2016 Wrangler JK Waiting Room - Page 74 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #877  
Old 03-17-2016, 05:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 279
Thanks: 5
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Rep Power: 730
sportcoupe is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRubicon View Post
Oh hellz yeah!!!

I'm in Paint (F Status) as of 8:30pm EST!!!

20 days from ordering (2/25).
11 days from D1 (3/5).

Now let's see how long shipping to SoCal takes this time...
Hate to say this but "paint" is the beginning of the build process, not the end. There's a lot that has to happen before the jeep is released to the rail system.

D - firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D - 1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E - frame
F - paint
G - trim
I - built not ok'd
J - built ok'd
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - emission check
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant , invoiced
KZL - released - not shipped
KZM - first rail departure
KZN - first rail arrival
KZT - second rail departure
KZU - second rail arrival
KZX - delivered to dealer
ZA - canceled

__________________
(2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Mojave Sand)
Date ordered: 01/18/2016
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #878  
Old 03-17-2016, 07:03 AM
SoCalRubicon's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 234
Thanks: 8
Thanked 71 Times in 47 Posts
Rep Power: 1236
SoCalRubicon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post

Hate to say this but "paint" is the beginning of the build process, not the end. There's a lot that has to happen before the jeep is released to the rail system.

D - firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D - 1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E - frame
F - paint
G - trim
I - built not ok'd
J - built ok'd
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - emission check
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant , invoiced
KZL - released - not shipped
KZM - first rail departure
KZN - first rail arrival
KZT - second rail departure
KZU - second rail arrival
KZX - delivered to dealer
ZA - canceled
That "a lot that has to happen" that you mentioned all happens quickly.

It takes about 24 hours to build a Jeep and goes from "E" to "KZ" within that timeframe (barring any major complications).

I ordered my first Jeep in 2014.

This is now the third Jeep I've built and tracked.

I'd say I'm more familiar with the build process than most people.

So yes, it was "only" in paint and still is 16-18 days away from arriving at my dealer (I'm in SoCal) but being built is much better than being in D1.

Now it's at the mercy of the rail system and Mother Nature.
__________________
---------------------------------

Not all who wander are lost
Reply With Quote
  #879  
Old 03-17-2016, 10:11 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 324
nothingmeansnothing is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

So excited! Just got a call from my dealer with an estimated ship date. I know its just an estimate and the wait for delivery is even longer, but things are finally happening.

2016 JKU 75AE Sarge Green
Ordered 3/10
D1 status
Estimated Ship Date 3/29
Reply With Quote
  #880  
Old 03-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 315
JoeNo is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Just ordered a JKUHR in Mojave Sand. I love my 16 Sahara but I should have bought the HR in the first place. Anyway, hello to all,
Reply With Quote
  #881  
Old 03-17-2016, 02:29 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 315
JoeNo is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNo View Post
Just ordered a JKUHR in Mojave Sand. I love my 16 Sahara but I should have bought the HR in the first place. Anyway, hello to all,
Now its waiting time.
Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 03-17-2016, 10:29 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1046
c-w3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNo View Post
Just ordered a JKUHR in Mojave Sand. I love my 16 Sahara but I should have bought the HR in the first place. Anyway, hello to all,
Can I ask why? Just looks or are you wanting the lockers/disconnects/heavier axles?
Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 03-18-2016, 07:45 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 315
JoeNo is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-w3 View Post
Can I ask why? Just looks or are you wanting the lockers/disconnects/heavier axles?
Exactly, oh yeah, and the bumpers and hood too.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 03-18-2016, 02:18 PM
SoCalRubicon's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 234
Thanks: 8
Thanked 71 Times in 47 Posts
Rep Power: 1236
SoCalRubicon is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRubicon View Post

Oh hellz yeah!!!

I'm in Paint (F Status) as of 8:30pm EST!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post

Hate to say this but "paint" is the beginning of the build process, not the end. There's a lot that has to happen before the jeep is released to the rail system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRubicon View Post

That "a lot that has to happen" that you mentioned all happens quickly.

It takes about 24 hours to build a Jeep and goes from "E" to "KZ" within that timeframe (barring any major complications).

I ordered my first Jeep in 2014.

This is now the third Jeep I've built and tracked.

I'd say I'm more familiar with the build process than most people.


Production Status KZ Received 03/17/16 11:29:11 PM

Hey, look at that, it went "KZ" status just about 27 hours after getting into "Paint".


Happy Jeeping!!!
__________________
---------------------------------

Not all who wander are lost
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 03-18-2016, 07:32 PM
MemphreMonster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 90
Thanks: 23
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 999
MemphreMonster is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

"Paint status" = F is better than "waiting for Hypergreen paint" status = WTF

Although there is a post of what it looks like finally on the other thread... the line to order Hypergreen starts BEHIND me....take a number.
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 03-18-2016, 07:46 PM
SoCalRubicon's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 234
Thanks: 8
Thanked 71 Times in 47 Posts
Rep Power: 1236
SoCalRubicon is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphreMonster View Post
"Paint status" = F is better than "waiting for Hypergreen paint" status = WTF

Although there is a post of what it looks like finally on the other thread... the line to order Hypergreen starts BEHIND me....take a number.


Haha, true!



You mean this picture...



__________________
---------------------------------

Not all who wander are lost
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 03-18-2016, 10:35 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1046
c-w3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNo View Post

Exactly, oh yeah, and the bumpers and hood too.
Thanks
I'm with you. I was ready to buy a HR just to get the bumpers and hood. Since I don't really need the lockers and extras of the rubi I was glad to get them on the 75th.
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 03-19-2016, 12:23 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 561
Glennfiddich12 is on a distinguished road
re: 2016 Wrangler JK Waiting Room

I think I just burned my retinas looking at that hypergreen. Wow. Anyway, I'm in D1 awaiting my JKUWW with half doors. Does anyone know of someone who's gotten a Mojave Sand with half doors? Just curious if I'll be the first around here.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Wrangler JK Waiting Room DocTanner Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK 1092 01-19-2017 08:48 AM
2016 Hard Rock Rubicon :: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Hard Rock Rubicon Mark1328 Member Garage Discussions 0 07-02-2016 12:25 PM
2015 Wrangler JK Waiting Room TroutDaddy Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK 1175 02-26-2016 09:56 AM
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock Lifted :: 2016 Jeep Rubicon KoonsDCGroupBuy Member Garage Discussions 0 01-09-2016 12:03 PM
Waiting Waiting motor351 New Members - Welcome! 1 08-18-2013 11:19 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.