2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 81 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #961  
Old 08-14-2016, 03:55 PM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,329
Thanks: 35
Thanked 256 Times in 207 Posts
Rep Power: 2323
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlt245 View Post
I recently placed an order for a 2017 unlimited. This is my first time ordering a car to build and wondering what to expect.
The dealer sent me a copy of the priced order confirmation, the dealers name is listed under "sold to", and I haven's had to put down a deposit or sign anything. What has been other peoples experience?
A deposit is required if you ever want to make use of Chrysler's Price Protection. Without a deposit you (and the dealer) are subject to pay any price increases that occur between when the order is placed, and the vehicle is finally built/invoiced.

Also, my dealer had me sign a copy of the POC, to confirm that the order is exactly what I wanted.

__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #962  
Old 08-14-2016, 03:58 PM
SeaJay's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 722
Thanks: 89
Thanked 178 Times in 136 Posts
Rep Power: 1490
SeaJay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post

Optical illusions too.

The center square in the side facing upward, and the center square of the side facing forward, are actually the same color. If you think one's brown and the other orange, you're wrong.

Below, both A and B are the same color (R=G=B=137):
Ouch... that hurts my brain Walt!
Reply With Quote
  #963  
Old 08-14-2016, 04:04 PM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 8,186
Thanks: 52
Thanked 4,848 Times in 1,757 Posts
Rep Power: 2466933
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
A deposit is required if you ever want to make use of Chrysler's Price Protection. Without a deposit you (and the dealer) are subject to pay any price increases that occur between when the order is placed, and the vehicle is finally built/invoiced.
A deposit is not required for price protection...


Here are the requirements:

Price protection

Bona fide sold orders obtained by the dealer prior to (date of increase) will be price protected provided that:

- THE CUSTOMER NAME APPEARS ON THE FACTORY ORDER PRIOR TO SHIP DATE (KZ);

- The vehicle is delivered to the ordering customer within (10) calendar days after being received by the dealer (X date)

- The sale is reported to Chrysler Group LLC under the DealerCONNECT system within 2 calendar days of the sale.

Dealer must claim price protection by inserting the price protection program number on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when reporting the sale.

-Milous
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milous For This Useful Post:
  #964  
Old 08-14-2016, 05:05 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
cuda1337 is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton_Banks View Post
Placed order today:

Wrangler Unlimited Sport
24S Package
Hyper Green
Hard Top
Automatic

MSRP $34,485

Paid $31,442 OTD
Wow, that seems like a very good price. Where'd you get it? Best price I've got offered so far is $31,238 for same build for premium soft top instead of hard top, so a slightly lower MSRP.
Reply With Quote
  #965  
Old 08-14-2016, 06:53 PM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,329
Thanks: 35
Thanked 256 Times in 207 Posts
Rep Power: 2323
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
A deposit is not required for price protection...


Here are the requirements:

Price protection

Bona fide sold orders obtained by the dealer prior to (date of increase) will be price protected provided that:

- THE CUSTOMER NAME APPEARS ON THE FACTORY ORDER PRIOR TO SHIP DATE (KZ);

- The vehicle is delivered to the ordering customer within (10) calendar days after being received by the dealer (X date)

- The sale is reported to Chrysler Group LLC under the DealerCONNECT system within 2 calendar days of the sale.

Dealer must claim price protection by inserting the price protection program number on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when reporting the sale.

-Milous
This is what I have gone by for a while (though could be obsolete?):

Quote:
Price Protection

Price Protection is available on sold orders to protect the customer from price increases which occur between the vehicle order date and the KZ (invoice) date. A claim for Price Protection must meet the following criteria:

The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order which details the agreed upon selling price at the time of order and secured by a customer’s deposit with receipts at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order Confirmation Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from dealer stock orders not yet invoiced, and delivered to the original customer Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the dealership (KZX date) Must be delivered to the customer whose name is on the factory order and subsequent factory invoice at the documented agreed upon price at time of order
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
  #966  
Old 08-14-2016, 08:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 211
Carlton_Banks is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda1337 View Post
Wow, that seems like a very good price. Where'd you get it? Best price I've got offered so far is $31,238 for same build for premium soft top instead of hard top, so a slightly lower MSRP.
I received 10% off of MSRP so the selling price was $31,037 plus Doc and TTL. I do not have to pay sales taxes. In my state if you trade in a vehicle of equal or greater value the transaction does not constitute a sale so no taxes are charged. By obtaining vehicles in this way you save thousands. I received 10% off the MSRP plus avoided the 8.25% sales tax. The price I received is equal to someone purchasing the same vehicle for 18.25% off of MSRP.
Reply With Quote
  #967  
Old 08-14-2016, 08:50 PM
Trysh17's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 126
Thanks: 91
Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 261
Trysh17 is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Ok I have a question. Since colors was brought up earlier. Anvil... Gray? Am I color blind? My husband says it looks blue-ish to him.
__________________
(0|||||||0)
Reply With Quote
  #968  
Old 08-14-2016, 09:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 211
Carlton_Banks is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperfrog View Post
Ok I have a question. Since colors was brought up earlier. Anvil... Gray? Am I color blind? My husband says it looks blue-ish to him.
It's grey but has a blue hue to it for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #969  
Old 08-15-2016, 05:53 AM
OldMaster's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 83
Thanks: 22
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 989
OldMaster is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Hi,
Once upon a time when jeeps had square headlights...
I had one with light brown interior plastic trim...I never forgot it !

when I bought my 2014 jk
There was an option to have the interior trim all black
Or combined: upper black &lower light brown...
But I went all black with the envil.

Now, I hope to put my hands on a gobi (god knows when it will become available)
And I thought that the light brown plastics would fit the color theme...
It seems that this option is not available anymore, is it ?

Thank you
Rafi
Reply With Quote
  #970  
Old 08-15-2016, 06:53 AM
joeyo's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 201
Thanks: 22
Thanked 58 Times in 39 Posts
Rep Power: 2194
joeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMaster View Post
Hi,
Once upon a time when jeeps had square headlights...
I had one with light brown interior plastic trim...I never forgot it !

when I bought my 2014 jk
There was an option to have the interior trim all black
Or combined: upper black &lower light brown...
But I went all black with the envil.

Now, I hope to put my hands on a gobi (god knows when it will become available)
And I thought that the light brown plastics would fit the color theme...
It seems that this option is not available anymore, is it ?

Thank you
Rafi

Black/Dark Saddle interior is still available for 2017; it is only available in Sahara and Rubicon. Keep in mind that if ordered with cloth, the seats are black; if ordered with leather, the seats are dark saddle.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2014 JKU Sport S
2012 WK2 Limited
Reply With Quote
  #971  
Old 08-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 34
Thanks: 12
Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 165
Swadehead is on a distinguished road
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

I have my VON number. When I ordered my 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon a few years ago, I was able to track the order in VOTS. Is that still possible?


I really just want to make sure the order was placed properly with all the options I wanted.
Reply With Quote
  #972  
Old 08-15-2016, 09:58 AM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,329
Thanks: 35
Thanked 256 Times in 207 Posts
Rep Power: 2323
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
re: 2017 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadehead View Post
I have my VON number. When I ordered my 2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon a few years ago, I was able to track the order in VOTS. Is that still possible?
No.

The only real alternative, is to subscribe here.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WaltA For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
wrangler, 2017

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.