2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 44 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #517  
Old 07-13-2016, 02:25 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 257
Getz is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbercruncher View Post
Are you calling this acid yellow or is this the name given to it as a concept car?

I hope the new yellow is nowhere near this bleached looking. Looks like a proper yellow that sat in the sun too long. Kinda like how Rock Lobster was to red.

NC
I called it that. I believe it was described as maize yellow. It was the only yellow I found in the concepts for the last couple of years. I doubt it has any relevance, but I wanted to be complete in offering guesses for each of the new colors.

I agree it is hideous.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #518  
Old 07-14-2016, 08:52 AM
SeaJay's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 745
Thanks: 89
Thanked 196 Times in 147 Posts
Rep Power: 1551
SeaJay is on a distinguished road
Took a look at a Plum Crazy Challenger... this color is back on the table for me. Along with Gobi, Chief and Acid (granted all unknown at this point)
But wow... this purple is killer in person.



dodge_challenger_sarasota_1910000449353468095.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 07-14-2016, 10:44 AM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,403
Thanks: 38
Thanked 288 Times in 224 Posts
Rep Power: 2435
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
Took a look at a Plum Crazy Challenger... this color is back on the table for me. Along with Gobi, Chief and Acid (granted all unknown at this point)
But wow... this purple is killer in person.
In Jeep land, its Xtreme Purple, and is indeed coming back for 2017 for more models that simply the Back Country.

Maybe a Wrangler pic would show it off better than a Challenger.

__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 07-14-2016, 11:04 AM
SeaJay's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 745
Thanks: 89
Thanked 196 Times in 147 Posts
Rep Power: 1551
SeaJay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post

In Jeep land, its Xtreme Purple, and is indeed coming back for 2017 for more models that simply the Back Country.

Maybe a Wrangler pic would show it off better than a Challenger.
Lol... true Walt. I guess I'm just going back to my muscle car days calling it Plum Crazy..
Here's a fun article re the paint colors of yore.

https://fourwheeldrift.wordpress.com...t-color-names/

Nice pic btw!
Reply With Quote
  #521  
Old 07-15-2016, 01:00 AM
OsoAlaskaJeep's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 381
Thanks: 254
Thanked 171 Times in 98 Posts
Rep Power: 1340
OsoAlaskaJeep is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbercruncher View Post
Are you calling this acid yellow or is this the name given to it as a concept car?

I hope the new yellow is nowhere near this bleached looking. Looks like a proper yellow that sat in the sun too long. Kinda like how Rock Lobster was to red.

NC
I went through the same thing with my Baja. Until I saw in person, no photograph really ever did it justice.

The closest I came to "seeing" it was cross referencing the color code on a Dodge Challenger.
__________________
I'm Jeepin it mad real...
2017 HR Rubicon Chief Blue (Anxiously Waiting)
2015 Rubicon Baja Yellow-sold
2013 Sahara Billet Silver-sold
2008 Sahara Rescue Green-sold
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 07-15-2016, 06:25 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 7
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 950
moparsandvettes is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
Took a look at a Plum Crazy Challenger... this color is back on the table for me. Along with Gobi, Chief and Acid (granted all unknown at this point)
But wow... this purple is killer in person.



Attachment 69908
I never thought about this before now but seeing that B5 blue Challenger next to the Plum Crazy, I wonder if Chief is just B5 blue with a different name.........
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 07-15-2016, 07:44 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 277
Thanks: 87
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 1085
Holly JR is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
Took a look at a Plum Crazy Challenger... this color is back on the table for me. Along with Gobi, Chief and Acid (granted all unknown at this point)
But wow... this purple is killer in person.



Attachment 69908

It is perfection.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 07-15-2016, 07:47 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 277
Thanks: 87
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 1085
Holly JR is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparsandvettes View Post
I never thought about this before now but seeing that B5 blue Challenger next to the Plum Crazy, I wonder if Chief is just B5 blue with a different name.........

I've seen that blue in person. I've always called it Hydro Blue. It's really close to Hydro.

XP HR...*silent tears streaming uncontrollably*


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 07-15-2016, 10:07 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1046
c-w3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly JR View Post

I've seen that blue in person. I've always called it Hydro Blue. It's really close to Hydro.

XP HR...*silent tears streaming uncontrollably*

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
You can always trade yours in...I drove a 2014 and put 30k miles on it in 2 years and only got 1500 less than I paid for it. I say go get that purple jeep! Plus it's the final year or JK...why not get one of the last.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to c-w3 For This Useful Post:
  #526  
Old 07-15-2016, 10:27 AM
SeaJay's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 745
Thanks: 89
Thanked 196 Times in 147 Posts
Rep Power: 1551
SeaJay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-w3 View Post

You can always trade yours in...I drove a 2014 and put 30k miles on it in 2 years and only got 1500 less than I paid for it. I say go get that purple jeep! Plus it's the final year or JK...why not get one of the last.
^x1000
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 07-15-2016, 10:30 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 277
Thanks: 87
Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 1085
Holly JR is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

I would...but I REALLY love Tankie. He's getting his lift and new tires next week. I almost have enough in my budget to buy it. I just need to figure out a way to not eat or need fuel and then I can get Professor Plum.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 07-15-2016, 11:27 AM
jlaskin's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 324
Thanks: 170
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 2184
jlaskin is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly JR View Post
I would...but I REALLY love Tankie. He's getting his lift and new tires next week. I almost have enough in my budget to buy it. I just need to figure out a way to not eat or need fuel and then I can get Professor Plum.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Which lift, tires and wheels did you decide on? I too am glued to our 2016 Tank Hard Rock and am still researching lift , tire and wheel combinations. Serious contender thus far are the Mopar 2 inch lift, BFG KO2 35/12.5/17 and on the fence between spacers for our existing Rubi rims vs. the new Mopar beadlocks. Glad to see our JKs are holding their value, I can't wait to see if the new JL (my initials no less is a worthy update contender for our beloved Jeeps!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler, 2017

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.