2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 179 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #2137  
Old 10-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2017 JK
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Mid Missouri
Posts: 116
Thanks: 96
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 228
Cowgirl43 is on a distinguished road
Garage
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl43 View Post
Sorry for all the replies but I just called jeep and if you wanted the chief blue it's available for order now. Code is the PQB. No pics to show but got that info. Thanks to Diogen for the phone #.

So this information was given to me incorrectly by the individual I called. Chief will not be available to order til December.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

__________________
Courage is being scared to death but saddlin' up anyway. ~John Wayne
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2138  
Old 10-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2017 JK
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: CA
Posts: 290
Thanks: 82
Thanked 73 Times in 54 Posts
Rep Power: 1050
thirdman is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LURCHHD View Post
Just happened to be at my dealer this afternoon and low and behold the truck pulls in with my JKU on it.
17 JKU, auto, HYPER GREEN, SOFT TOP, max tow, LSD, Heated seats, Bluetooth, it's beautiful. Will try to post some pictures later.
Looks sweet. Really loving the headlights the more I see them. Congrats!👍🏼
Reply With Quote
  #2139  
Old 10-04-2016, 05:40 PM
SaguaroWrangler's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 187
SaguaroWrangler is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LURCHHD View Post
Just happened to be at my dealer this afternoon and low and behold the truck pulls in with my JKU on it.
17 JKU, auto, HYPER GREEN, SOFT TOP, max tow, LSD, Heated seats, Bluetooth, it's beautiful. Will try to post some pictures later.

Love the shot on the truck! Wish I had one of my SaguaroWrangler..

Congrats....

What 2 doors, if any were on the truck?
Reply With Quote
  #2140  
Old 10-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 85
Thanks: 6
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 210
LURCHHD is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

No 2 doors, 1 Rubicon and 1 Willys I think.
Reply With Quote
  #2141  
Old 10-04-2016, 08:54 PM
ArcherAce's Avatar
Premium Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 532
Thanks: 22
Thanked 528 Times in 214 Posts
Rep Power: 2076
ArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond reputeArcherAce has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

@pcbeachbum no luck on the fog lights part number. It's not on the sticker on the back of them. I'll keep digging.
Reply With Quote
  #2142  
Old 10-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2005 4.0L LJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 163
Hi-Lander is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Getting tired of waiting on release of Gobi so I think I may go order a GCM JKU tomorrow. Does anyone know if the max tow package has different springs and shocks?
I know it comes with the 3.73 gear and hitch.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2143  
Old 10-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 85
Thanks: 6
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 210
LURCHHD is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

No different to my knowledge, I just got my 17 JKU today.
Reply With Quote
  #2144  
Old 10-05-2016, 03:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 114
Thanks: 13
Thanked 26 Times in 23 Posts
Rep Power: 275
Diogen is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl43 View Post
Sorry for all the replies but I just called jeep and if you wanted the chief blue it's available for order now. Code is the PQB. No pics to show but got that info. Thanks to Diogen for the phone #.
Did you specifically ask when the projected date is for inclusion in order banks?
Because that is not the answer I and others from WF got. We consistently got "November" or "late November." My call we even discussed build schedule, they said projected on order banks November, building December, delivery possibly mid December possibly early Jan due to holidays. The guy was pretty knowledgeable since he knew the opening of order dates and what that meant for build dates for other colors the past few years.

The email I got from a different department had the same info.

I would wait to check with a couple of dealers before being certain it is order banks now.
Reply With Quote
  #2145  
Old 10-05-2016, 06:02 AM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 8,308
Thanks: 55
Thanked 5,017 Times in 1,800 Posts
Rep Power: 2467130
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
@pcbeachbum no luck on the fog lights part number. It's not on the sticker on the back of them. I'll keep digging.
There are 5 different part numbers, some of which represent sets (L+R) and some that show different part numbers for L and R sides. I can sort through the info in the next day or to if there is interest. Some will be difficult to buy for awhile as parts are constrained this early on.

There is also a bracket listed, not sure if this would be required for a retro-fit. It's not clear if bulbs are included. A quick look shows that it could cost over $500 MSRP for lamps, bulbs and brackets. Some part numbers add up to less, not sure why.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milous For This Useful Post:
  #2146  
Old 10-05-2016, 06:19 AM
2011RitterGC's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 512
Thanks: 70
Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 2728
2011RitterGC is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
There are 5 different part numbers, some of which represent sets (L+R) and some that show different part numbers for L and R sides. I can sort through the info in the next day or to if there is interest. Some will be difficult to buy for awhile as parts are constrained this early on.

There is also a bracket listed, not sure if this would be required for a retro-fit. It's not clear if bulbs are included. A quick look shows that it could cost over $500 MSRP for lamps, bulbs and brackets. Some part numbers add up to less, not sure why.
I was doing some digging the other day and came across some MOPAR p/ns for the fog lights. I think the bracket may be to adapt them to a HR/10AS/75th style bumper.
__________________
2016 Granite 75th Anniversary Edition Sahara with Dark Saddle Leather
2011 GC Overland, Hemi
Reply With Quote
  #2147  
Old 10-05-2016, 08:13 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 387
Thanks: 98
Thanked 73 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 2050
a990dna is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl43 View Post
So this information was given to me incorrectly by the individual I called. Chief will not be available to order til December.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogen View Post
Did you specifically ask when the projected date is for inclusion in order banks?
Because that is not the answer I and others from WF got. We consistently got "November" or "late November." My call we even discussed build schedule, they said projected on order banks November, building December, delivery possibly mid December possibly early Jan due to holidays. The guy was pretty knowledgeable since he knew the opening of order dates and what that meant for build dates for other colors the past few years.

The email I got from a different department had the same info.

I would wait to check with a couple of dealers before being certain it is order banks now.
Cowgirl corrected her statement.... See above /\

.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2016 Wrangler RED ROCK - number 50/50
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 50A 4.0L HO - orig owner
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
Reply With Quote
  #2148  
Old 10-05-2016, 09:00 AM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 38
Thanked 288 Times in 224 Posts
Rep Power: 2442
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Lander View Post
Does anyone know if the max tow package has different springs and shocks?

No, it doesn't. The springs are based on the weight of your vehicle, factoring in all the options you chose (a hardtop makes a significant difference, for example). Shocks are dependent on the model you picked (Willys and Rubicons get the shocks of the Performance Suspension, for example).
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WaltA For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
wrangler, 2017

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.