Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #85  
Old 06-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Huntley, MT
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1065
Gore is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

The easiest approach I've found is find a dealer who normally sells at invoice. Out in the northwest, Dave Smith Motors, advertises selling at invoice for Dodge. I then just offered my local dealer the opportunity to sell me a car, but only if I could pay invoice and they jumped for it.

Luckily I didn't have to work to hard on this one since I bought my wife a Challenger and got the invoice hassle out of the way on that one. They didn't even blink when I asked whether they would sell me an SRT8 jeep at invoice...

Good luck!
Gore
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Jeff_Jeske's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 459
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 2039
Jeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_Jeske has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

I would expect that you could test the waters by trying to get any other SRT8 vehicle at invoice price first. Kind of a dry run.

Back to the Lux package. So I went back and looked at the standard non-leather dash pics and I understand what the dash part includes/deletes but what about the "other trip pieces" part?

I couldn't care less about the dash but I love the white stitching on the door arm rests, center console, and seats. Are those items Lux or standard specifically the seats?

If the lux package adds "premium leather to the door trim panels, instrument panel and center console " what will it look like without it? Will it be leather without the stitching or will it be hard plastic?


__________________

__________________
2013 Ford Edge Sport AWD
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland w/Hemi
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution 9 - Highly Modified Time Attack Car - DYNO (PUMP/E85)
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 2793
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske View Post
I would expect that you could test the waters by trying to get any other SRT8 vehicle at invoice price first. Kind of a dry run.

Back to the Lux package. So I went back and looked at the standard non-leather dash pics and I understand what the dash part includes/deletes but what about the "other trip pieces" part?

I couldn't care less about the dash but I love the white stitching on the door arm rests, center console, and seats. Are those items Lux or standard specifically the seats?

If the lux package adds "premium leather to the door trim panels, instrument panel and center console " what will it look like without it? Will it be leather without the stitching or will it be hard plastic?
Actually, I see the LUX II package as the new way to get Adaptive Cruise, blind spot and cross path detection, the leather add is not why I would buy it. It would be smarter if they called it the TECH II package and separated out the leather and Pano roof as a LUX II package.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ATX
Posts: 395
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1448
SRTDogg is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

I believe they called it upper door trim, so the door as you see is leather at the very top, but it is NOT white stitched leather like the rest of the seating area.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:31 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 2793
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

After talking with my dealer odds are whatever SRT8's that show up on dealer lots ordered as dealer stock will probably have every option except the rear seat DVD. If you want a "stock" SRT8 you'll probably have to order it.

According to him, discussions he's been a part of with Jeep indicate Jeep feels the target market for the SRT8 as a higher end customer cross shopping with the European SUV's, not the hot rodder looking for the cheapest point of entry with the lightest vehicle. The "recommendation" will be to fully option their stock orders.

Bottom line, unless you order one or see one that comes in from a customer order it's unlikely you'll ever see one without the LUX II package.

The problem with that, as I see it, is that the MSRP crosses the $50K barrier, something I think is hard for people to accept coming from Jeep. It doesn't matter that it's 1/2 the price of a comparable Porsche or BMW SUV, it's a price point that the brand will have a hard time justifying. That's why Toyota created Lexus, Nissan created Infinity and Honda created Acura.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ATX
Posts: 395
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1448
SRTDogg is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Has anyone who ordered received their VON or VIN # yet?? (I haven't checked but am anxious to call and find out!)

Will we not get VINs until around 7/18?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 06-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Schleprock's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2010 6.1L SRT8
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MD/DE
Posts: 866
Thanks: 17
Thanked 48 Times in 37 Posts
Rep Power: 2200
Schleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
After talking with my dealer odds are whatever SRT8's that show up on dealer lots ordered as dealer stock will probably have every option except the rear seat DVD. If you want a "stock" SRT8 you'll probably have to order it.

According to him, discussions he's been a part of with Jeep indicate Jeep feels the target market for the SRT8 as a higher end customer cross shopping with the European SUV's, not the hot rodder looking for the cheapest point of entry with the lightest vehicle. The "recommendation" will be to fully option their stock orders.

Bottom line, unless you order one or see one that comes in from a customer order it's unlikely you'll ever see one without the LUX II package.

The problem with that, as I see it, is that the MSRP crosses the $50K barrier, something I think is hard for people to accept coming from Jeep. It doesn't matter that it's 1/2 the price of a comparable Porsche or BMW SUV, it's a price point that the brand will have a hard time justifying. That's why Toyota created Lexus, Nissan created Infinity and Honda created Acura.
From my experience in the MD/DE/PA area, this first year run you'll see hardly any as dealer inventory. Where I ordered mine, they wanted 5, and could easily sell them all, but only 2 were accepted. Mine and another sold unit. The dealer is bummed.

There are 250 Jeep dealerships within a 300 mile radius of where I live alone, even if they increase 2012 production to 2000 units from 1500, there is simply not enough product to come close to filling dealer lots. I 100% agree with Milous on his comments relative to low production/dealer inventory. When we bought ours in Jan 2010 before final orders closed, there were 5 in the entire northeast area. Luckily we could order one. And when it came in to the dealer, someone came in the showroom that day off the street and asked to buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTDogg View Post
Has anyone who ordered received their VON or VIN # yet?? (I haven't checked but am anxious to call and find out!)

Will we not get VINs until around 7/18?
If someone had their dealer build the vehicle, and received a print out from them to take home.....if it does not say Price Ordered Confirmation at the top and have the "Ordered Date" filled in and a "VON #" filled in, and 4EA Sold Order in the Option section, then you do not have a guaranteed ordered unit. In addition, the Build Priority in the lower right corner plays a factor too. The dealer that played games with me had a 99 (also didn't have the other items I mentioned), which I believe means dealer inventory, my ordered unit has 01.

I believe VIN is handed out when the vehicle is just about ready to go down the line for production.
__________________
RJ
2014 Redline Pearl Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

2010 Bright Silver Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Billet Catch Can, Billet Shorty Antenna, BWoody 4" CAI, Custom CMR Tune)
2013 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500
(traded in) 2012 Mineral Gray Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 06-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ATX
Posts: 395
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1448
SRTDogg is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

So if I had mined "ordered" a week ago, I should be able to get a VON printout complete with VON #, date, 4EA sold, and build priority info? Does "4EA sold" mean I have to prepay for it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 2793
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schleprock View Post
From my experience in the MD/DE/PA area, this first year run you'll see hardly any as dealer inventory. Where I ordered mine, they wanted 5, and could easily sell them all, but only 2 were accepted. Mine and another sold unit. The dealer is bummed.

There are 250 Jeep dealerships within a 300 mile radius of where I live alone, even if they increase 2012 production to 2000 units from 1500, there is simply not enough product to come close to filling dealer lots. I 100% agree with Milous on his comments relative to low production/dealer inventory. When we bought ours in Jan 2010 before final orders closed, there were 5 in the entire northeast area. Luckily we could order one. And when it came in to the dealer, someone came in the showroom that day off the street and asked to buy it.
That's the difference area makes. In my areas there are ~70 dealers within a 200 mile radius and vehicles don't fly off the lot like they do in the NE, CA or Chicago areas. I also think 1500 is the number of SRT8's that will be built this calendar year, not model year. The number I've heard is 2% of overall WK2 production which would equate to about 3000 over the entire model year. I think there are about 2600 Chrysler Group dealerships but I can't find out how many sell Jeeps. Regardless, it's quite possible that many dealerships will not see any SRT's this calendar year and some may not get any ever. OTOH, I've see quotes that 50% of Chrysler dealers account for 90% of their sales. Even with that it's unlikely any dealer will see more than 4 or 5 SRT's over the course of the model year.

I don't doubt they will be in short supply, at least until spring of next year. Kind of like the Overland and Summits were this year. If they really take off I would expect Jeep to up the quantity later in the year or as part of their 2013 planning.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Schleprock's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2010 6.1L SRT8
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MD/DE
Posts: 866
Thanks: 17
Thanked 48 Times in 37 Posts
Rep Power: 2200
Schleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTDogg View Post
So if I had mined "ordered" a week ago, I should be able to get a VON printout complete with VON #, date, 4EA sold, and build priority info? Does "4EA sold" mean I have to prepay for it?
I believe if you don't have that info already (any dealer who you set up an official order with should be kind enough to give you a copy of your order sheet!!!)....then you don't have an order. Did you order one already?

payment options are totally up to the dealers desire, nothing to do with Jeep/Chrysler.
__________________
RJ
2014 Redline Pearl Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

2010 Bright Silver Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Billet Catch Can, Billet Shorty Antenna, BWoody 4" CAI, Custom CMR Tune)
2013 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500
(traded in) 2012 Mineral Gray Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 06-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 5,866
Thanks: 31
Thanked 1,583 Times in 711 Posts
Rep Power: 2391554
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske View Post
I couldn't care less about the dash but I love the white stitching on the door arm rests, center console, and seats. Are those items Lux or standard specifically the seats?
The stitching is only on the Lux package. I believe I have a small interior pic of non-stitched interior, I'll post it later tonight when I'm back online.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 06-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 48,145
Thanks: 731
Thanked 701 Times in 563 Posts
Rep Power: 7716622
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing

hmmm...good info again Milous
__________________

__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED Edition" 1 of 1
2013 Audi A7 premium plus-phantom black sportback
2012 FIAT 500 Sport-daughters Mopar....LOL


Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy



Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8: New and improved Milous Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 474 02-10-2013 11:23 AM
Something NEW!! 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 exhaust! Black Ops Auto Works Engine Performance/Intakes and Exhausts/Superchargers/Turbos 37 03-01-2012 08:36 PM
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 spec sheets Scottina06 Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 4 06-18-2011 09:30 PM
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8...in the wild! Scottina06 WK2 SRT Showoff 26 06-09-2011 02:57 PM
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is a GO! Milous Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 141 02-10-2011 02:08 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community