up onto the roof in 10 degree weather. But then I was able to buy tinted replacement windows so it all worked out. (I once fit a full sized washing machine in the back of my TJ!)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler, 2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.