Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub? - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-08-2014, 09:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1955
bsebesta is on a distinguished road
Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

For those who already have their 2015s with the sub in the floor... has anyone put a rubber cargo mat down? I haven't seen one with a cutout for the sub, which may in fact make it pretty pointless anyway. Just wondering if there is any vibration or distortion when placing a full cargo mat over the sub.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 6
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 986
4xfour is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

I was kind of wondering about this too.
__________________
2014 GC
2016 JKHR
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4xfour For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 09-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 122
Thanks: 82
Thanked 56 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 1039
TroutDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeTroutDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

I bought the Mopar slush mat for the rear cargo area off Amazon (the one without the cut-out for the sub).

I have had it covering my 2015 sub for a couple of weeks now and haven't noticed any negative sound impacts as far as distortion, etc. I'm not sound system expert, but I don't think it affects it one bit.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-21-2014, 03:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1955
bsebesta is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

Thanks for the update


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 JK
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 54
Thanks: 41
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 912
deankrug is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsebesta View Post
For those who already have their 2015s with the sub in the floor... has anyone put a rubber cargo mat down? I haven't seen one with a cutout for the sub, which may in fact make it pretty pointless anyway. Just wondering if there is any vibration or distortion when placing a full cargo mat over the sub.

The Hard Rock Rubicon comes with a reversible rear cargo mat, carpet on one side rubber on the other.
Unless you want the sub covered it's a good option.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-22-2014, 07:40 AM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,311
Thanks: 34
Thanked 250 Times in 204 Posts
Rep Power: 2297
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankrug View Post
The Hard Rock Rubicon comes with a reversible rear cargo mat, carpet on one side rubber on the other.
Unless you want the sub covered it's a good option.
But it doesn't match the "tire tread" mats in the front.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-22-2014, 11:43 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
roofio is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

For 2015s, are the Mopar slush mats Rubber on top bc I definitely dont have them? I know this sounds like a dumb question but I think I got gypped and will l need to go back to the dealer. When I test drove the jeep i was buying there were no "floor" mats (covered by the new car paper) and then when I was leaving I asked why there were no mats and they apologized and put them in. I completely forgot I paid for slush mats dealing with getting the floor mats installed.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-22-2014, 03:54 PM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,311
Thanks: 34
Thanked 250 Times in 204 Posts
Rep Power: 2297
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofio View Post
For 2015s, are the Mopar slush mats Rubber on top bc I definitely dont have them?
If you have the slush mat option, they are "rubber" and have a tire tread design. These replace the carpeted ones. You don't ever get both.

The slush mats are also only for were your feet go. So, the slush mat for the cargo area doesn't come from the factory even if you have the slush mat option. If you want the slush mat for the cargo area, you have to order it from the parts dept (or the equivalent online).
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 970
soldier82boy has a reputation beyond reputesoldier82boy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

Cargo area slush mat came with the rubicon hard rock unlimited. At least when I took delivery it was installed. Cargo area slush mat is rubber "tire tread" on one side and carpet on the other. There is a cut out for the sub in the cargo mat.



Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soldier82boy For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 09-23-2014, 02:14 PM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,311
Thanks: 34
Thanked 250 Times in 204 Posts
Rep Power: 2297
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier82boy View Post
Cargo area slush mat came with the rubicon hard rock unlimited. At least when I took delivery it was installed. Cargo area slush mat is rubber "tire tread" on one side and carpet on the other. There is a cut out for the sub in the cargo mat.
Wow, that's cool to know. None of the early pics showed such. The reversible cargo mat on my RX is carpet on the one side, and plain rubber (no "tire tread") on the reverse side.

Now I have to wonder if the reverse side is "tire tread" for all '15 models?
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 122
Thanks: 82
Thanked 56 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 1039
TroutDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeTroutDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
Wow, that's cool to know. None of the early pics showed such. The reversible cargo mat on my RX is carpet on the one side, and plain rubber (no "tire tread") on the reverse side.

Now I have to wonder if the reverse side is "tire tread" for all '15 models?
the mat that came in my 2015 was carpet on one side and tire tread on the other, with the cut-out. it is no where near as thick and robust with the tire tread as the slush mats in the front and rear seats. it is a thinner mat with very light tread patterns. I went ahead and ordered a cargo mat that matched the tall tire tread as the seat floor mats.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Astylz's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 97
Thanks: 48
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 961
Astylz is on a distinguished road
Re: Rear Cargo Mat for 2015 w/ sub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDaddy View Post
the mat that came in my 2015 was carpet on one side and tire tread on the other, with the cut-out. it is no where near as thick and robust with the tire tread as the slush mats in the front and rear seats. it is a thinner mat with very light tread patterns. I went ahead and ordered a cargo mat that matched the tall tire tread as the seat floor mats.

Ditto.. I did the same!


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best JGC WK2 Rear Cargo Mat tigerpaw75 Member Product Reviews 4 07-25-2013 05:00 PM
OFFICIAL GROUP BUY THREAD: MOPAR Tow Hooks, Front/Rear Slush Mats & Cargo Mat mhassler Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 53 02-19-2011 07:31 PM
New 20011 GC Cargo Slush Mat! Scorelow Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 11-19-2010 06:48 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.