2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 388 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #4645  
Old 04-29-2016, 07:00 AM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 38
Thanked 288 Times in 224 Posts
Rep Power: 2441
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFSTEEL View Post
This forum is for information not easily obtained by using Google. The questions are very general and can be answered quickly by searching. Some of the info can be found on Jeep.com

If people searched BEFORE they posted the forum would be filled with more useful information instead of countless threads about what tires should I buy? ...or what size wheels will fit my Jeep? ...or how should I black out my trim? I practice what I preach and im allowed an opinion just like yourself.
I have to agree. Some of the questions being asked lately, are ones that require only an easy "pre-K" level of search abilities to find the answers. In other words, the search should have taken less time than the time required to make the post.

Because of that, they do appear give a rather strong underlining message that the poster feels their time is too valuable to spend any of it searching, and that we are somehow obligated to do it for them.

__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4646  
Old 04-29-2016, 01:41 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 JK
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 141
Thanks: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 683
GoCoogs is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
I have to agree. Some of the questions being asked lately, are ones that require only an easy "pre-K" level of search abilities to find the answers. In other words, the search should have taken less time than the time required to make the post.

Because of that, they do appear give a rather strong underlining message that the poster feels their time is too valuable to spend any of it searching, and that we are somehow obligated to do it for them.
Shhhhhhhh!!!! You might offend someones sensitive feelings. While this is a source of information, many people have become use to others doing thd leg work for them. Remember, people deserve trophies, even if they lose.
Reply With Quote
  #4647  
Old 04-29-2016, 03:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 115
Thanks: 15
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 675
jessebkr87 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

But, instead of just dropping it where it started like adults would, we are going to keep going on and on and on and fill up a thread with unrelated posts about how everyone and their mother is wrong for asking questions in a forum filled with knowledgeable people on the exact topics being asked about.

The next time I ask a question I'll preface it with a note about how I'm deployed and most websites are blocked and it's just easier for me to ask the question. That way I can avoid getting my throat jumped down by a bunch of agitated men on the edge of their seats looking to attack someone and waste the time of everyone involved.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jessebkr87 For This Useful Post:
  #4648  
Old 04-29-2016, 06:46 PM
SilverBillet's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,953
Thanks: 2
Thanked 441 Times in 301 Posts
Rep Power: 32555
SilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessebkr87 View Post
But, instead of just dropping it where it started like adults would, we are going to keep going on and on and on and fill up a thread with unrelated posts about how everyone and their mother is wrong for asking questions in a forum filled with knowledgeable people on the exact topics being asked about.

The next time I ask a question I'll preface it with a note about how I'm deployed and most websites are blocked and it's just easier for me to ask the question. That way I can avoid getting my throat jumped down by a bunch of agitated men on the edge of their seats looking to attack someone and waste the time of everyone involved.

Oh no ...the military card.
You're going to tell me your Google results will be blocked but this forum wont? Sorry I call
I hope you don't feed that same bull to your superiors. Laziness has nothing to do with your military deployment soldier.
Reply With Quote
  #4649  
Old 04-29-2016, 09:48 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
CaptainMorgan is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCoogs View Post
Shhhhhhhh!!!! You might offend someones sensitive feelings. While this is a source of information, many people have become use to others doing thd leg work for them. Remember, people deserve trophies, even if they lose.
As Flo would say:
"Sorry sprinkles are for winners"
Reply With Quote
  #4650  
Old 04-30-2016, 10:24 AM
Numbercruncher's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 201
Thanks: 75
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 1177
Numbercruncher is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Come on girls, get this thread back on track.

NC
Reply With Quote
  #4651  
Old 04-30-2016, 10:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 115
Thanks: 15
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 675
jessebkr87 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFSTEEL View Post
Oh no ...the military card.
You're going to tell me your Google results will be blocked but this forum wont? Sorry I call
I hope you don't feed that same bull to your superiors. Laziness has nothing to do with your military deployment soldier.
Am I the one who asked the original question without searching? No. So no card was played, but thanks for trying. I was merely proving a point that you don't know everything about everyone's situation. My superiors would agree that you are acting like an idiot.


In an attempt to get the thread back on track I'm done wasting my time on you.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jessebkr87 For This Useful Post:
  #4652  
Old 05-02-2016, 08:52 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 48
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 565
symons1962 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Desperately need a bunch of pictures of a Hypergreen 2-door Wrangler! Wanting to order but NEED to see the color first!
Reply With Quote
  #4653  
Old 05-03-2016, 05:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 279
Thanks: 5
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Rep Power: 731
sportcoupe is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by symons1962 View Post
Desperately need a bunch of pictures of a Hypergreen 2-door Wrangler! Wanting to order but NEED to see the color first!
If you're waiting for one to show up at your local dealer before ordering, good luck.

If you want to see one on your out of color balance computer monitor or phone, there have been several pictures posted already. One member bought a can of hyper green paint and painted a metal test piece and posted pics.
__________________
(2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Mojave Sand)
Date ordered: 01/18/2016
Reply With Quote
  #4654  
Old 05-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 23
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 305
Shurap1 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
If you're waiting for one to show up at your local dealer before ordering, good luck.

If you want to see one on your out of color balance computer monitor or phone, there have been several pictures posted already. One member bought a can of hyper green paint and painted a metal test piece and posted pics.
I think few cars have already shipped as reported on 2016 waiting room thread. We should see more photos very soon.
Reply With Quote
  #4655  
Old 05-03-2016, 04:32 PM
ArcherAce's Avatar
Premium Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 531
Thanks: 22
Thanked 523 Times in 213 Posts
Rep Power: 2073
ArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Hypergreen is running heavy today. Here's a couple waiting to be routed to the shipper. Since anyone can see this from the road I'll post it.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ArcherAce For This Useful Post:
  #4656  
Old 05-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 48
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 565
symons1962 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

HOLY CRAP THEY'RE BRIGHT!! I think I like it. Like to lay hands on one to see. I'll swing by my local dealer and kiss him in the ear and see if he can find one close enough to drive to and see. Thanks for the picture.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.