430N added to 2017 after - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-12-2016, 05:14 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 26
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 698
ExitLeft is on a distinguished road
430N added to 2017 after

Does anyone know for sure if the 430N is still plug and play for the 2017s? I currently have a 2015 JKU Willys Wheeler and NAV was not an available option so I added it after the fact. It was a simple plug and play affair; Pull out the 130 and replace with the 430N. No additional antenna needed. Uconnect and Sirius still worked.

Now, I've ordered a 2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock and did not want to pay the inflated price for the 430N option so I chose the 130. I plan on pulling the 430N out of the '15 JKUWW before trading it in and then popping it into the Hard Rock when it arrives.

I'm thinking it will work without issue and I'm probably worried about nothing. the 430N I have originally came from a 2015 Rubicon.

Has anyone successfully swapped a 430N into a 2017 yet?

__________________
2015 Firecracker Red Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys Wheeler
eagerly awaiting my ordered 2017 Rhino Rubicon HardRock
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 97
Thanks: 31
Thanked 31 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 301
DocTanner is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N added to 2017 after

As far as I'm aware, there are no actual changes between the 2015 and 2017 JKs, with the exception of the LED lights being added.

However, there are two catches:

First: you need to already have Uconnect and Sirus via the connectivity package. That's how you'll get your wheel controls and sat antenna. (If this comes standard in the RHR, then disregard. I can't remember when it's standard and when it's not.)

Second: I believe that the radio locks itself to the vehicle when it's installed. You will likely need a Jeep tech from your dealer to reset and disconnect it before you can remove it. If this is the case, I bet you can negotiate that as part of the sale of your new one.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 26
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 698
ExitLeft is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N added to 2017 after

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocTanner View Post
As far as I'm aware, there are no actual changes between the 2015 and 2017 JKs, with the exception of the LED lights being added.

However, there are two catches:

First: you need to already have Uconnect and Sirus via the connectivity package. That's how you'll get your wheel controls and sat antenna. (If this comes standard in the RHR, then disregard. I can't remember when it's standard and when it's not.)

Second: I believe that the radio locks itself to the vehicle when it's installed. You will likely need a Jeep tech from your dealer to reset and disconnect it before you can remove it. If this is the case, I bet you can negotiate that as part of the sale of your new one.
Thanks Doc. Yes, Sirius and Uconnect are standard on the RHR. So it should all be easy plug and play.
And yes, the radio/nav is "locked" to the VIN of the vehicle it originally came with, but I was given the security code when I bought it and put it in the WW; so I'm good to go in that regard. I'm thinking there were no changes also, but you never know what they sneak in on a new model year.
Thanks for repying
__________________
2015 Firecracker Red Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys Wheeler
eagerly awaiting my ordered 2017 Rhino Rubicon HardRock
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 97
Thanks: 31
Thanked 31 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 301
DocTanner is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N added to 2017 after

I think the security code is for the vehicle, not the radio itself. But I could be wrong about that. Something you might want to look into.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 26
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 698
ExitLeft is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N added to 2017 after

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocTanner View Post
I think the security code is for the vehicle, not the radio itself. But I could be wrong about that. Something you might want to look into.
The code is definitely for the radio. I had to key it into the radio the first time I turned it on after installing it in my '15. The seller of the radio gave the code. He didn't know about it at first so didn't supply it to me at the time of the sale. Only after I installed it, did we both realize I needed a 4 digit security code to have the radio work in my Jeep. The seller had to go to his dealer with his VIN to retrieve the code. I keyed it in and it worked perfectly. I expect it would be the same on the 2017, but again, haven't read about anyone doing it yet.
__________________
2015 Firecracker Red Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys Wheeler
eagerly awaiting my ordered 2017 Rhino Rubicon HardRock
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2016, 06:46 PM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,468
Thanks: 48
Thanked 334 Times in 251 Posts
Rep Power: 2540
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 430N added to 2017 after

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExitLeft View Post
No additional antenna needed. Uconnect and Sirius still worked.
I am surprised that you had the Sirius/XM and GPS antennas with the 130. Are you sure you didn't have a 130S, though that might have only ensured that the Sirius antenna was there.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 26
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 698
ExitLeft is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N added to 2017 after

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
I am surprised that you had the Sirius/XM and GPS antennas with the 130. Are you sure you didn't have a 130S, though that might have only ensured that the Sirius antenna was there.
Yes, my mistake. My JKUWW had the 130S not the plain 130. I have the connectivity group and had Sirius and Uconnect from the start. I simply swapped head units and everything worked without issue. I'm hoping for the same with the '17 when it gets here
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 97
Thanks: 31
Thanked 31 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 301
DocTanner is on a distinguished road
Re: 430N added to 2017 after

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExitLeft View Post
The code is definitely for the radio. I had to key it into the radio the first time I turned it on after installing it in my '15. The seller of the radio gave the code. He didn't know about it at first so didn't supply it to me at the time of the sale. Only after I installed it, did we both realize I needed a 4 digit security code to have the radio work in my Jeep. The seller had to go to his dealer with his VIN to retrieve the code. I keyed it in and it worked perfectly. I expect it would be the same on the 2017, but again, haven't read about anyone doing it yet.
Ah, excellent. Thanks for the correction.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:10 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Tfro is on a distinguished road
Looking for some advice. I ordered my 2017 Wrangler unlimited Sahara from the factory and picked it up in November. I bought the connectivity package with Sirius and nav antenna but opted for the 130 radio. I bought a never used 430N RHB with rear camera off CL taken out of a 2016 Wrangler. Installed it myself using the CODE provided by the seller. It was pretty straight forward plug and play. The radio, nav, Siri and backup camera work perfectly. The problem is the UConnect keeps dropping off my iPhone 6. If I go through the voice prompt SELECT PHONE every time I can use blue tooth and play music uninterrupted but as soon as I turn the vehicle off then back on it won't connect to uconnect without dropping every 10-15 seconds. I have tried soft reset of the phone and radio settings then reconnected to Bluetooth but no luck. The dealership has no solution for me . It just sucks having to go through that voice prompt to connect the phone to blue tooth every time I get in the jeep. Please help me. Is there some type of code or update the dealer can do? Is it the iPhone 6? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:48 AM
bbqpork's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2017 JK
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 944
Thanks: 37
Thanked 538 Times in 382 Posts
Rep Power: 1233
bbqpork has a reputation beyond reputebbqpork has a reputation beyond reputebbqpork has a reputation beyond reputebbqpork has a reputation beyond reputebbqpork has a reputation beyond reputebbqpork has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 430N added to 2017 after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfro View Post
Looking for some advice. I ordered my 2017 Wrangler unlimited Sahara from the factory and picked it up in November. I bought the connectivity package with Sirius and nav antenna but opted for the 130 radio. I bought a never used 430N RHB with rear camera off CL taken out of a 2016 Wrangler. Installed it myself using the CODE provided by the seller. It was pretty straight forward plug and play. The radio, nav, Siri and backup camera work perfectly. The problem is the UConnect keeps dropping off my iPhone 6. If I go through the voice prompt SELECT PHONE every time I can use blue tooth and play music uninterrupted but as soon as I turn the vehicle off then back on it won't connect to uconnect without dropping every 10-15 seconds. I have tried soft reset of the phone and radio settings then reconnected to Bluetooth but no luck. The dealership has no solution for me . It just sucks having to go through that voice prompt to connect the phone to blue tooth every time I get in the jeep. Please help me. Is there some type of code or update the dealer can do? Is it the iPhone 6? Thanks in advance
It's been reported by others that the iPhone with the 430N is flakey, I have a 6S and find that it connects each time okay with no dropping out.

Also the version of software on the 430N can be older or different than what many others have. Can you post what version the radio is at? Might need an update etc.
__________________
1995 Jeep GC (Sold)
2013 JKU Rubicon (Sold)
2015 GC Limited (Sold)
2017 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:18 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Tfro is on a distinguished road
Thank you, but how would I find out what version software I have on the 430N currently?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:31 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Tfro is on a distinguished road
I looked at the system information on the 430N and the application is 60.00.03
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2017

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gave up waiting for MY 2017 Car Play and Bought a 2017 Summit Today mswlogo Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 48 09-07-2016 04:25 PM
430N (RHB) problems after engine shutdown BikerBill7 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 0 06-19-2012 03:08 PM
Possible problem after upgrade on 430n computerwiz621 Audio/Visual/Navigation 12 01-23-2012 01:49 PM
Can 430N be replaced with 730N after delivery? rb3wreath Audio/Visual/Navigation 2 05-25-2011 07:54 PM
Adaptive Cruise Control - Can it be added on after purchase abq.jeep Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 2 04-22-2011 08:19 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.