2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 503 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #6025  
Old 03-12-2015, 09:50 PM
Numbercruncher's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 190
Thanks: 65
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 1117
Numbercruncher is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

If all goes as planned I'll be ordering in the next four weeks or so. My cousin and I plan to buy new JK's in Colorado and drive back to Washington State. I am sure we won't pay Colorado sales tax but does anyone know how licensing will work? Driving around with no permanent plate and no temporary one in the window sounds like blue-lights city.

We want to make this trip as fun as possible and avoid any potential party spoilers.

NC

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #6026  
Old 03-13-2015, 08:27 AM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,311
Thanks: 34
Thanked 250 Times in 204 Posts
Rep Power: 2297
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbercruncher View Post
If all goes as planned I'll be ordering in the next four weeks or so. My cousin and I plan to buy new JK's in Colorado and drive back to Washington State. I am sure we won't pay Colorado sales tax but does anyone know how licensing will work? Driving around with no permanent plate and no temporary one in the window sounds like blue-lights city.
Can't you just ask the Jeep dealer to issue you 30-day Temporary Tags?

I would discuss this with the CO dealership before placing an order for a new JK, and make it officially part of the "deal".

If Temporary Tags aren't the best option, ask the dealership if they would "loan" you a set of Dealer Plates.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
  #6027  
Old 03-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Numbercruncher's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 190
Thanks: 65
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 1117
Numbercruncher is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
Can't you just ask the Jeep dealer to issue you 30-day Temporary Tags?

I would discuss this with the CO dealership before placing an order for a new JK, and make it officially part of the "deal".

If Temporary Tags aren't the best option, ask the dealership if they would "loan" you a set of Dealer Plates.
I'll definitely check with them before placing the order. If licensing is cheap enough, I wouldn't mind a Colorado plate as a souvenir. Not sure if licensing in Colorado is $99 for a vehicle or $499.

NC
Reply With Quote
  #6028  
Old 03-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 92
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1304
tim sommers is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Where is our special model for plum crazy? A couple months and 2016 order banks will be open.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #6029  
Old 03-14-2015, 05:01 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 23
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 930
Frkolked is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

On page 1 of this forum, under "2015 Jeep Exterior Colors" attachment at the bottom, Chrysler does not show Plum Crazy as a color for this year.
Maybe next year.
Reply With Quote
  #6030  
Old 03-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Numbercruncher's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 190
Thanks: 65
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 1117
Numbercruncher is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

I want to order my seat covers before my jeep arrives but some of the questions I can't answer as I don't have the jeep yet. I'd also like to avoid another trip to the dealer and the associated inundation by sales people.

Can anyone help with answers? I'll be ordering a two door Rubicon.

1) Do the front seats have side impact air bags?

2) Do front seats have lumbar support? I think no.

2) Are the front headrests permanently attached or do they connect via a single post or double post? I think double post.

3) Height Adjuster on Drivers Seat? I think no.

4) Rear Seat a single bench or split bench? Single Bench I think.

5) Rear seats have two or three headrests? I think two.

Any help is appreciated.

NC
Reply With Quote
  #6031  
Old 03-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 92
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1304
tim sommers is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

IT STILL IS LISTED UNDER 2015 EXTERIOR COLORS
New:
Plum Crazy (late availability, special model initially)
I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING UNDER CRYSLER SAYING NO PLUM CRAZY
Reply With Quote
  #6032  
Old 03-14-2015, 11:07 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Indy
Posts: 262
Thanks: 99
Thanked 61 Times in 37 Posts
Rep Power: 1209
ichthus is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbercruncher View Post
I want to order my seat covers before my jeep arrives but some of the questions I can't answer as I don't have the jeep yet. I'd also like to avoid another trip to the dealer and the associated inundation by sales people.

Can anyone help with answers? I'll be ordering a two door Rubicon.

1) Do the front seats have side impact air bags?

2) Do front seats have lumbar support? I think no.

2) Are the front headrests permanently attached or do they connect via a single post or double post? I think double post.

3) Height Adjuster on Drivers Seat? I think no.

4) Rear Seat a single bench or split bench? Single Bench I think.

5) Rear seats have two or three headrests? I think two.

Any help is appreciated.

NC

1)pretty sure side impact bags are an option on ALL trim levels

2)no added lumbar support that I'm aware of, but the newest seats are pretty comfy (2013+)

2 again)front headrests have a 2 post attachment. Can be removed easily.

3)pretty sure driver's side seat height adjustment is standard on Rubi

4)single bench on 2 door, 70/30 split on 4

5)2. And 2 seatbelts. 4 door has 2 headrests and 3 seatbelts


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #6033  
Old 03-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 23
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 930
Frkolked is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim sommers View Post
IT STILL IS LISTED UNDER 2015 EXTERIOR COLORS
New:
Plum Crazy (late availability, special model initially)
I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING UNDER CRYSLER SAYING NO PLUM CRAZY
Chrysler, not CRYSLER!
Using all capital letters is like yelling.
I know it lists that under "COLORS" but apparently it is not correct compared to the companies color chart.
Read what I wrote.
Look under the "2015 Exterior Color Chart" attachment on page 1 and they do not list Plum Crazy.
Again, maybe next year.
Reply With Quote
  #6034  
Old 03-15-2015, 07:37 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 122
Thanks: 82
Thanked 56 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 1038
TroutDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeTroutDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

I really can't imagine Plum Crazy is going to be available this year if it isn't out already. Guess we'll see though.
Reply With Quote
  #6035  
Old 03-15-2015, 07:49 PM
barnettdlb's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2008 3.7L JK
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ft Myers, FL
Posts: 436
Thanks: 2
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 1960
barnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

The Plum Crazy color talk has been going for years... must be a repetitive joke propelled by Toledo workers when they stop off for a beer. "Tease em again and watch the forums go crazy... yeah plum crazy, nooo pun intended!"
Reply With Quote
  #6036  
Old 03-16-2015, 08:55 AM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,311
Thanks: 34
Thanked 250 Times in 204 Posts
Rep Power: 2297
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
1)pretty sure side impact bags are an option on ALL trim levels

2)no added lumbar support that I'm aware of, but the newest seats are pretty comfy (2013+)

2 again)front headrests have a 2 post attachment. Can be removed easily.

3)pretty sure driver's side seat height adjustment is standard on Rubi

4)single bench on 2 door, 70/30 split on 4

5)2. And 2 seatbelts. 4 door has 2 headrests and 3 seatbelts
1) Just to emphasize, only if you order/pay for the option. They are not standard on any model.

5) True, the 4 door has 2 on US models. But there are 3 on export models.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler, 2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.