Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1045  
Old 04-06-2013, 05:53 AM
ViperGTS's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 159
Thanks: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 713
ViperGTS is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Features & Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenevaSRT8 View Post
I remember hearing in one of the video reviews of the SRT that if you select ECO and turn the engine off, the next time you start the truck it will "remember" and have ECO selected... or am I mixing up with other versions?

That's what I read in the SRT manual. It will retain the last state.
__________________

__________________
2014 SRT Deep Cherry, Goliath Wheels, Panaramic Sun Roof, HK Audio, Tow Package

Reply With Quote
  #1046  
Old 04-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 6,224
Thanks: 33
Thanked 1,789 Times in 806 Posts
Rep Power: 2392115
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Features & Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stpr8 View Post
Oh no I have to select it?!?!? Was hoping to always save gas.
That's where "ECO Mode II" comes into play (trans in "Park", ignition Off).
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1047  
Old 04-06-2013, 03:39 PM
namibija's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 546
namibija is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to namibija
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Features & Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenevaSRT8 View Post
Sure, but I'd rather have Black Chrome as stock / winter and be able to look into the wide choice of aftermarket manufacturers for the summer wheels... Anyway, these are good "problems" to have... ;-)

Let me know what your dealer tells you after the presentation, please.
Sure, will let you know asap
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1048  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 589
DMSRT8 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Features & Changes

Rear Lighting Question.
Finally looked at a 2014 GC in person. It was a summit, but waiting to order an SRT with Sepia. I noticed the brake lights and rear turn signals are not LED. Looks like only the rear running lights are LEDs. Big miss by Jeep. I believe the 3157 bulbs can be easily replaced with LED bulbs.

Question though. The brake lights and rear turn signals only illuminate in the outer section of the light housing (on the fender), not the portion on the tail gate.
It appears there is some type of bulb in the center section of the lens (in the middle of the our led band) on the tailgate. What is this for? At first I thought it might be for rear fog lights in Europe, but I think those are down on the bumper. Any ideas?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1049  
Old 04-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1038
Brett2012 is on a distinguished road
Here is a pic showing the difference between what I believe is deep cherry and redline.


Currently deep cherry is not available to order. Lucky guys who already got there deep cherry order in. Redline is OK but it doesn't look as classy as the deep cherry IMHO.
What to do?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1050  
Old 04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 61
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 549
azzam1 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Features & Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett2012 View Post
Here is a pic showing the difference between what I believe is deep cherry and redline.


Currently deep cherry is not available to order. Lucky guys who already got there deep cherry order in. Redline is OK but it doesn't look as classy as the deep cherry IMHO.
What to do?
Redline is more aggressive and sporty though..BUT still LATE. I can see an SRT ordered in Jan which is still "Current Status: Not yet scheduled"
__________________
2014 Redline JEEP SRT .....
Reply With Quote
  #1051  
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1038
Brett2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzam1 View Post
Redline is more aggressive and sporty though..BUT still LATE. I can see an SRT ordered in Jan which is still "Current Status: Not yet scheduled"
Yes you're right it is more sporty.
I'd like to see it on a jeep GC SRT.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1052  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 48,752
Thanks: 827
Thanked 806 Times in 622 Posts
Rep Power: 7717318
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Features & Changes

yep....my redline was ordered the morning the banks opened...not even scheduled yet!
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED Edition" 1 of 1
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2013 JKU 10th anniversary-white
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #1053  
Old 04-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mars, PA
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1094
Eubster is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Features & Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperGTS View Post
That's what I read in the SRT manual. It will retain the last state.
I'll double check later, but I don't think it remembers. I'm pretty sure you have to press the ECO button every time you start the car.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1054  
Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 AM
namibija's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 546
namibija is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to namibija
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Features & Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by namibija View Post
Sure, will let you know asap
GenevaSRT8,

just to let you know , i will meet my dealer to discuss wheels
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1055  
Old 04-08-2013, 01:30 PM
GenevaSRT8's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: near Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 218
Thanks: 8
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1880
GenevaSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeGenevaSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeGenevaSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeGenevaSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeGenevaSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeGenevaSRT8 has a reputation beyond reputeGenevaSRT8 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by namibija View Post
GenevaSRT8,

just to let you know , i will meet my dealer to discuss wheels
Thanks a lot!
When I ordered, I showed a couple of pages from wk2jeeps.com to my dealer and the regional manager, and they "discovered" some of the options (Sepia interior, wheels)... They told me that on a low-volume trim level (SRT) in a low-volume market (Switzerland), the number of options is limited by the factory to keep things simple.

To be honest this explanation sounds a bit like bullsh*t with the GCs being assembled in one place (unlike the WKs that were assembled in Austria for Europe), because when you place an order from the factory, on the assembly line they produce trucks regardless of where they go. In my opinion, it doesn't make anyone's life easier to have less options available on truck no. 37 on the line while all the other trucks built that day have the full range of options available for their buyers to choose from... and the truck being eventually shipped to Switzerland is going to be no. 37, regardless of the options. Maybe the guys that work at Jefferson North will be able to give more insight into this...
Making the ordering process simpler doesn't make any sense either, not when the full list of options is maybe a dozen different codes at most.

Anyway, off the soapbox, looking forward to reading what your dealer says ;-)
__________________
Jan

'14 Grand Cherokee SRT - Granite gray
'07 Grand Cherokee SRT8 (sold)
'72 Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer 710M
Reply With Quote
  #1056  
Old 04-09-2013, 04:49 PM
namibija's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 546
namibija is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to namibija
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Features & Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenevaSRT8 View Post
Thanks a lot!
When I ordered, I showed a couple of pages from wk2jeeps.com to my dealer and the regional manager, and they "discovered" some of the options (Sepia interior, wheels)... They told me that on a low-volume trim level (SRT) in a low-volume market (Switzerland), the number of options is limited by the factory to keep things simple.

To be honest this explanation sounds a bit like bullsh*t with the GCs being assembled in one place (unlike the WKs that were assembled in Austria for Europe), because when you place an order from the factory, on the assembly line they produce trucks regardless of where they go. In my opinion, it doesn't make anyone's life easier to have less options available on truck no. 37 on the line while all the other trucks built that day have the full range of options available for their buyers to choose from... and the truck being eventually shipped to Switzerland is going to be no. 37, regardless of the options. Maybe the guys that work at Jefferson North will be able to give more insight into this...
Making the ordering process simpler doesn't make any sense either, not when the full list of options is maybe a dozen different codes at most.

Anyway, off the soapbox, looking forward to reading what your dealer says ;-)
I hear you my firend. And agree with you also. Unfortunately your info are correct. You can chose almost nothing! Eu seems to be second grade market. Cant you guys down there do nothing about it!?!

Anyway…….been to my dealer…… have a long talk about nothing…… ordered my private space shuttle......

!!!!!!Today's order: GC SRT 2014_Granite Crystal_Black/Sepia_Harman Kardon®_CommandView®_Aluminum split five-spoke, Black Vapor Chrome finish, "Spider Monkey"!!!!!!!


If I dont get at least 3 congrets , I will be very offended! In any case be prepared for bugging about codes, tracking etc.. you know the drill.

Ok, back to you my friend. Situation about the wheels is like that. There are two options:
- one is 16. WF9 - 20" x 10"
Aluminum split five-spoke, Black Vapor Chrome finish, "Spider Monkey"
- other is 17. WSG - 20" x 10"
Aluminum five-spoke, fully polished, "Goliath"
Both options are included in the price, you simply has to choose. You can choose inetriors between black/black and black/sepia also included in price. No extra payment. Only metal or brilliant/crystal colours will cost you additional 700 eur . Good or bad? Thats the way it is!


Guys be prepared, will get my order number in week or two and start buging you
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
14' srt, 2013 2014 srt srt8 wk2, 2014 jeep srt, features, features and changes, options, 2014, srt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 12492 05-24-2014 08:00 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community