Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Just South East of Cleveland
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1774
2011JGC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
^^^^^+2

It means he hit the "Enter" key on keyboard when he placed the order
The dealer has always talked about a "code" that he uses to hotlist the order...I will call him tomorrow and find out what it is and if he has been blowing smoke the last several cars I ordered...regardless I got 1% under invoice for the 2011 300C and 2010 Overland


Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ATX
Posts: 395
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1598
SRTDogg is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

It's called a flash... Maybe that is why they are so white/pronounced, at least I can hope, right? Hey, free white stitching is fine with me, as long as I'm not paying $2995 for it (nor am I paying $4300 for the sunroof!).
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 2943
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011JGC View Post
The dealer has always talked about a "code" that he uses to hotlist the order...I will call him tomorrow and find out what it is and if he has been blowing smoke the last several cars I ordered...regardless I got 1% under invoice for the 2011 300C and 2010 Overland


Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure that code is 4EA which = Sold Order and should place the build priority to 01 instead of the 99 for dealer stock orders. The only other code I've seen that seems to have some bearing is 4H4 = Special Scheduling Condition VII but no one seems to be able to tell what that actually means or how it gets into the order.

Like others have said, it's probably hyperbole from the dealer to make you feel "special" It's sales 101
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 2943
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
Upon closer examination of the images they appear to be the same interior pics as officially released, but the stitching is not as pronounced, meaning that Chrysler may have done some slight pshop work to lighten the "white". I need to do some more research on this, internal information is conflicting at times.
The same thing happened with the Overland interior, especially the Saddle. The stitching looked a lot more pronounced in the early pictures from Jeep than it does in person. I would expect the stitching to look much the same as it does on the black interior Overlands.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 06-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 6,443
Thanks: 33
Thanked 2,148 Times in 924 Posts
Rep Power: 2392427
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
The same thing happened with the Overland interior, especially the Saddle. The stitching looked a lot more pronounced in the early pictures from Jeep than it does in person. I would expect the stitching to look much the same as it does on the black interior Overlands.
Digging around some more, I found this description:

"Jeep SRT8: Premium leather interior accents, similar to an Overland (accent stitching, etc.)"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 06-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Jeff_Jeske's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 465
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2196
Jeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Thanks for that. Looks like I really would be happy with a base srt8. I really have no desire for any of the other stuff.
__________________
2013 Ford Edge Sport AWD
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland w/Hemi
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution 9 - Highly Modified Time Attack Car - DYNO (PUMP/E85)
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 06-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Just South East of Cleveland
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1774
2011JGC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
I'm pretty sure that code is 4EA which = Sold Order and should place the build priority to 01 instead of the 99 for dealer stock orders. The only other code I've seen that seems to have some bearing is 4H4 = Special Scheduling Condition VII but no one seems to be able to tell what that actually means or how it gets into the order.

Like others have said, it's probably hyperbole from the dealer to make you feel "special" It's sales 101
Ok...so my dealer is probably blowing smoke...he said the code he uses is 4HC. He also told me that he checked and that it is at BX status as of this morning....


Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 06-13-2011, 03:01 PM
nosmoke's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 281
Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1843
nosmoke is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011JGC View Post
Ok...so my dealer is probably blowing smoke...he said the code he uses is 4HC. He also told me that he checked and that it is at BX status as of this morning....
I have 4EA "Sold Vehicle" and a VON, but my build priority remains 99. My scheduling priority is "1-Sold Order". I'm confused.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 06-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 2943
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011JGC View Post
Ok...so my dealer is probably blowing smoke...he said the code he uses is 4HC. He also told me that he checked and that it is at BX status as of this morning....


Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
I think at this point only Milous can help with these codes.

The best I've been able to find on the "4H " codes used for scheduling are: http://starparts.chrysler.com/starli.../salescode.pdf
4H1 $$ Fleet Schedule Priority
4H2 $$ Shaklee Fleet Operations
4H3 $$ Year End Fleet Reassignments
4H4 $$ Special Scheduling Condition Vii
4HY $$ Gcr Tire
4H5 $$ Budget Rent-A-Car, Columbus
4H6 $$ Just Four Wheels Inc 4J1 $$ Att Wireless
4H7 $$ Budget Rental Fleet Llc 09871
4H8 $$ Floor Plan Program Tracking
4H9 $$ Auto Rental (Leasing)
4HA $$ Special Scheduling Condition I
4HB $$ Special Scheduling Condition Ii
4HC $$ Special Scheduling Condition Iii
4HD $$ Special Scheduling Condition Iv
4HE $$ Special Scheduling Condition V
4HF $$ Special Scheduling Condition Vi
4HG $$ Central Scheduling Block
4HH $$ Hot Order
4HJ $$ 7Yr/100,000 - Powertrain Care
4HK $$ 4Yr/48,000 Owner Care Conv. Upgrade
4HL $$ Vacover Budget Rent-A-Car
4HM $$ Dealer Interest Claims (Canada)
4HN $$ Demo Program
4HP $$ Special Promotion Ontario
4HQ $$ Dispatch Printing Company
4HR $$ Windsor Fleet Tracking
4HS $$ Order Tracking

I don't recall my dealer selecting any of these codes, I thought the system assigned them.

If he "hot listed" it I would expect him to use 4HH....

Regardless, if it's in BX (BX: Passed edit available for schedule ) then it's been accepted, that's a good sign.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Just South East of Cleveland
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1774
2011JGC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
I think at this point only Milous can help with these codes.

The best I've been able to find on the "4H " codes used for scheduling are: http://starparts.chrysler.com/starli.../salescode.pdf
4H1 $$ Fleet Schedule Priority
4H2 $$ Shaklee Fleet Operations
4H3 $$ Year End Fleet Reassignments
4H4 $$ Special Scheduling Condition Vii
4HY $$ Gcr Tire
4H5 $$ Budget Rent-A-Car, Columbus
4H6 $$ Just Four Wheels Inc 4J1 $$ Att Wireless
4H7 $$ Budget Rental Fleet Llc 09871
4H8 $$ Floor Plan Program Tracking
4H9 $$ Auto Rental (Leasing)
4HA $$ Special Scheduling Condition I
4HB $$ Special Scheduling Condition Ii
4HC $$ Special Scheduling Condition Iii
4HD $$ Special Scheduling Condition Iv
4HE $$ Special Scheduling Condition V
4HF $$ Special Scheduling Condition Vi
4HG $$ Central Scheduling Block
4HH $$ Hot Order
4HJ $$ 7Yr/100,000 - Powertrain Care
4HK $$ 4Yr/48,000 Owner Care Conv. Upgrade
4HL $$ Vacover Budget Rent-A-Car
4HM $$ Dealer Interest Claims (Canada)
4HN $$ Demo Program
4HP $$ Special Promotion Ontario
4HQ $$ Dispatch Printing Company
4HR $$ Windsor Fleet Tracking
4HS $$ Order Tracking

I don't recall my dealer selecting any of these codes, I thought the system assigned them.

If he "hot listed" it I would expect him to use 4HH....

Regardless, if it's in BX (BX: Passed edit available for schedule ) then it's been accepted, that's a good sign.
Thanks for the info!


Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 06-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ATX
Posts: 395
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1598
SRTDogg is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Yes, all of this kind of info is invaluable!! THANKS!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 06-14-2011, 02:45 PM
barho's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 489
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2221
barho has a brilliant future
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Milous

Your site says base price is $43,825. Is this final base price? If this was already discussed, sorry.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8: New and improved Milous Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 474 02-10-2013 11:23 AM
Something NEW!! 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 exhaust! Black Ops Auto Works Engine Performance/Intakes and Exhausts/Superchargers/Turbos 37 03-01-2012 08:36 PM
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 spec sheets Scottina06 Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 4 06-18-2011 09:30 PM
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8...in the wild! Scottina06 WK2 SRT Showoff 26 06-09-2011 02:57 PM
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is a GO! Milous Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 141 02-10-2011 02:08 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community