Sunset Orange - Page 17 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #193  
Old 11-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 1995 2.5L YJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 69
Thanks: 10
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 888
muddygirl71 is on a distinguished road
Re: Sunset Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax2A View Post
Apparently SO really messes with camera sensors or SO Jeeps just won't let you accurately photograph them to keep you from stealing their soul. This pic blows my mind, Attachment 48802I don't know what happened but this is not the color of my Jeep!

What you are looking at are four different orange seat cover swatches on the hood of my Jeep... The yellow square is actually Blaze Orange!
Crazy how in accurate this pic is!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
this will start all the PINK hype up again!!

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #194  
Old 11-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 21
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 904
River Hill is on a distinguished road
Re: Sunset Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax2A View Post
Apparently SO really messes with camera sensors or SO Jeeps just won't let you accurately photograph them to keep you from stealing their soul. This pic blows my mind, Attachment 48802I don't know what happened but this is not the color of my Jeep!

What you are looking at are four different orange seat cover swatches on the hood of my Jeep... The yellow square is actually Blaze Orange!
Crazy how in accurate this pic is!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Are you sure the yellow square is not a Post-it Note?
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 11-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Jax2A's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Middle of Ohio
Posts: 200
Thanks: 65
Thanked 63 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 1106
Jax2A is on a distinguished road
Re: Sunset Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Hill View Post
Are you sure the yellow square is not a Post-it Note?

Definitely not... I really debated whether or not I should have posted this... But I thought the yellow interpretation of Blaze Orange would show just how far off the pics can be.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
My Jeep: 2015 Sunset Orange Wrangler Sport
Previous Jeeps: 2002 Liberty, 1946 CJ2A, 1979 CJ7 & 1975 CJ5
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 11-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Jax2A's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Middle of Ohio
Posts: 200
Thanks: 65
Thanked 63 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 1106
Jax2A is on a distinguished road
Re: Sunset Orange

Another pic for you... This time beside a Hemi Orange Challenger. Notice how many shades are shown on the Challenger due to lighting, shadows and angles. Plus the Challenger has some age on its paint and was dirty. All this makes it harder to seer that my brand new clean paint is the same. But if you compare carefully you can se it:ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1415749188.143108.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
My Jeep: 2015 Sunset Orange Wrangler Sport
Previous Jeeps: 2002 Liberty, 1946 CJ2A, 1979 CJ7 & 1975 CJ5
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jax2A For This Useful Post:
  #197  
Old 11-11-2014, 06:55 PM
MDBones's Avatar
OVERLAND HIGH ALTITUDE
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin's West Coast
Posts: 3,592
Thanks: 630
Thanked 613 Times in 503 Posts
Rep Power: 10618
MDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Sunset Orange

That's why you can never trust a color swatch... whether in print, in a photo or on a computer monitor. There's no substitute for looking at a color on a vehicle in person.

For as long as Jax has wanted and waited for this particular color, he's happy with it. That's what matters most. Hopefully, the rest of you that ordered sunset orange will be equally as happy with it.

It looks good to me... even though it's STILL sportin' bird poop on the bumper.
__________________
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/54562-albums357-picture4289.png
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 11-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Jax2A's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Middle of Ohio
Posts: 200
Thanks: 65
Thanked 63 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 1106
Jax2A is on a distinguished road
Re: Sunset Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBones View Post
That's why you can never trust a color swatch... whether in print, in a photo or on a computer monitor. There's no substitute for looking at a color on a vehicle in person.

For as long as Jax has wanted and waited for this particular color, he's happy with it. That's what matters most. Hopefully, the rest of you that ordered sunset orange will be equally as happy with it.

It looks good to me... even though it's STILL sportin' bird poop on the bumper.

Dang it! You just shamed me into going out in the rain and washing it off!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
My Jeep: 2015 Sunset Orange Wrangler Sport
Previous Jeeps: 2002 Liberty, 1946 CJ2A, 1979 CJ7 & 1975 CJ5
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jax2A For This Useful Post:
  #199  
Old 11-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 58
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 901
Geep2015 is on a distinguished road
Re: Sunset Orange

Isn't Google images great!

This is what I get when I Google images "Sunset Orange"

Lots of pretty sunsets....

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=sunset+orange

This is what I get when I Google images Copper Brown!


Lots of beautiful women.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...q=copper+brown

So which color would you choose?
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 11-11-2014, 07:52 PM
MDBones's Avatar
OVERLAND HIGH ALTITUDE
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin's West Coast
Posts: 3,592
Thanks: 630
Thanked 613 Times in 503 Posts
Rep Power: 10618
MDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Sunset Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax2A View Post
Dang it! You just shamed me into going out in the rain and washing it off!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
LMAO... hey, it's your Jeep. If you like it on there, leave it on there!
__________________
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/54562-albums357-picture4289.png
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 11-11-2014, 07:54 PM
MDBones's Avatar
OVERLAND HIGH ALTITUDE
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin's West Coast
Posts: 3,592
Thanks: 630
Thanked 613 Times in 503 Posts
Rep Power: 10618
MDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond reputeMDBones has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Sunset Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geep2015 View Post
Isn't Google images great!

This is what I get when I Google images "Sunset Orange"

Lots of pretty sunsets....

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=sunset+orange

This is what I get when I Google images Copper Brown!


Lots of beautiful women.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...q=copper+brown

So which color would you choose?

That's a no-brainer... copper brown!
__________________
http://www.jeepgarage.org/members/54562-albums357-picture4289.png
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 11-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Jax2A's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Middle of Ohio
Posts: 200
Thanks: 65
Thanked 63 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 1106
Jax2A is on a distinguished road
Re: Sunset Orange

Ok, pics with the Rock Lobster:
ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1416072045.996539.jpgImageUploadedByJeepGarage1416072065.838473.jpgImageUploadedByJeepGarage1416072078.678654.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
My Jeep: 2015 Sunset Orange Wrangler Sport
Previous Jeeps: 2002 Liberty, 1946 CJ2A, 1979 CJ7 & 1975 CJ5
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jax2A For This Useful Post:
  #203  
Old 11-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 1995 2.5L YJ
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SE Texas
Posts: 69
Thanks: 10
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 888
muddygirl71 is on a distinguished road
Re: Sunset Orange

To me seeing these comparsions the SO looks orange to me for sure and not anyway pinkish. There is definitely a difference. Thanks so much for posting!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 11-15-2014, 12:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 822
JKGreg is on a distinguished road
Re: Sunset Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddygirl71 View Post
To me seeing these comparsions the SO looks orange to me for sure and not anyway pinkish. There is definitely a difference. Thanks so much for posting!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
TOTALLY agree. Taking delivery of my SO Willys in about 3 hours!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need to get Clock Spring replaced, Sunset Jeep Florida... good ? bad ? mrmotoguzzi00 Grand Cherokee - WK 0 10-07-2013 12:56 PM
Hmmmm.... silver or hemi orange? KidFresh5.7 Visual Modifications 12 11-11-2009 10:03 AM
426 HEMI Jeep "Orange Crush" Megatron Off Road Modifications 31 10-16-2009 06:51 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.