2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room - Page 66 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #781  
Old 10-29-2014, 06:18 PM
Jax2A's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Middle of Ohio
Posts: 200
Thanks: 65
Thanked 63 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 1104
Jax2A is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafficguy View Post

Uh oh, here we go....

Nah, I appreciate good humor...


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

__________________
My Jeep: 2015 Sunset Orange Wrangler Sport
Previous Jeeps: 2002 Liberty, 1946 CJ2A, 1979 CJ7 & 1975 CJ5
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #782  
Old 10-29-2014, 06:41 PM
OsoAlaskaJeep's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 381
Thanks: 254
Thanked 171 Times in 98 Posts
Rep Power: 1343
OsoAlaskaJeep is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax2A View Post
Nah, I appreciate good humor...


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Yea, it's not like the color is Shady Acres, or Golden Field...
__________________
I'm Jeepin it mad real...
2017 HR Rubicon Chief Blue (Anxiously Waiting)
2015 Rubicon Baja Yellow-sold
2013 Sahara Billet Silver-sold
2008 Sahara Rescue Green-sold
Reply With Quote
  #783  
Old 10-29-2014, 11:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 30
Thanks: 7
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 945
JeepN2Deep is on a distinguished road
2015 JK Order Waiting Room!

I'll try to keep this story as short as possible....

I was up at the dealership today filling out all the paperwork in expectation of receiving my Jeep tomorrow, and I noticed while in the finance office that there was a $500ish fee with small print that said "tint,nitro,locks" I asked the finance guy what that fee was for (because my salesman failed to go over that with me) and he said it was to fill the tires with nitrogen, install wheel locks, and tint the front windows. Well I didn't want those add-ons but it was already past 7pm and I had been there for 2+ hours and was ready to leave and did not want to wait any longer so I signed the agreement (stupid, I know). However, I was thinking on the drive home, I ordered a non-tinted soft top with half doors, and to my knowledge there is no possible way they can provide window tint on the soft upper doors, therefore, they are selling me an option that they are unable to provide.

So anyways, even though I have already signed, I am going to attempt to make them re-write the paper work to exclude those options. What do y'all think? You can't charge for an option that you can't provide!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #784  
Old 10-30-2014, 08:52 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 85
Thanks: 10
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 2272
matt376 is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN2Deep View Post
I'll try to keep this story as short as possible....

I was up at the dealership today filling out all the paperwork in expectation of receiving my Jeep tomorrow, and I noticed while in the finance office that there was a $500ish fee with small print that said "tint,nitro,locks" I asked the finance guy what that fee was for (because my salesman failed to go over that with me) and he said it was to fill the tires with nitrogen, install wheel locks, and tint the front windows. Well I didn't want those add-ons but it was already past 7pm and I had been there for 2+ hours and was ready to leave and did not want to wait any longer so I signed the agreement (stupid, I know). However, I was thinking on the drive home, I ordered a non-tinted soft top with half doors, and to my knowledge there is no possible way they can provide window tint on the soft upper doors, therefore, they are selling me an option that they are unable to provide.

So anyways, even though I have already signed, I am going to attempt to make them re-write the paper work to exclude those options. What do y'all think? You can't charge for an option that you can't provide!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Not trying to stoke your fire but even if you had full doors it does not cost $500 to tint, place nitrogen in tires and add locking lug nuts. You could do all of that for half the cost. While I'm not an experienced "tinter" when I had my TJ the only way to get tinted half door was to buy new skins.

Don't you just love this type of dealer?!? Hope you can get it worked out.
__________________
2015 WK2 SRT - Granite Crystal Metallic
2011 WK2 Limited - White (hers)
2015 JKU Rubicon HR - Firecracker Red (ours)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matt376 For This Useful Post:
  #785  
Old 10-30-2014, 09:28 AM
4wheeledarsenal's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 21
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 864
4wheeledarsenal is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

I would definitely question the $500 charge. Be strong if you have to, walk away. There are many other dealers that will treat you right. The other option is to call Jeep customer service and ask if that violates the dealers franchise agreement, if so, have that customer service rep call the dealer. I have done this before, not with Jeep though.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4wheeledarsenal For This Useful Post:
  #786  
Old 10-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 30
Thanks: 7
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 945
JeepN2Deep is on a distinguished road
2015 JK Order Waiting Room!

Update: My dealer was initially unwilling to remove the $495 fee. I called Jeep customer service and one of their representatives called the dealership to discuss the situation but no solution was found. I requested that they return to me my $5,000 down payment check I had given them the day before, and I walked out. I got a call approx 1 hour later from a different sales manager and he was willing to remove the $495 fee. So I am now a frustratingly proud new owner of a 2015 JK!
Pics to come as soon as the sun comes up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #787  
Old 10-30-2014, 09:21 PM
Numbercruncher's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 201
Thanks: 75
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 1178
Numbercruncher is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN2Deep View Post
Update: My dealer was initially unwilling to remove the $495 fee. I called Jeep customer service and one of their representatives called the dealership to discuss the situation but no solution was found. I requested that they return to me my $5,000 down payment check I had given them the day before, and I walked out. I got a call approx 1 hour later from a different sales manager and he was willing to remove the $495 fee. So I am now a frustratingly proud new owner of a 2015 JK!
Pics to come as soon as the sun comes up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Glad it worked out in the end but it still sounds like a shady dealer.

I have ordered a few Fords in the past and my go to dealer never even asks for a deposit, let alone $5,000. I'll find a Jeep dealer that will do the same. I can see putting $500 down but that is it. Besides, a buyer is NEVER obligated to buy an ordered vehicle. By placing an order, all you really get is first right of refusal. Just like buying a vehicle off the lot, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.

NC
Reply With Quote
  #788  
Old 10-30-2014, 09:25 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
1blindeye is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Picking up my Rubicon tomorrow only took 5 weeks.


2012 Sahara
Reply With Quote
  #789  
Old 10-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 30
Thanks: 7
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 945
JeepN2Deep is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbercruncher View Post
Glad it worked out in the end but it still sounds like a shady dealer.



I have ordered a few Fords in the past and my go to dealer never even asks for a deposit, let alone $5,000. I'll find a Jeep dealer that will do the same. I can see putting $500 down but that is it. Besides, a buyer is NEVER obligated to buy an ordered vehicle. By placing an order, all you really get is first right of refusal. Just like buying a vehicle off the lot, if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.



NC

I was only required to put $500 down as a deposit initially. However, in anticipation of my Jeep being delivered, I went in 1 day early to complete paperwork and place my $5,000 down payment to work out my financing.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #790  
Old 10-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Heartland Empire
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 871
HogheadUPRR is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

I lose respect for any business that pulls bait traps and expect you to go along with it. Goes to show, " the squeekY wheels gets the most oil. I would've done exactly what you did. It's the principal of honesty. Congratulations,
Reply With Quote
  #791  
Old 10-31-2014, 09:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 30
Thanks: 7
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 945
JeepN2Deep is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Best picture I have so far. Early morning, low light.
ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1414763840.873950.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #792  
Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 1995 2.5L YJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 69
Thanks: 10
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 886
muddygirl71 is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Ordered a JKU Willys Wheeler W on October 17th, Sunset Orange, automatic, hard top -- Anyone else ordering that color?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2015, hard rock, JKU, order waiting, rubicon, sahara, willys, wrangler

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Wrangler JK Waiting Room DocTanner Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK 1159 01-22-2017 10:08 AM
2016 Wrangler JK Waiting Room tink5775 Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK 1272 09-27-2016 08:54 PM
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sports :: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rick_ Member Garage Discussions 0 10-21-2015 08:34 AM
Waiting - Jeep Wrangler Sahara - Red mdfarr@cox.net New Members - Welcome! 1 05-22-2015 08:50 PM
Waiting Waiting motor351 New Members - Welcome! 1 08-18-2013 11:19 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.