Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #157  
Old 09-11-2011, 05:25 PM
BostonDMD's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 571
Thanks: 32
Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 302433
BostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottina06 View Post
come on RJ! You know the denali enclave will dust the SRT!
On the strip or on the track?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 09-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,258
Thanks: 868
Thanked 981 Times in 693 Posts
Rep Power: 7717896
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

both.......hahahahahahahahaha
__________________

__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 09-11-2011, 08:40 PM
BostonDMD's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 571
Thanks: 32
Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 302433
BostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

Yeah, I heard the WK2 SRT8 is even slower than the smart car......
but the WK1 is faster than this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-FERRARI-F1-calendar_6_1.jpg (74.3 KB, 5 views)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 09-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,258
Thanks: 868
Thanked 981 Times in 693 Posts
Rep Power: 7717896
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

let me guess where you heard it????? LOLOLOLOL
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Schleprock's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2010 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MD/DE
Posts: 950
Thanks: 19
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Rep Power: 2436
Schleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottina06 View Post
come on RJ! You know the denali enclave will dust the SRT!
My buddy has a Tahoe that I have driven. You could put the LS9 in that with an aggressive lowering suspension and 24" forged wheels and it would still feel like the Titanic, except with no passenger load!!
__________________
RJ
2014 Redline Pearl Grand Cherokee SRT8

2014 Granite Crystal Durango R/T
2013 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500
(traded in) 2012 Mineral Gray Grand Cherokee SRT8, 2010 Bright Silver Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 09-12-2011, 12:21 PM
soontobesrt's Avatar
I drive a modern day Woody
My Jeep: 2005 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia,PA ----> Trenton, NJ
Posts: 1,602
Thanks: 31
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 3398
soontobesrt has a reputation beyond reputesoontobesrt has a reputation beyond reputesoontobesrt has a reputation beyond reputesoontobesrt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

Wow some of this thread was really ridiculous haha, got kinda outta hand if you ask em. It got way out of hand mostly because its all bs with no factual backing. Just a bunch of opinions from some owners if you ask me. No one has even had one in their driveway yet and there is arguing like we're racing for pinks or something! Im not trying to thrash anyone at all as the members and community are what make this forum so awesome and provide so much value. BUT at the same time they can kill it and kinda have in here :/

Ever since the WK2 SRT has come out and been hyped up the arguments and debates on here have made us all look pretty petty and kinda stupid if you ask me. Ive had my share but tried to keep it logical and fact based but in reality NO ONE knows costs on here so this cost debate is NONSENSE! And arguing over performance vs price is STUPID as everyone buys EVERYTHING for different reasons.




Sooo this is my new breakdown of the WK1 SRT vs. the WK2 SRT to date- Although its ever changing the more and more I read/see stuff on them but I feel this is pretty accurate so far:

WK: Some people want a nicer interior over a faster vehicle, some want a better riding, quieter and more comfortable SUV that can town and still be fast (well rounded) Some want the raw feeling and cheaper/lighter one that has the ability to be upgraded to race easily. To me and the WK1 is the raw one that is much cheaper and has the ability to be setup to race. The guy who likes to really beat on it and doesn't care much for refinement/interior features & comforts or towing much will buy that one. Also someone on a budget who just wants a fast/cool SUV can buy that as well now days which makes the WK SRT still a good value truck.


WK2: The WK2 SRT is the nice much more refined and comfortable SUV with much better ride and overall adaptability with some creature comforts to make the whole family feel at home. All in all two diff cars at two diff price point as it should be. But the technology combined with refinement in the WK2 SRT compared to the WK1 SRT is leaps and bounds ahead so the price isnt so far off at $10k more MSRP compared to WK1 MSRP's. FORGET ALL THE WK2 didn't go up and other models talk blah blah, the WK2 SRT is way different than all those and certainly has higher costs and clearly is a better truck as far as components used to build it!


Its not like Chrysler has it out for JEEP OWNERS ONLY! Something in their supply chain made this truck cost enough more that they had to price it where they did to make the $ they wanted.

Thats it, people need to stop with this WK1 vs. WK2 nonsense as it makes a lot of this forum look very unappealing if you ask me. Lets get beyond this and all enjoy being Jeep owners and continue to be the best Jeep forum on the web.
__________________

Mods: A Bunch



Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soontobesrt For This Useful Post:
  #163  
Old 09-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2010 6.1L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,117
Thanks: 75
Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Power: 305627
QuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

I'd like to add....Every make, every model has a forum that the people on it HATE with a passion, the new, improved model.
It's just the process that has to happen.
__________________
2015 SRT Grand Cherokee Hellcat in Mopar Blue. Or 2015 Trail Hawk II
(If you build it, they will come!)
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 09-12-2011, 02:14 PM
VerbalKint's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 188
Thanks: 15
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 1871
VerbalKint is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobesrt View Post
Wow some of this thread was really ridiculous haha, got kinda outta hand if you ask em. It got way out of hand mostly because its all bs with no factual backing. Just a bunch of opinions from some owners if you ask me. No one has even had one in their driveway yet and there is arguing like we're racing for pinks or something! Im not trying to thrash anyone at all as the members and community are what make this forum so awesome and provide so much value. BUT at the same time they can kill it and kinda have in here :/

Ever since the WK2 SRT has come out and been hyped up the arguments and debates on here have made us all look pretty petty and kinda stupid if you ask me. Ive had my share but tried to keep it logical and fact based but in reality NO ONE knows costs on here so this cost debate is NONSENSE! And arguing over performance vs price is STUPID as everyone buys EVERYTHING for different reasons.




Sooo this is my new breakdown of the WK1 SRT vs. the WK2 SRT to date- Although its ever changing the more and more I read/see stuff on them but I feel this is pretty accurate so far:

WK: Some people want a nicer interior over a faster vehicle, some want a better riding, quieter and more comfortable SUV that can town and still be fast (well rounded) Some want the raw feeling and cheaper/lighter one that has the ability to be upgraded to race easily. To me and the WK1 is the raw one that is much cheaper and has the ability to be setup to race. The guy who likes to really beat on it and doesn't care much for refinement/interior features & comforts or towing much will buy that one. Also someone on a budget who just wants a fast/cool SUV can buy that as well now days which makes the WK SRT still a good value truck.


WK2: The WK2 SRT is the nice much more refined and comfortable SUV with much better ride and overall adaptability with some creature comforts to make the whole family feel at home. All in all two diff cars at two diff price point as it should be. But the technology combined with refinement in the WK2 SRT compared to the WK1 SRT is leaps and bounds ahead so the price isnt so far off at $10k more MSRP compared to WK1 MSRP's. FORGET ALL THE WK2 didn't go up and other models talk blah blah, the WK2 SRT is way different than all those and certainly has higher costs and clearly is a better truck as far as components used to build it!


Its not like Chrysler has it out for JEEP OWNERS ONLY! Something in their supply chain made this truck cost enough more that they had to price it where they did to make the $ they wanted.

Thats it, people need to stop with this WK1 vs. WK2 nonsense as it makes a lot of this forum look very unappealing if you ask me. Lets get beyond this and all enjoy being Jeep owners and continue to be the best Jeep forum on the web.
+1 Agreed...
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 09-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,258
Thanks: 868
Thanked 981 Times in 693 Posts
Rep Power: 7717896
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

PLEASE....PLEASE......PLEASE DONT group JeepGarage in the same sentence as that joke of a forum with a red color scheme!!!! Thats exactly what some of you are doing with these statements. There is nowwhere near the hate here for the wk2 SRT like I hear there is there. Owners/members here have a respect for their vehicles because they ACTUALLY have to pay for them(not their parents) and they actually do the work on them....not just throwing a credit card to some tuner who slaps a twin turbo system on their Jeep and ships it back across country to them. They have NO repsect for the companies building their vehicles, the forums they participate in or the vehicle themselves.

The wk2 hasnt even hit the streets yet. Im 100% sure in the next 3-5 years everyone will forget about the wk1 becasue the wk2's platform is leaps and bounds better than the wk1. Thats just a fact....its built better, is stronger and high quality. The chassis is world class! That in turn will equal a better platform for 1/4 mile racing, road course racing and pure owner enjoyment.
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 09-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2010 6.1L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,117
Thanks: 75
Thanked 52 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Power: 305627
QuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond reputeQuickOne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

X2...>close thread
__________________
2015 SRT Grand Cherokee Hellcat in Mopar Blue. Or 2015 Trail Hawk II
(If you build it, they will come!)
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 PM
i0r15's Avatar
If you halo, they will come...
My Jeep: 2009 4.7 HO WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Argentina
Posts: 786
Thanks: 21
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 9236
i0r15 has a reputation beyond reputei0r15 has a reputation beyond reputei0r15 has a reputation beyond reputei0r15 has a reputation beyond reputei0r15 has a reputation beyond reputei0r15 has a reputation beyond reputei0r15 has a reputation beyond reputei0r15 has a reputation beyond reputei0r15 has a reputation beyond reputei0r15 has a reputation beyond reputei0r15 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

There's one thing that's been said a lot in this thread but I've never seen it. The supposed hate against the WK2 SRT8. Who hates it? Does some one hate it just because one makes a comparison or thinks that a price increase out of the blue seems a bit fishy?

I think we all love the new SRT8 and some more than others.
There might be haters of this vehicle. But I doubt they are on this forum.
Here we are just a bunch of loyal customers.
__________________
Chris(100% Svensk)
2009 Dark Charcoal 4.7 Limited WK(WH): K&N 63 Series Aircharger, Superchips 93 Tune, 8000k AAC CCFL Halo's(With relay), 6000k HID Fogs, 6000K HID Lows, Illuminated Mopar Jeep logo Sill guard, SRT Pedals. All around 5% window tint(Nobody see in, nobody see out). OEM Lamborghini Diablo Horn. Customcargrills perforated aluminum in lower valance(waiting to do the grille). 12" Pioneer Woofer on 1500w Boss Amp, Muffler Delete, Pirelli Scorpion Zero 255/60/17.
And more to come
Quote:
Jeremy Clarkson: “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”

Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 09-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 308
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1629
MikeD is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 runs 13.81

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0r15 View Post
There's one thing that's been said a lot in this thread but I've never seen it. The supposed hate against the WK2 SRT8. Who hates it? Does some one hate it just because one makes a comparison or thinks that a price increase out of the blue seems a bit fishy?

I think we all love the new SRT8 and some more than others.
There might be haters of this vehicle. But I doubt they are on this forum.
Here we are just a bunch of loyal customers.

Well said! I have no hate for the new SRT8 and if anything was looking forward to getting one as I am so disappointed with the lack of power and issues in my WK2 Overland "Hemi". I am after 16 year's of owning Chrysler products going to move on to something completely different than an SRT8 mainly because of price sometime in the next year, A Ford Raptor Supercrew. I miss having a truck and my Brother has one and it has been a fun and reliable vehicle.
__________________

__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8-Traded in
2008 BMW M3 Sedan
1992 Corvette LT1
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
99 WJ Blower fan runs constantly Rottweiler123 Troubleshooting/Problems 5 12-15-2011 12:45 AM
Jeep Runs a bit cold? ryans01 Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust 2 07-07-2011 01:35 AM
Hemituner runs 10.8 pjs1965 At The Track 7 06-07-2010 07:09 PM
** My ATCO runs today (12-12-09) ** QBNKID At The Track 10 12-14-2009 08:19 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community