Mohave Sand 😎 - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 11-24-2015, 04:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 58
Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 994
Browndog is on a distinguished road
Re: Mohave Sand 😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by a990dna View Post
Mojave Sand / Tan Top will be released at the same time as the 75th Anniversary package. Will it be available as a Hard Rock with 75th Anniversary Package ? Good question.


See Donlen link for production release dates.

Chrysler Trucks (Production Updates) - Donlen Corporation

.
The tan soft top along with the Mohave Sand body color would probably force me into the dual top option .

I'm thinking as popular as Sahara Tan was a couple of years back that the 75th anniversary will be built off of the Mohave Tan with the added touch of the tan soft top option. all just guesses of course.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Browndog For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 11-24-2015, 08:38 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 384
Thanks: 96
Thanked 73 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 2042
a990dna is on a distinguished road
Re: Mohave Sand 😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
Looking at that link, interesting to see that HyperGreen is set for a 5/02/16 production date. Looks like the 2016 HyperGreens will hit the lots about the same time the 2017s start rolling in.
How's that? The 2016 MY buildout will go beyond May 30.... this green will only cover so many vehicles and that will be determined based on the QTY batch that's procured.

The 2016 MY production didn't start until September 2015... if history repeats itself that could happen again with a much shorter production buildout for the 2017 MY.

They need to convert the lines for 2018 MY startup..

Chrysler Trucks (Build Out Final Order Start Up Dates) - Donlen Corporation

.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2016 Wrangler RED ROCK - number 50/50
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 50A 4.0L HO - orig owner
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-24-2015, 08:50 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 384
Thanks: 96
Thanked 73 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 2042
a990dna is on a distinguished road
Re: Mohave Sand 😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
The tan soft top along with the Mohave Sand body color would probably force me into the dual top option .

I'm thinking as popular as Sahara Tan was a couple of years back that the 75th anniversary will be built off of the Mohave Tan with the added touch of the tan soft top option. all just guesses of course.
Mojave Sand is a grandma racer sleeper color. Now imagine this... Mojave Sand with Katzkin Tuscany Amoretto leather seats, topped with body color tan hard and soft tops.

I'll be prepared whatever emerges..

.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2016 Wrangler RED ROCK - number 50/50
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 50A 4.0L HO - orig owner
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to a990dna For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 11-24-2015, 11:10 PM
SeaJay's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 745
Thanks: 89
Thanked 196 Times in 147 Posts
Rep Power: 1550
SeaJay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by a990dna View Post

How's that? The 2016 MY buildout will go beyond May 30.... this green will only cover so many vehicles and that will be determined based on the QTY batch that's procured.

The 2016 MY production didn't start until September 2015... if history repeats itself that could happen again with a much shorter production buildout for the 2017 MY.

They need to convert the lines for 2018 MY startup..

Chrysler Trucks (Build Out Final Order Start Up Dates) - Donlen Corporation

.
I'm aware of all that dude. I was being a bit tongue in cheek there.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-25-2015, 07:18 AM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,403
Thanks: 38
Thanked 288 Times in 224 Posts
Rep Power: 2434
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Mohave Sand ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by a990dna View Post
How's that? The 2016 MY buildout will go beyond May 30.... this green will only cover so many vehicles and that will be determined based on the QTY batch that's procured.

The 2016 MY production didn't start until September 2015... if history repeats itself that could happen again with a much shorter production buildout for the 2017 MY.

They need to convert the lines for 2018 MY startup..

Chrysler Trucks (Build Out Final Order Start Up Dates) - Donlen Corporation
The late start of the 2016 MY for the Wrangler was due to FCA trying to get the "new" engine into the Wrangler. If you look at that link, you'll see that the GC is having a delayed 2016 MY due to the engine; all the way until 12/23/15. FCA gave up with the "new" engine for the Wrangler, and that's when the 2016 MY start was pulled back in from the end of November 2015, and to the start of September 2015.

I am not as sure as you that "history will repeat itself" and the 2017 will also start late to its MY. I am also not sure that the new redesigned Wrangler will be on schedule (not that I know anything, but most new designs end up being later than guessed at in the press).
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-25-2015, 06:15 PM
SeaJay's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 745
Thanks: 89
Thanked 196 Times in 147 Posts
Rep Power: 1550
SeaJay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post

The late start of the 2016 MY for the Wrangler was due to FCA trying to get the "new" engine into the Wrangler. If you look at that link, you'll see that the GC is having a delayed 2016 MY due to the engine; all the way until 12/23/15. FCA gave up with the "new" engine for the Wrangler, and that's when the 2016 MY start was pulled back in from the end of November 2015, and to the start of September 2015.
Makes you wonder if the 2017, and what is supposedly the last year of the JK, will have the direct injection motor. Will FCA make such a move being so close to a new model launch?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-25-2015, 07:10 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 384
Thanks: 96
Thanked 73 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 2042
a990dna is on a distinguished road
Re: Mohave Sand 😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJay View Post
Makes you wonder if the 2017, and what is supposedly the last year of the JK, will have the direct injection motor. Will FCA make such a move being so close to a new model launch?
No dude... don't you read the news?

PUG —*the Pentastar V6 engine upgrade

.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2016 Wrangler RED ROCK - number 50/50
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 50A 4.0L HO - orig owner
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-25-2015, 07:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 58
Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 994
Browndog is on a distinguished road
Re: Mohave Sand 😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by a990dna View Post
No dude... don't you read the news?

PUG €”*the Pentastar V6 engine upgrade

.
I'm dieing here, I wish we could get some news on the 75th anniversary Edition on a Mohave Sand JKU or just some news on the 75th period. Not much out there that I can find.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 384
Thanks: 96
Thanked 73 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 2042
a990dna is on a distinguished road
Re: Mohave Sand 😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
I'm dieing here, I wish we could get some news on the 75th anniversary Edition on a Mohave Sand JKU or just some news on the 75th period. Not much out there that I can find.
I'll ask the fleet manager where I purchase my Jeeps. He may be able to find out when the order banks open for the 75th.

.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-25-2015, 10:53 PM
SeaJay's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 745
Thanks: 89
Thanked 196 Times in 147 Posts
Rep Power: 1550
SeaJay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by a990dna View Post

No dude... don't you read the news?

PUG €”*the Pentastar V6 engine upgrade

.
Lol.... thanks, um.... dude?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-25-2015, 11:02 PM
SilverBillet's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,947
Thanks: 2
Thanked 438 Times in 298 Posts
Rep Power: 32545
SilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Mohave Sand 😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by a990dna View Post
I'll ask the fleet manager where I purchase my Jeeps. He may be able to find out when the order banks open for the 75th.

.
2016 Jeep Wrangler
16-20 (A)
Initial production is scheduled to begin:
Backcountry package (AEG) 11/02/15
Black Bear package (ADN)09/04/15
Freedom Edition package (ADM)11/02/15
Jeep 75th Anniversary Package (AGM) 01/25/16
Premium Tan Sunrider Soft Top (MYY) 01/25/16
Tank C/C (PGK) 09/01/15
Hypergreen Clear coat (PJK) 05/02/16
TMojave Sand Clear Coat (PTA) 02/01/16
Rhino Clear Coat (PSQ) 12/14/15
Sarge Green (PGG) 01/25/16
Extreme Purple Pearl Coat
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-25-2015, 11:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 58
Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 994
Browndog is on a distinguished road
Re: Mohave Sand 😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFSTEEL View Post
2016 Jeep Wrangler
16-20 (A)
Initial production is scheduled to begin:
Backcountry package (AEG) 11/02/15
Black Bear package (ADN)09/04/15
Freedom Edition package (ADM)11/02/15
Jeep 75th Anniversary Package (AGM) 01/25/16
Premium Tan Sunrider Soft Top (MYY) 01/25/16
Tank C/C (PGK) 09/01/15
Hypergreen Clear coat (PJK) 05/02/16
TMojave Sand Clear Coat (PTA) 02/01/16
Rhino Clear Coat (PSQ) 12/14/15
Sarge Green (PGG) 01/25/16
Extreme Purple Pearl Coat
That says production starts 1/25/16, so the question is when do the 75th orders open December or January? I am going down to my dealer this weekend to talk to them, I don't want to miss ordering a 75th! That is if it doesn't look like the Dragon Edition and Mohave Sand is available 7 days later so I'm hopeing
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sand Driving Impressions - 5.7 Overland Dunecrawler Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 20 12-07-2010 12:04 AM
WK2 compared to WK in the sand? Dunecrawler Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 6 08-29-2010 10:44 PM
08 limited in the sand dubwarren Grand Cherokee - WK 7 08-22-2010 02:36 PM
2010 Larado AWD (3.7L) driving on beach sand rdlarado10 Grand Cherokee - WK 20 07-26-2010 01:33 PM
New from NJ - Land of soft, deep sand beaches BobSgt New Members - Welcome! 12 07-11-2010 09:27 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.