Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed! - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 01-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 499
FirstJeepNW is on a distinguished road
Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

Hello friends! I'm looking forward to joining many of you in Wrangler ownership soon. I negotiated a deal over email, went in to confirm the order today, and hit a roadblock with my chosen color. The dealer's system did not list Rhino as an option for the Hard Rock trim.

I'm nearly certain I've seen other people successfully order this combination in several threads. Anyone have any idea why this might be? Does it have to do with that dealer "allocation" issue I've seen referenced?

Any insights for this newbie would be greatly appreciated. I agonized over color, and while I like GCM, a Rhino Hard Rock is what I decided on and want to order.

Thanks all-

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Davie, FL
Posts: 40
Thanks: 7
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 570
Tommy13 is on a distinguished road
Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

I was in the same boat as you. Wanted a 4 dr hard rock in rhino. It never happened. I started in early December and checked almost every day for a month to see if it was available. It was available on the 2dr only. Looks like It must have been available for a short time and I just missed it. There is a member on here that has one in transit according to the build tracking thread. If you can hold out on ordering, it may become available again, but no one (including Jeep) knows if or when.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy13 For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 01-27-2016, 07:57 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 499
FirstJeepNW is on a distinguished road
Re: Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy13 View Post
I was in the same boat as you. Wanted a 4 dr hard rock in rhino. It never happened. I started in early December and checked almost every day for a month to see if it was available. It was available on the 2dr only. Looks like It must have been available for a short time and I just missed it. There is a member on here that has one in transit according to the build tracking thread. If you can hold out on ordering, it may become available again, but no one (including Jeep) knows if or when.
Thanks Tommy13! I really appreciate the response and feedback.

I've been digging through threads on here and found a picture of one, so I know they exist... I have a hard time believing that they won't become available again since Rhino is such a new color. I'm just going to have to bug the hell out of the order guy at my dealer - he made the mistake of giving me his email address.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-27-2016, 08:00 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 499
FirstJeepNW is on a distinguished road
Re: Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

Also I have to add that these color issues are mind-boggling. The whole point of custom ordering is to get exactly (or nearly) what you want.

My dad worked in car sales for a long time, and would come home and joke about the people shopping for used cars who wanted something very specific. He would offer to call the "used car factory" for them. But when it comes to new cars we really should have more options, and I'm a little frustrated with Jeep today.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-28-2016, 05:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 279
Thanks: 5
Thanked 58 Times in 40 Posts
Rep Power: 732
sportcoupe is on a distinguished road
Re: Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

I wanted a 4 door hard rock in mojave sand, not available. Mojave sand was available in the 2 door hard rock.

I ended up ordering a 4 door rubicon in mojave sand and added every hard rock option I could. FCA and jeep amaze me in their restrictions.
__________________
(2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Mojave Sand)
Date ordered: 01/18/2016
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2016, 08:06 AM
WaltA's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 38
Thanked 288 Times in 224 Posts
Rep Power: 2442
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstJeepNW View Post
I've been digging through threads on here and found a picture of one, so I know they exist... I have a hard time believing that they won't become available again since Rhino is such a new color. I'm just going to have to bug the hell out of the order guy at my dealer - he made the mistake of giving me his email address.
I wanted my Rubicon X (aka Hard Rock) in Copperhead. It was available on the regular Rubicons, but not the X. We all here attempted to rationalize it that some "designer" thought the red accents clashed with the orange (Copperhead) color????

Six months later, Jeep allowed Rubicon X's to be ordered in Copperhead, but open such for ordering for like only one week and then shut it down again.

Jeep does indeed have some strangle rules on paint colors, and they make arbitrary changes without notice.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 325
JayBird78 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

I was in the same boat, waiting for a month to order a Hard Rock in Rhino. Was about ready to buy a fully-loaded Rubicon 300 miles away and buy the power dome hood and bumpers after market to make it look like a HR.

Well, patience paid off! I was able to order a 4-door Hard Rock in Rhino on Friday (3/11). Woo hoo!! Now, just gotta wait 6-8 weeks to see it.

If anyone has a photo of an actual 4-door HR in rhino, please post. I scoured the internet and could only find 1 2-door HR in rhino.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 499
FirstJeepNW is on a distinguished road
Re: Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBird78 View Post
I was in the same boat, waiting for a month to order a Hard Rock in Rhino. Was about ready to buy a fully-loaded Rubicon 300 miles away and buy the power dome hood and bumpers after market to make it look like a HR.

Well, patience paid off! I was able to order a 4-door Hard Rock in Rhino on Friday (3/11). Woo hoo!! Now, just gotta wait 6-8 weeks to see it.

If anyone has a photo of an actual 4-door HR in rhino, please post. I scoured the internet and could only find 1 2-door HR in rhino.
How cool - congrats!

May I ask the dealer you ordered from? I'm still trying to track one down!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-12-2016, 06:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 329
AndyWentJKUR is on a distinguished road
Re: Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

I'm in VA and they have a Rhino HR on the lot here, I'll try to swing by and take a picture of it in my travels if you still want one. The color is great! I just ordered a JKUR in Rhino. I was set on Granite until I saw the Rhino in person!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 325
JayBird78 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWentJKUR View Post
I'm in VA and they have a Rhino HR on the lot here, I'll try to swing by and take a picture of it in my travels if you still want one. The color is great! I just ordered a JKUR in Rhino. I was set on Granite until I saw the Rhino in person!

Andy, that would be so awesome if you could snap a photo of the 4-dr Hard Rock in Rhino that you saw. Thanks in advance if you're able to make that happen.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-12-2016, 06:24 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 325
JayBird78 is on a distinguished road
Re: Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstJeepNW View Post
How cool - congrats!

May I ask the dealer you ordered from? I'm still trying to track one down!
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and we have like 12 dealers within 75 miles. The one who had the most wranglers and knew the most was Fremont Jeep in Fremont, California. That's about 40min. from where I live in Marin County.
The Fremont dealer has been working with me for weeks, so they instantly notified me late Thursday that the HR in rhino was available to order.

If you're looking for a fully-loaded Rubicon in Rhino, San Diego Jeep has one on the lot (minus the soft top), and they're willing to have it shipped to buyer. I was about to buy that one before I found out about the HR becoming available. That Rubicon in Rhino is at Rancho Jeep in San Diego.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-12-2016, 06:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 329
AndyWentJKUR is on a distinguished road
Re: Rubicon Hard Rock in Rhino? Help needed!

Hopefully this doesn't violate terms but if you want to see the Rhino HR Google Whitten Brothers Jeep Richmond VA and find the one on Midlothian Turnpike. If you search their new inventory you should find like 26 pics of it! I'll try to stop by and take some tomorrow! Like I said I was SET on that color, you really have to see it in person even pics don't do it justice.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rubicon

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock Lifted :: 2016 Jeep Rubicon KoonsDCGroupBuy Member Garage Discussions 0 01-09-2016 12:03 PM
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock f1rst1 Member Garage Discussions 1 03-16-2015 07:39 AM
Hard Rock Rubicon - Canada Thread RacecarBMW Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK 0 09-29-2014 07:00 PM
New member 2015 JK Rubicon Hard Rock maragones New Members - Welcome! 4 09-19-2014 01:54 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.