2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 151 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1801  
Old 09-22-2016, 04:50 PM
Yoodie's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 365
Thanks: 33
Thanked 115 Times in 71 Posts
Rep Power: 1521
Yoodie is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by phljeeper View Post
Wow, Gobi looks nice. Wonder when it will be available.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Remember brochure photos are usually photoshopped. Not saying it wont look like that but just a friendly reminder.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1802  
Old 09-22-2016, 05:11 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 48
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 718
symons1962 is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Well it's been a heck of a whirlwind last few weeks. My 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock is in D1. Now for the ugly side.........email sent to me Aug. 30 @ 9:02a.m. informing it was in D1 status WOOHOO!!!!!!! At approximately 3:00p.m. I was called into the office for a meeting and was let go from the company in less than 2 minutes.........wtf!!!!! Why? I will never fully know. It took about 36 hours to get back to reality and start to figure out a plan. Landed a really great job with a fantastic company. Totally out of my comfort/knowledge zone. Then to figure out the Jeep crisis. My trade-in had already been sold so I was without wheels. (Had a company truck.) Waited a very long time for this new Jeep, Hypergreen too. So i've decided to dig in and hang on. I'm getting this Jeep, my last hurrah, come hell or high water! So now I wait, VERY ANXIOUSLY!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1803  
Old 09-22-2016, 05:23 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Canton, Mi.
Posts: 19
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 376
green69 is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by symons1962 View Post
Well it's been a heck of a whirlwind last few weeks. My 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock is in D1. Now for the ugly side.........email sent to me Aug. 30 @ 9:02a.m. informing it was in D1 status WOOHOO!!!!!!! At approximately 3:00p.m. I was called into the office for a meeting and was let go from the company in less than 2 minutes.........wtf!!!!! Why? I will never fully know. It took about 36 hours to get back to reality and start to figure out a plan. Landed a really great job with a fantastic company. Totally out of my comfort/knowledge zone. Then to figure out the Jeep crisis. My trade-in had already been sold so I was without wheels. (Had a company truck.) Waited a very long time for this new Jeep, Hypergreen too. So i've decided to dig in and hang on. I'm getting this Jeep, my last hurrah, come hell or high water! So now I wait, VERY ANXIOUSLY!!!!!!!
Good things have already happened with you landing a new job so quick, so congratulations!
Keep the faith! Sounds like everything is working out!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1804  
Old 09-22-2016, 05:37 PM
Gbonebrake's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2017 JK
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 31
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 383
Gbonebrake is on a distinguished road
Garage
So I'm trying to wait patiently as the factory starts turning out rigs. I'm curious if there is any rhyme or reason to what gets built first. Doesn't appear to be a first in, first out setup.

Do some orders have more weight in the scheduling process than others? Like one dealership has more clout than another? Do they build a mix of vehicles based on options , colors, etc?

Guessing they are making several hundred of these a day? So I'm sure the tiny subset of overall orders that are represented in our list of tracked builds isn't very representative of everything out there.

I'm not complaining, it is what it is. Just wondering how it works, if how it works is even something that can be made known here.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1805  
Old 09-22-2016, 05:45 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 69
Thanks: 8
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 354
d2mini is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Personally, i couldn't give a rat's arse what color the light is... as long as I can see better than before.
Reply With Quote
  #1806  
Old 09-22-2016, 05:49 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 69
Thanks: 8
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 354
d2mini is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbonebrake View Post
So I'm trying to wait patiently as the factory starts turning out rigs. I'm curious if there is any rhyme or reason to what gets built first. Doesn't appear to be a first in, first out setup.

Do some orders have more weight in the scheduling process than others? Like one dealership has more clout than another? Do they build a mix of vehicles based on options , colors, etc?

Guessing they are making several hundred of these a day? So I'm sure the tiny subset of overall orders that are represented in our list of tracked builds isn't very representative of everything out there.

I'm not complaining, it is what it is. Just wondering how it works, if how it works is even something that can be made known here.

Thanks
I don't think anyone really knows the rhyme or reason.
They build approximately 900 per day over two 10 hour shifts.
From videos I've seen on youtube of the assembly line, there is a mix of colors at any given time but I don't know if they build X number of Rubicons at one time or anything specific like that.
Reply With Quote
  #1807  
Old 09-22-2016, 06:02 PM
DDulie's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 1951 CJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 115
Thanks: 23
Thanked 49 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 409
DDulie is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
Is that an early 2017 or a late 2016? Can't tell without a front end/grill picture.
What on the front end or grill is a tell tale sign of a 2016 vs a 2017?
__________________
1951 Olive Drab M38
1987 Red Met. YJ 400/TH350
2017 Gobi RHR
Reply With Quote
  #1808  
Old 09-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2017 JK
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: CA
Posts: 401
Thanks: 111
Thanked 146 Times in 99 Posts
Rep Power: 1313
thirdman is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDulie View Post
What on the front end or grill is a tell tale sign of a 2016 vs a 2017?
LED headlights, if equipped.
Reply With Quote
  #1809  
Old 09-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Trysh17's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 337
Thanks: 525
Thanked 186 Times in 121 Posts
Rep Power: 666
Trysh17 is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Gobi looks like it may have a green hue to it? Or is it the shadows from the trees? I like both! The chief is definitely awesome! If the photo shop is dead on.
__________________
(0|||||||0)
Reply With Quote
  #1810  
Old 09-22-2016, 06:44 PM
SeaJay's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 825
Thanks: 89
Thanked 276 Times in 193 Posts
Rep Power: 1787
SeaJay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperfrog View Post
Gobi looks like it may have a green hue to it? Or is it the shadows from the trees? I like both! The chief is definitely awesome! If the photo shop is dead on.
Agree regarding Chief... I'm thinking I'll prefer it with black fenders though. Looks like one of those colors that needs some contrast.


ForumRunner_20160922_194355.jpg
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SeaJay For This Useful Post:
  #1811  
Old 09-22-2016, 07:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 46
Thanks: 27
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 1131
ThirtyOne is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbonebrake View Post
So I'm trying to wait patiently as the factory starts turning out rigs. I'm curious if there is any rhyme or reason to what gets built first. Doesn't appear to be a first in, first out setup.

Do some orders have more weight in the scheduling process than others? Like one dealership has more clout than another? Do they build a mix of vehicles based on options , colors, etc?

Guessing they are making several hundred of these a day? So I'm sure the tiny subset of overall orders that are represented in our list of tracked builds isn't very representative of everything out there.

I'm not complaining, it is what it is. Just wondering how it works, if how it works is even something that can be made known here.

Thanks

My understanding is that there is logic to it but not anything you could figure out. It has to do with optimizing the materials on hand and each part of the factory or something like that. So it wouldn't make sense to do it random but it also wouldn't make sense to build the same thing all day either.

One thing I know - all attempts to predict when your jeep will get built based on what other jeeps are being built have failed.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #1812  
Old 09-22-2016, 07:17 PM
DDulie's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 1951 CJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 115
Thanks: 23
Thanked 49 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 409
DDulie is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

I am hoping "Late availability" on these colors was not going to be too late to order a Gobi Rubicon HR.

On a side note, has anyone priced the LED headlights for the 17's from Jeep as an upgrade for an older JK? The light pattern in the photos looks much better than the rental Wranglers I have driven.
Is there an LED upgrade kit from Jeep and does it cover both headlights and fog lights? Has anyone looked into this yet?

LED headlights.jpg
__________________
1951 Olive Drab M38
1987 Red Met. YJ 400/TH350
2017 Gobi RHR
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DDulie For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
wrangler, 2017

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.