2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 316 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #3781  
Old 01-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 648
J2fold is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
Lol... I'll be thinking of you in that big ol' boring Silverado as I'm cruising along with the top and doors off... you may be laughing all the way to the bank, but we're laughing because we're actually having fun. Fun in a vehicle we actually WANT.... not a vehicle we bought just to save a few bucks because our spouse said so.
See ya on the Silverado forum. Oh, and be sure to keep an eye on that there trucks resale value, ya hear?
Although I would not brag about a Silveraldo, the poster makes a point. The auto industries nickel and dimes everyone and in the end everyone loses, including the auto maker. There is no reason a Jeep should be over $50,000 fully loaded. A jeep is basically garbage anywhere except off road. The cab of those things are what you would find in a budget car. I agree they are designed to have fun off road and for that they work, but for many it is not worth the price and they will not buy one ( so no bother to them). In the end it is the fan base that gets burnt. The only reason those things work so well off road is because of very old engineering and a "if it ain't broke don't fix it," attitude. There is no reason to pay extra for that. Rubicon Hardrock cost as much as a M3 BMW. That being said, "too each their own!" Buy what you want and what makes you happy, but come on Jeep.. BTW I realize that the M3 equipped with a GPS cost $$$ extra, but if you were to put the GPS that the Jeep comes with in the BMW, the dealership would most likely put it in for free and then laugh at you.

I am in the market for one, but still can not justify the price.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J2fold For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3782  
Old 01-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 86
Thanks: 3
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 1230
cdwright is on a distinguished road
2016 Wrangler Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2fold View Post
Although I would not brag about a Silveraldo, the poster makes a point. The auto industries nickel and dimes everyone and in the end everyone loses, including the auto maker. There is no reason a Jeep should be over $50,000 fully loaded. A jeep is basically garbage anywhere except off road. The cab of those things are what you would find in a budget car. I agree they are designed to have fun off road and for that they work, but for many it is not worth the price and they will not buy one ( so no bother to them). In the end it is the fan base that gets burnt. The only reason those things work so well off road is because of very old engineering and a "if it ain't broke don't fix it," attitude. There is no reason to pay extra for that. Rubicon Hardrock cost as much as a M3 BMW. That being said, "too each their own!" Buy what you want and what makes you happy, but come on Jeep.. BTW I realize that the M3 equipped with a GPS cost $$$ extra, but if you were to put the GPS that the Jeep comes with in the BMW, the dealership would most likely put it in for free and then laugh at you.

I am in the market for one, but still can not justify the price.

Not to start an argument, but I am not sure where you are getting a new M3 for 50k. True car for my zip has them starting just under 60k.

I get jeeps are expensive, but they hit a segment no one else hits. An off road convertible that has pretty damn good road manners depending on tire selection.

You cannot justify the price, please do not poop on others of us that do.




Sent using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #3783  
Old 01-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 36
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 715
terraformer is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

I made a visit into the dealer today to remind them I exist and find out what dates the next ordering period opens, etc; It's the 12th this month BTW, which is odd but likely Detroit auto show related. Turns out they have a very close version of what I would want in a color other than Mojave Sand. The major difference for me is that it doesn't have the connectivity group. I don't care about the USB ports, etc; as I will lose access to those when I replace the radio anyhow, but I do care about the TPMS display. Does anyone know of a good aftermarket option to replace that?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3784  
Old 01-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 648
J2fold is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwright View Post
Not to start an argument, but I am not sure where you are getting a new M3 for 50k. True car for my zip has them starting just under 60k.

I get jeeps are expensive, but they hit a segment no one else hits. An off road convertible that has pretty damn good road manners depending on tire selection.

You cannot justify the price, please do not poop on others of us that do.




Sent using JeepGarage
I said over $54000 + a free Jeep GPS, which is what many hardrocks fully loaded cost. Personally as mentioned before, I said to each their own and buy what makes you happy! With that being said, there is no reason people who like Jeeps can not complain about the price. If people are willing to spend $100,000 for a Jeep then they will sell them for that price. Don't take complaints about Jeeps pricing personally, they are targeted towards the auto maker.

This reminds me of the Ford Ranger, which was a nice small pickup truck. The price got so high on those that people opted for the F-150. Ranger was no longer sold in the US. Higher prices in the long run usually means less options and eventually its demise. -Suppliers get a hold of how much the Jeeps are selling for they will raise their prices to the point Jeep can no longer sell them for a profit.
Reply With Quote
  #3785  
Old 01-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 277
Thanks: 87
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 1241
Holly JR is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraformer View Post
I made a visit into the dealer today to remind them I exist and find out what dates the next ordering period opens, etc; It's the 12th this month BTW, which is odd but likely Detroit auto show related. Turns out they have a very close version of what I would want in a color other than Mojave Sand. The major difference for me is that it doesn't have the connectivity group. I don't care about the USB ports, etc; as I will lose access to those when I replace the radio anyhow, but I do care about the TPMS display. Does anyone know of a good aftermarket option to replace that?

Thanks for the date! I'm crossing my fingers for my HR!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #3786  
Old 01-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 448
Thanks: 143
Thanked 119 Times in 72 Posts
Rep Power: 2264
a990dna is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2fold View Post
I said over $54000 + a free Jeep GPS, which is what many hardrocks fully loaded cost. Personally as mentioned before, I said to each their own and buy what makes you happy! With that being said, there is no reason people who like Jeeps can not complain about the price. If people are willing to spend $100,000 for a Jeep then they will sell them for that price. Don't take complaints about Jeeps pricing personally, they are targeted towards the auto maker.

This reminds me of the Ford Ranger, which was a nice small pickup truck. The price got so high on those that people opted for the F-150. Ranger was no longer sold in the US. Higher prices in the long run usually means less options and eventually its demise. -Suppliers get a hold of how much the Jeeps are selling for they will raise their prices to the point Jeep can no longer sell them for a profit.
$54K for a Hard Rock? .... remove $10K and that's what a loaded HR cost.

... kinda embellishing facts.. no?

I guarantee if Jeep raised the price of the Wrangler to $100K sales would come to a screeching halt.

That's G-Wagon territory.

.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2016 Wrangler RED ROCK - number 50/50
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 50A 4.0L HO - orig owner
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
Reply With Quote
  #3787  
Old 01-01-2016, 08:08 PM
SoCalRubicon's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 306
Thanks: 15
Thanked 136 Times in 73 Posts
Rep Power: 1520
SoCalRubicon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalRubicon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalRubicon has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2fold View Post

...I said over $54000 + a free Jeep GPS, which is what many hardrocks fully loaded cost....

Quote:
Originally Posted by a990dna View Post

$54K for a Hard Rock? .... remove $10K and that's what a loaded HR cost.

... kinda embellishing facts.. no?


In J2fold's defense, if you check every option on an Unlimited Hard Rock it tops out at $51,660 on Jeep.com.

Granted the actual sales price would be much lower than that, but $51,660 would be what the general public would see when initially searching for prices.
__________________
---------------------------------

Not all who wander are lost
Reply With Quote
  #3788  
Old 01-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 448
Thanks: 143
Thanked 119 Times in 72 Posts
Rep Power: 2264
a990dna is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRubicon View Post
In J2fold's defense, if you check every option on an Unlimited Hard Rock it tops out at $51,660 on Jeep.com.

Granted the actual sales price would be much lower than that, but $51,660 would be what the general public would see when initially searching for prices.
Let's see... I had my dealer price out a 2016 JKRHR a few months ago. I'd post the pre-order build-sheet, but I keep getting an error message.

Loaded JKRHR..
MSRP....... $44400
FWP......... $41647
Holdback.. $1302
FFP.......... $41306 <-- approx 1% below invoice
EP........... $39640

What... an Unlimited is approx $3K to $4K more?

You guys must live in Canada..

.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2016 Wrangler RED ROCK - number 50/50
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 50A 4.0L HO - orig owner
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
Reply With Quote
  #3789  
Old 01-02-2016, 06:20 AM
barnettdlb's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2008 3.7L JK
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ft Myers, FL
Posts: 437
Thanks: 2
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 2164
barnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond reputebarnettdlb has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

No matter how you slice it... JKs are cash cows for FCA. Consumers are showing that they have not maxed out the JK price yet. the local dealer sold 10 Hard Rocks off the lot in as many days in December... (a friend of mine works there). They'd sell more but can't get them fast enough. This is only market frenzy... has nothing to do with its actual worth.


Quote:
Originally Posted by a990dna View Post
Let's see... I had my dealer price out a 2016 JKRHR a few months ago. I'd post the pre-order build-sheet, but I keep getting an error message.

Loaded JKRHR..
MSRP....... $44400
FWP......... $41647
Holdback.. $1302
FFP.......... $41306 <-- approx 1% below invoice
EP........... $39640

What... an Unlimited is approx $3K to $4K more?

You guys must live in Canada..

.
Reply With Quote
  #3790  
Old 01-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 448
Thanks: 143
Thanked 119 Times in 72 Posts
Rep Power: 2264
a990dna is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettdlb View Post
No matter how you slice it... JKs are cash cows for FCA. Consumers are showing that they have not maxed out the JK price yet. the local dealer sold 10 Hard Rocks off the lot in as many days in December... (a friend of mine works there). They'd sell more but can't get them fast enough. This is only market frenzy... has nothing to do with its actual worth.
Of course they are... I would guess FCA is enjoying a 50% gross margin on this particular platform.

With that said, they can't afford to screw it up.

.
Reply With Quote
  #3791  
Old 01-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 52
Thanks: 9
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 639
JKTex has a reputation beyond reputeJKTex has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2fold View Post
Rubicon Hardrock cost as much as a M3 BMW.
With all due respect, that claim is ludicrous. The sticker on an RHR with a hard top and side airbags is over $20,000 less than the cheapest M3.

Reply With Quote
  #3792  
Old 01-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 JK
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 141
Thanks: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 837
GoCoogs is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Either way, both vehicles are overpriced. Wrangler has a new following of keeping up with the joneses/fanboys/let me show everyone how much money i dont have anymore. Most new owners only care about and want one because they wanna be like everyone else. I imagine half the new wrangler owners also wear affliction shirts that are 5 sizes too small or multiple poli shirts with popped colkars. Its a craze and hopefully it dies soon. HRs arent worth the price, M3s arent worth the price, Silverados are for old people and grandmas with blue hair.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.