2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 401 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #4801  
Old 09-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shawnee,KS
Posts: 58
Thanks: 12
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 964
Ksu JK is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_04_RUBI View Post
...so it's time to admit I'm not to the junkie level that I know what comes on every trim. It appears between Sahara and Rubicon you have a lot of the same standard and options, the Sahara appears to require body colored fenders and lacks the 4:1 transfer case, lockers and electronic sway bar disconnect. Is that pretty much the run-down? Oh, and probably both have D44s in the back, but what, a D30 in the front of the Sahara? 3.73s as opposed to 4.10s in the Rubicon (option w/ auto) also. Oh, rock rails vs side steps in 2014... Did I miss anything? No wonder I always looked at the Rubicon trim. There's a lot I want on that list.
The Sahara's have a Dana 30. If you want to wheel the rubicon, you
Will need to sleeve and add gussets to the axle. The lockers, 44s and 4.1 gears
Are the big difference.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4802  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 17
Thanks: 38
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 938
stinkypants is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBoenz927 View Post
PS - saw a dragon today in CT. First one other than at the nyc car show. Interesting package.
There's one still at the Greenwich dealership; it's been there a long time. I've got to think they're ready to deal on that sucker.
Reply With Quote
  #4803  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 99
Thanks: 18
Thanked 40 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 1042
GoneJeepinBro is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_04_RUBI View Post
...so it's time to admit I'm not to the junkie level that I know what comes on every trim. It appears between Sahara and Rubicon you have a lot of the same standard and options, the Sahara appears to require body colored fenders and lacks the 4:1 transfer case, lockers and electronic sway bar disconnect. Is that pretty much the run-down? Oh, and probably both have D44s in the back, but what, a D30 in the front of the Sahara? 3.73s as opposed to 4.10s in the Rubicon (option w/ auto) also. Oh, rock rails vs side steps in 2014... Did I miss anything? No wonder I always looked at the Rubicon trim. There's a lot I want on that list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksu JK View Post
The Sahara's have a Dana 30. If you want to wheel the rubicon, you
Will need to sleeve and add gussets to the axle. The lockers, 44s and 4.1 gears
Are the big difference.
The thing with the Sahara, its a loaded sport with, Auto Headlamps, Power Convience, Body Color Flares, and it comes with Dark Tint if you order the Hardtop. Obviously adding these options to a Rubicon minus the standard Auto Headlamps adds up....
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoneJeepinBro For This Useful Post:
  #4804  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Carson National Forest
Posts: 338
Thanks: 60
Thanked 48 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Power: 1614
mtnmerlin has a reputation beyond reputemtnmerlin has a reputation beyond reputemtnmerlin has a reputation beyond reputemtnmerlin has a reputation beyond reputemtnmerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet noise View Post
Question on pricing for someone in the know. Does the Factory Wholesale Price (FWP) on wrangler order guides equal the Dealer Invoice? I'm thinking yes, but that's because I've never seen dealer invoice listed...
FWP and Invoice Price seem to be synonymous from my experience ordering two vehicles.
__________________
Current rides: 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 3.0L diesel ORAII Cashmere Pearl
2015 Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock 2dr Billet Silver
Reply With Quote
  #4805  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenview, IL
Posts: 652
Thanks: 19
Thanked 411 Times in 175 Posts
Rep Power: 292375
Pat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

LIFT KIT INFO:

2 different kits, all I was told is the 2 inch kit will retail for $995 and the second kit will have the drive shaft.
__________________
------------------------
Patrick O'Donnell(pat@fieldsauto)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
2800 Patriot blvd
Glenview, IL, 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com
www.fieldschryslerjeepdodge.com
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pat@PalmenMotors For This Useful Post:
  #4806  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:13 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 0
Plasma is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacecarBMW View Post
Is there still no information on ordering a Hard Rock Rubicon in Canada? I've asked 3 relatively big dealers here and they have no idea when they will be able to order them.
I contacted Vancouver - Edmonton - Ontario and nobody could order it.
Chrysler Canada said "Yes They Can"
I don't know who is wrong here but it's getting annoying.

Again can we order RUBICON HARD ROCK in Canada???

HELP....
Reply With Quote
  #4807  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:25 PM
ArcherAce's Avatar
Premium Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 520
Thanks: 22
Thanked 482 Times in 207 Posts
Rep Power: 2060
ArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by new to jeep View Post
LOL! Archer, I wonder...when the dragons were being built/ rolling off the line, weren't you guys like WTF???
Or did people have high hopes for the dragoooon?!
Women seemed to be the only ones that liked it at the factory. The guys were all like, "WTF!?!?"

I sadly admit that I was one of the people that put the dragon decal on. Clearly I'll do anything for a paycheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsAuto View Post
LIFT KIT INFO:

2 different kits, all I was told is the 2 inch kit will retail for $995 and the second kit will have the drive shaft.
Pat, is the factory installing this or the dealer?
Reply With Quote
  #4808  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:33 PM
OsoAlaskaJeep's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 381
Thanks: 254
Thanked 171 Times in 98 Posts
Rep Power: 1339
OsoAlaskaJeep is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneJeepinBro View Post
The thing with the Sahara, its a loaded sport with, Auto Headlamps, Power Convience, Body Color Flares, and it comes with Dark Tint if you order the Hardtop. Obviously adding these options to a Rubicon minus the standard Auto Headlamps adds up....
Having had two loaded Sahara's, I can honestly say that the Rubicon is a MUCH smoother ride. Another added bonus.
__________________
I'm Jeepin it mad real...
2017 HR Rubicon Chief Blue (Anxiously Waiting)
2015 Rubicon Baja Yellow-sold
2013 Sahara Billet Silver-sold
2008 Sahara Rescue Green-sold
Reply With Quote
  #4809  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenview, IL
Posts: 652
Thanks: 19
Thanked 411 Times in 175 Posts
Rep Power: 292375
Pat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
Women seemed to be the only ones that liked it at the factory. The guys were all like, "WTF!?!?"

I sadly admit that I was one of the people that put the dragon decal on. Clearly I'll do anything for a paycheck



Pat, is the factory installing this or the dealer?


Dealer installed. Should have part numbers and specifications in a week or so.
__________________
------------------------
Patrick O'Donnell(pat@fieldsauto)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
2800 Patriot blvd
Glenview, IL, 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com
www.fieldschryslerjeepdodge.com
Reply With Quote
  #4810  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2004 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 198
Thanks: 31
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 1139
CO_04_RUBI is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
Pat, is the factory installing this or the dealer?
Gotta be like the headliner. Way cheaper to have the factory do it as it rolls down the line, but that'd create too many options to have to put into the computer to get an order right, so it'll be a dealer installed option so the service department can make some bucks.
Reply With Quote
  #4811  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 58
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1047
RacecarBMW is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
I contacted Vancouver - Edmonton - Ontario and nobody could order it.
Chrysler Canada said "Yes They Can"
I don't know who is wrong here but it's getting annoying.

Again can we order RUBICON HARD ROCK in Canada???

HELP....
What's the process to contact Chrysler Canada? Did you email or call them?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RacecarBMW For This Useful Post:
  #4812  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2004 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 198
Thanks: 31
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 1139
CO_04_RUBI is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsoAlaskaJeep View Post
Having had two loaded Sahara's, I can honestly say that the Rubicon is a MUCH smoother ride. Another added bonus.
Everything's gotta be worlds different than a 2004 Rubicon.

You need to update your "Jeep I drive" in your profile to reflect your shiny new Baja!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler, 2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.