2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 277 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #3313  
Old 11-20-2015, 08:39 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 84
Thanks: 8
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 1218
K1500Z71 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhorse311 View Post
...

Looks just like mine except with two extra doors. ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1448030374.952678.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

__________________
'14 ML 350 Bluetec
'13 JK Sahara
'12 Denali HD Duramax
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to K1500Z71 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3314  
Old 11-20-2015, 08:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 277
Thanks: 87
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 1243
Holly JR is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Milous...

Has Tank been extended? Or can it only be ordered on the FE?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #3315  
Old 11-20-2015, 09:22 AM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,619
Thanks: 81
Thanked 403 Times in 305 Posts
Rep Power: 2826
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koch View Post
I think Sarge Green is a new color, but the evidence seems to point toward a lighter olive drab in the vein of Rescue, Commando, and the "Sarge" concepts:
What evidence to you actually have on what the Sarge Green color will look like, other than your own hopes/wishes/speculations?

IMHO, simply reposting random copies of every green color Wrangler you can find on the 'net, really isn't evidence.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3316  
Old 11-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Koch's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 268
Thanks: 18
Thanked 74 Times in 59 Posts
Rep Power: 1116
Koch has a reputation beyond reputeKoch has a reputation beyond reputeKoch has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
What evidence to you actually have on what the Sarge Green color will look like, other than your own hopes/wishes/speculations?

IMHO, simply reposting random copies of every green color Wrangler you can find on the 'net, really isn't evidence.
Poor choice of words, I guess, Walt.
You're right -- no one knows what the color is, yet.
Call it speculation or conjecture, then...my bad.

The recent color chip on Cars.com hints at Olive Drab (I realize some of their color renderings are wildly inaccurate).
The name "Sarge" suggests a military color.
The timing of release with the 75A and Tan premium soft top suggests a military theme that could resemble the Sarge concepts (in style, if not color).

My intent was to piggyback on some of the other posts suggesting possible Sarge sightings, posting a couple photos of recent greens in different light that could turn out to be similar.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Koch For This Useful Post:
  #3317  
Old 11-20-2015, 09:50 AM
Blackhorse311's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Posts: 43
Thanks: 35
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 731
Blackhorse311 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

28570r/17 Duratracs, RR Gun Metal... (no lift)

I gots the Goosebumps....

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1248.jpg (525.5 KB, 71 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3318  
Old 11-20-2015, 09:51 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Chapelchilla is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Having 2 small boys and a hunch, I think that the new Sarge color will likely be based on the Jeep character in the Cars movies named "Sarge". If it is made available on the Sports, I will be ordering one in 2 months!!!!
Just joined Tread Lightly yesterday. This place has great info, thanks to all contributors and especially Milous.
Reply With Quote
  #3319  
Old 11-20-2015, 10:22 AM
SeaJay's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 825
Thanks: 89
Thanked 276 Times in 193 Posts
Rep Power: 1789
SeaJay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koch View Post
Poor choice of words, I guess, Walt.
You're right -- no one knows what the color is, yet.
Call it speculation or conjecture, then...my bad.

The recent color chip on Cars.com hints at Olive Drab (I realize some of their color renderings are wildly inaccurate).
The name "Sarge" suggests a military color.
The timing of release with the 75A and Tan premium soft top suggests a military theme that could resemble the Sarge concepts (in style, if not color).

My intent was to piggyback on some of the other posts suggesting possible Sarge sightings, posting a couple photos of recent greens in different light that could turn out to be similar.
From what Milous has posted and from what Jeep.com has on it site... I'm not sure Sarge will even be available with the Tan top, as for now that looks to be a Freedom Edition exclusive. Sarge is not listed as available on the FE.... common sense says it should be but... ?
Reply With Quote
  #3320  
Old 11-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Koch's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 268
Thanks: 18
Thanked 74 Times in 59 Posts
Rep Power: 1116
Koch has a reputation beyond reputeKoch has a reputation beyond reputeKoch has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
From what Milous has posted and from what Jeep.com has on it site... I'm not sure Sarge will even be available with the Tan top, as for now that looks to be a Freedom Edition exclusive. Sarge is not listed as available on the FE.... common sense says it should be but... ?
Too many conflicting possibilities to put the whole picture together.
As Walt mentioned, Milous's hint about bronze accents on the 75A suggests more of a Golden Eagle vibe than OD "Sarge" concept.

Archer mentioned earlier this summer that there were several Limited Editions being considered for 2016. Perhaps we'll see another one in addition to the 75A in January?

And only time will tell if colors like Xtreme and Sarge, and the tan soft top, will be available on other models.
Reply With Quote
  #3321  
Old 11-20-2015, 11:53 AM
ArcherAce's Avatar
Premium Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 649
Thanks: 41
Thanked 766 Times in 290 Posts
Rep Power: 2399
ArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koch View Post
Too many conflicting possibilities to put the whole picture together.
As Walt mentioned, Milous's hint about bronze accents on the 75A suggests more of a Golden Eagle vibe than OD "Sarge" concept.
I've seen the bronze badges. Also, they come with new rims. I like the new rims.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArcherAce For This Useful Post:
  #3322  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 155
Thanks: 24
Thanked 33 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 1304
Milkdudd is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
Grey/blue is correct
It would be! Now I might be forced to buy another Jeep. Thanks AA.
Reply With Quote
  #3323  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 35
Thanks: 14
Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1103
webbie44 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
I've seen the bronze badges. Also, they come with new rims. I like the new rims.
Would those rims happen to resemble the Mopar beadlock rims with the bronze beadlock rings?
Reply With Quote
  #3324  
Old 11-20-2015, 12:26 PM
SeaJay's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 825
Thanks: 89
Thanked 276 Times in 193 Posts
Rep Power: 1789
SeaJay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koch View Post
Too many conflicting possibilities to put the whole picture together.
Agree Koch... I guess that's what makes it all a bit fun, to me anyways. I tried to explain to my girlfriend the other day about all the jeep models, editions, packages, options, color availability, etc, etc. It's like trying to explain football to someone who has never watched a game... she was more confused afterwards than she was beforehand, lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.