2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 235 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #2809  
Old 10-27-2015, 03:38 PM
foxhedge's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 JK
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 108
Thanks: 23
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 847
foxhedge is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by es11363 View Post
So my dealer tried to put the order through and when we get to the hard top, it will not go forward without clicking the body color hard top, so there is no way around the body color; perhaps I need to find a new dealer. I suppose I could always get a black top separately...
Let me know if things change & you are able to get the black as I am having other issues with the Back Country. I received two quotes - 4 other dealerships wouldn't quote and keep telling me there will be no purple & 2 dealerships tell me they can't quote yet as there is no pricing. The one that I did go with called yesterday & will not honor the quote he gave me & is going to refund my deposit. I am meeting a different dealership tomorrow but really don't want the color top - I am already buying new fenders for the Rubicon & hope that I can pull the old black ones off the Rubicon to add onto the Back Country in place of the color ones.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2810  
Old 10-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2016 JK
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 39
Thanks: 95
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 997
es11363 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhedge View Post
Let me know if things change & you are able to get the black as I am having other issues with the Back Country. I received two quotes - 4 other dealerships wouldn't quote and keep telling me there will be no purple & 2 dealerships tell me they can't quote yet as there is no pricing. The one that I did go with called yesterday & will not honor the quote he gave me & is going to refund my deposit. I am meeting a different dealership tomorrow but really don't want the color top - I am already buying new fenders for the Rubicon & hope that I can pull the old black ones off the Rubicon to add onto the Back Country in place of the color ones.
Will do - they are able to build it with purple, so it is definitely in there; and if the leave the field blank, or try to select MX3 for the black top, it won't take it, and a window pops up saying to choose MX1 (body color) or MX3 (Black). The only entry that gets the system to move on is the MX1/Body color option. This shouldn't be this hard.
__________________
2001 TJ Sahara Desert Sand (manual)
2010 JK Sahara Deep Water Blue Pearl (automatic)
2016 JK Sahara Xtreme Purple (manual)
Reply With Quote
  #2811  
Old 10-27-2015, 03:57 PM
foxhedge's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 JK
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 108
Thanks: 23
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 847
foxhedge is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by es11363 View Post
This shouldn't be this hard.
No kidding! I have not been this stressed out in a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #2812  
Old 10-27-2015, 03:58 PM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 38
Thanked 288 Times in 224 Posts
Rep Power: 2443
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by es11363 View Post
Will do - they are able to build it with purple, so it is definitely in there; and if the leave the field blank, or try to select MX3 for the black top, it won't take it, and a window pops up saying to choose MX1 (body color) or MX3 (Black). The only entry that gets the system to move on is the MX1/Body color option. This shouldn't be this hard.
Oh, purple. Doesn't purple require the body colored hard top?
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
  #2813  
Old 10-27-2015, 04:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 23
Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 840
Croq is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
Oh, purple. Doesn't purple require the body colored hard top?
Easy enough to check it. If es11363 has their dealer put in another color and see if a black hard top goes through in that color versus with purple, then maybe that is the case...

That's a LOT of purple though...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Croq For This Useful Post:
  #2814  
Old 10-27-2015, 04:15 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2016 JK
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 39
Thanks: 95
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 997
es11363 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
Oh, purple. Doesn't purple require the body colored hard top?
Don't think this is limited to purple - the body colored hard top seems to be the stopping point, regardless of color - tried a different color (hyrdo) and same problem. Seems to be something with how BC is in the ordering system.

Maybe the want to sell all the body-colored tops first before letting black go through - who knows.
__________________
2001 TJ Sahara Desert Sand (manual)
2010 JK Sahara Deep Water Blue Pearl (automatic)
2016 JK Sahara Xtreme Purple (manual)
Reply With Quote
  #2815  
Old 10-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2016 JK
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 39
Thanks: 95
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 997
es11363 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croq View Post
Easy enough to check it. If es11363 has their dealer put in another color and see if a black hard top goes through in that color versus with purple, then maybe that is the case...

That's a LOT of purple though...
Was just responding to the other post - we did just that - tried it with hydro and the same problem. Good thinking on trying it.
__________________
2001 TJ Sahara Desert Sand (manual)
2010 JK Sahara Deep Water Blue Pearl (automatic)
2016 JK Sahara Xtreme Purple (manual)
Reply With Quote
  #2816  
Old 10-27-2015, 04:27 PM
foxhedge's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 JK
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 108
Thanks: 23
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 847
foxhedge is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

I want this one then - it has a black top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1443127290012.jpg (508.9 KB, 74 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2817  
Old 10-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2016 JK
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 39
Thanks: 95
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 997
es11363 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhedge View Post
I want this one then - it has a black top.
It sure does!
__________________
2001 TJ Sahara Desert Sand (manual)
2010 JK Sahara Deep Water Blue Pearl (automatic)
2016 JK Sahara Xtreme Purple (manual)
Reply With Quote
  #2818  
Old 10-27-2015, 06:09 PM
Pcbeachbum's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: FL Panhandle
Posts: 92
Thanks: 12
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 2069
Pcbeachbum is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
A functional shaker scoop added to the Hard Rock hood?
Don't tease. For the last month I have been pricing out a Challenger Scat Pack w/Shaker vs the new Shelby GT350. That shaker hood on the Challenger looks so bada$$. After driving a loaner coupe while her suv was getting some warranty work done the wife let slip that it would be fun to have something sporty for a toy in the garage. One day she will learn to be a little more specific with those suggestions but until then Daddy goes big or goes home.

Back to Wrangler aside from the 10A, Rubi X, and HRR, has there been any other Rubicon based special edition in the last 3 years? I can't think of one. Before those you had the COD, but at most 1 special edition Rubi per year no matter how you look at it. The 70th Anniversary was Sahara based so pretty sure those leaked 75th Anniversary codes that pointed to a Sahara are true. Would really like to see one more beefed up Rubi on the JK/JKU platform with some factory goodies before the 2017 model change.
Reply With Quote
  #2819  
Old 10-27-2015, 06:25 PM
jlaskin's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 324
Thanks: 170
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 2188
jlaskin is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcbeachbum View Post
Don't tease. For the last month I have been pricing out a Challenger Scat Pack w/Shaker vs the new Shelby GT350. That shaker hood on the Challenger looks so bada$$. After driving a loaner coupe while her suv was getting some warranty work done the wife let slip that it would be fun to have something sporty for a toy in the garage. One day she will learn to be a little more specific with those suggestions but until then Daddy goes big or goes home.

Back to Wrangler aside from the 10A, Rubi X, and HRR, has there been any other Rubicon based special edition in the last 3 years? I can't think of one. Before those you had the COD, but at most 1 special edition Rubi per year no matter how you look at it. The 70th Anniversary was Sahara based so pretty sure those leaked 75th Anniversary codes that pointed to a Sahara are true. Would really like to see one more beefed up Rubi on the JK/JKU platform with some factory goodies before the 2017 model change.

I thought it's a 2018 model change? Does anyone here officially know when the redesign might be introduced?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #2820  
Old 10-27-2015, 06:34 PM
ArcherAce's Avatar
Premium Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 534
Thanks: 22
Thanked 528 Times in 214 Posts
Rep Power: 2079
ArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

A 392 is a great addition to the collection, pc! Here's mine.

Back to jeeps. Look at all the granite crystal wranglers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1445985001388.jpg (592.0 KB, 88 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.