I installed a back up camera to my 2014 with the 430 RBZ. Total cost was less than 100 bucks. Parts were $40.15 and the dealer charged 1/2 hour labor (47.50) to flash the Jeep. I installed the Camera into the rear bumper and ran the wires into the Jeep through a rubber plug where the jack is. The camera is wired to the backup light circuit to power it. The harness is inside the Jeep, on right side. The video retention cable plugs into the back of the radio, the coupler attaches to the retention cable and camera. The camera has plenty of wire to reach the front.
Then I went to my local dealer and handed them these instructions to add the sales code to my Jeep. Copy, paste and print these instructions and take them with you to the dealer.
PARK VIEW REAR BACK-UP CAMERA VEHICLE CONFIGURATION
Vehicle VIN must be updated with the sales code of the added accessory in order to enable system functionality.
Using the DealerCONNECT website and the StarSCAN diagonstic tool, complete the procedure below:
1. Log on to https://dealerconnect.chrysler.com
2. In the “Vehicle Option” screen under the “Global Claims System” category in the “Service” tab, enter the vehicle VIN
and add the sales code XAC (Park View Rear Back-Up Camera) as a “Dealer Installed Option”.
3. Confirm that the new sales code has been successfully added to the VIN.
With the StarSCAN diagnostic tool connected to both the internet (via Ethernet port or wireless connection) and the
vehicle, follow the steps below:
4. Using the StarScan select the VEHICLE PREPARATION and then select RESTORE VEHICLE CONFIGURATION.
5. Follow the step by step instructions on the StarSCAN to complete the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera vehicle
6. When the Park View Rear Back-Up Camera Vehicle Con?guration is complete, go to the Validation Process to
verify that the vehicle has been updated.
From the “Initial Start Up” screen on the StarSCAN follow the steps below:
1. Using the StarSCAN follow the menu to ECU VIEW, select TIPMCGW CENTRAL GATEWAY, MORE OPTIONS,
ECU DETAILS and then CONFIG INFO
2. Verify REAR CAMERA PRESET- - - -SET is present.