2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 57 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #673  
Old 08-02-2015, 10:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 195
Thanks: 23
Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 793
Croq is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
2016 production launch: September 8, 2015
2016 sales launch: September 1, 2015

Exactly what does the production & sales launch mean. Does the production launch mean, that's the day the actually start making 2016 Jeeps? I placed an order for an Unlimited Sport. 3 weeks ago. What would be a reasonable delivery date?
Based on what I have read in several spots, the 2016 Jeep Wranglers will begin production on September 8. If you ordered 3 weeks ago, I would think yours come off the line in a pretty early fashion, but others could maybe offer more insight.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Croq For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #674  
Old 08-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 66
Thanks: 3
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 585
RunninKurt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
2016 production launch: September 8, 2015
2016 sales launch: September 1, 2015

Exactly what does the production & sales launch mean. Does the production launch mean, that's the day the actually start making 2016 Jeeps? I placed an order for an Unlimited Sport. 3 weeks ago. What would be a reasonable delivery date?

Thanks,

Tom
I would assume they build them in the order they were... ordered. Probably based on VIN. My last 6 are 100252 or something like that, I assume my jeep would be the 252nd off the line +/- a few pilots.
Anyone have any real insight?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RunninKurt For This Useful Post:
  #675  
Old 08-03-2015, 01:07 PM
ArcherAce's Avatar
Premium Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 505
Thanks: 21
Thanked 469 Times in 202 Posts
Rep Power: 2003
ArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninKurt View Post
I would assume they build them in the order they were... ordered. Probably based on VIN. My last 6 are 100252 or something like that, I assume my jeep would be the 252nd off the line +/- a few pilots.
Anyone have any real insight?
They build them in order of parts availability.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArcherAce For This Useful Post:
  #676  
Old 08-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 103
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 599
NascarMan64 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Got the second best news today. Bank calls and tells you that they approved your car loan. So I get to go pick out and order the Jeep. One step closer to being part of the Jeep family and I'm stoked.
Reply With Quote
  #677  
Old 08-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 19
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 524
TomP is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
They build them in order of parts availability.
First off - Thanks to those that replied.

Should I have a vin at this point? It's been 3 weeks since the order was places. I called the dealer and his response was no word from Jeep yet. I'm heading over to the dealer tomorrow. Hoping to also be able to do a deal on a Patriot for my wife. So after we're done with the Patriot, I'd like to discuss my Wrangler Unlimited.

Thanks again,

TomP
Reply With Quote
  #678  
Old 08-04-2015, 01:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 14
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 566
Rubi is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
First off - Thanks to those that replied.

Should I have a vin at this point? It's been 3 weeks since the order was places. I called the dealer and his response was no word from Jeep yet. I'm heading over to the dealer tomorrow. Hoping to also be able to do a deal on a Patriot for my wife. So after we're done with the Patriot, I'd like to discuss my Wrangler Unlimited.

Thanks again,

TomP
You usually get the VIN in about a week.
Reply With Quote
  #679  
Old 08-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 19
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 524
TomP is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi View Post
You usually get the VIN in about a week.
Should that come directly to me from Jeep or does it come through the dealer? I gave the dealer my email address.

Thanks,

TomP
Reply With Quote
  #680  
Old 08-04-2015, 09:06 AM
SeaJay's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 720
Thanks: 89
Thanked 177 Times in 135 Posts
Rep Power: 1484
SeaJay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
2016 production launch: September 8, 2015
2016 sales launch: September 1, 2015

Exactly what does the production & sales launch mean. Does the production launch mean, that's the day the actually start making 2016 Jeeps? I placed an order for an Unlimited Sport. 3 weeks ago. What would be a reasonable delivery date?

Thanks,

Tom
Seeing as how they don't start cranking out the '16s until 9/8.... I'd say you're looking at mid October at the earliest until you see your Jeep. (The fact that ypu placed your order early doesnt mean much as Archer has stated) Your wait could also be substantially longer depending on your distance from Toledo and options selected such as Tow Group or custom leather, etc, etc. Keep in mind, your jeep could be pulled aside for "I" status meaning built but not ok'd, ending up in the inspection "no mans land." If that happens you're looking at who knows when? November?, December? There's something to be said for going to the dealership, test driving a jeep, giving it a good once over and buying it. Of course, for many this is not possible with the different gear ratios, etc a buyer may need or want.
So ordering a Wrangler takes patience. Calling your dealership every hour, hassling your sales person daily and staring at your computer screen endlessly does not speed things up... it just makes the time frame seem all that much longer. Heck, some here have said their dealership threw a random delivery date at them just to get them off their back.... Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #681  
Old 08-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2016 JK
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: IL
Posts: 7
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 504
thofs is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
Should that come directly to me from Jeep or does it come through the dealer? I gave the dealer my email address.

Thanks,

TomP
My Dealer told me he attatched my email address to the order so I should hear from Jeep with the VIN/VON. He said he would also email me just to make sure. According to him, 2 to 3 weeks. From what I've seen people post that they got their VIN about a week and a half after ordering.
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 08-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 19
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 524
TomP is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
Seeing as how they don't start cranking out the '16s until 9/8.... I'd say you're looking at mid October at the earliest until you see your Jeep. (The fact that ypu placed your order early doesnt mean much as Archer has stated) Your wait could also be substantially longer depending on your distance from Toledo and options selected such as Tow Group or custom leather, etc, etc. Keep in mind, your jeep could be pulled aside for "I" status meaning built but not ok'd, ending up in the inspection "no mans land." If that happens you're looking at who knows when? November?, December? There's something to be said for going to the dealership, test driving a jeep, giving it a good once over and buying it. Of course, for many this is not possible with the different gear ratios, etc a buyer may need or want.
So ordering a Wrangler takes patience. Calling your dealership every hour, hassling your sales person daily and staring at your computer screen endlessly does not speed things up... it just makes the time frame seem all that much longer. Heck, some here have said their dealership threw a random delivery date at them just to get them off their back.... Good luck.
The options I ordered are and unlimited sport, blue, max tow, softtop,automatic, supplimental airbags, anti spin diff. I've been reading that there are ways to check the status online or through the phone. Do those avenues come through the dealership or directly from jeep?

Thank you so much for the reply - Seajay,

Tom
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 08-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Koch's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2016 JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 263
Thanks: 18
Thanked 65 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 911
Koch has a reputation beyond reputeKoch has a reputation beyond reputeKoch has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
I've been reading that there are ways to check the status online or through the phone. Do those avenues come through the dealership or directly from jeep?
Jeep Live Chat: Jeep - Contact Us
Jeep Customer Service: 1-877-426-5337

You can ask your dealer to run a Vinivision report for you to check the status.

Also check out Post #1 of this thread:

2015 JK Order Waiting Room - Jeep Wrangler Forum

Some of the information might be outdated, but much of it still applies.
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 08-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 13
Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 532
APDesigns is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Information Thread

I figure, by ordering early, that gives them more time to get parts together so I can be built in a timely manner. Might not work like that, but it's wishful thinking and makes me feel better. Lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.