2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport - Page 4 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 12-15-2014, 04:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 316
Thanks: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 1675
dasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRSRT View Post
The tune itself is not worth the investment, not yet anyway. If you fit headers, CAI, bigger injectors and freeflow exhaust you MAY get 15hp, but you'll never feel the difference.
what a load of shit... if you buy a diablo from demon and get a custom tune you will see a major difference.

you can say all the crap all of you want BUT ive been there done that shown you all the ^&%# dyno charts and you still go on talking shit about this..

the FACT is they CAN adjust the FAN , the CAN make more power , AND as of right NOW i STILL have not had any issues with my custom tune.

So either buy it and try it or GET OVER IT !!!!!

__________________
cheers dasko
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dasko76 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #38  
Old 12-15-2014, 05:33 AM
DCRSRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hills District, Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,522
Thanks: 748
Thanked 158 Times in 122 Posts
Rep Power: 3516
DCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport

Mate I don't know why your such an angry person, all you ever do is whinge about what other people have to say. Yes I saw your dyno results and for the money you paid, IMO, it was a waste of money. Sure its your money and you can spend it anyway you like, that doesn't mean anyone else wants to spend a shit load of cash for what little gains you had, which I think was less than 30kw (cant remember and care less). In a 2 tonne SUV your not going to feel such a small increase.


For some reason you have a bee in your bonnet with me, and that's fine, I don't care. But I have every right to give my opinion on any topic, and if you don't like it or disagree then say so without being all aggressive and trying to be some tough guy about it.
__________________
MY14 Deep Cherry Red JGC SRT. Injen CAI. GT Haus Meisterschaft cat back. CLStech headlight ribbon mod. DBA T3 5000 rotors.
X-Lume Color Shift illuminated grille badge. X-Lume illuminated tow hitch cover badge. 22x10 Octane OC500 wheels.


Join us on Facebook:
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-15-2014, 08:14 AM
kilad4n's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hills District, Sydney
Posts: 275
Thanks: 16
Thanked 71 Times in 52 Posts
Rep Power: 1577
kilad4n has a reputation beyond reputekilad4n has a reputation beyond reputekilad4n has a reputation beyond reputekilad4n has a reputation beyond reputekilad4n has a reputation beyond reputekilad4n has a reputation beyond reputekilad4n has a reputation beyond reputekilad4n has a reputation beyond reputekilad4n has a reputation beyond reputekilad4n has a reputation beyond reputekilad4n has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport

I think ill just stick to my GTHaus exhaust
__________________
2014 SRT - GREY MATTER (Matt Frozen Grey), Jailbreak, GT Haus Exhaust, Custom CAI, Black Ops Carbon Fiber Front Lip, RM mid drop springs, BlackOps control arms + end links, DRL Ribbon Mod, X-Lume badge, X-Lume Tow Hitch
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kilad4n For This Useful Post:
  #40  
Old 12-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 42
Thanks: 11
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1773
waterlemon has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport

It was the Diablo tune, working in conjunction with the awesome RIPP supercharger, which turned my Jeep into my dream vehicle, so IMO Diablo tunes are great.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to waterlemon For This Useful Post:
  #41  
Old 12-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 316
Thanks: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 1675
dasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRSRT View Post
Mate I don't know why your such an angry person, all you ever do is whinge about what other people have to say. Yes I saw your dyno results and for the money you paid, IMO, it was a waste of money. Sure its your money and you can spend it anyway you like, that doesn't mean anyone else wants to spend a shit load of cash for what little gains you had, which I think was less than 30kw (cant remember and care less). In a 2 tonne SUV your not going to feel such a small increase.


For some reason you have a bee in your bonnet with me, and that's fine, I don't care. But I have every right to give my opinion on any topic, and if you don't like it or disagree then say so without being all aggressive and trying to be some tough guy about it.
well sorry if it seemed pointed at you directly but only a small part was.

my point was ( in a frustrated manner) this topic is over blown there is enough information in most of these topics to make a decision , either buy or dont its that simple and then when ( this is you ) i see fellow members that have not purchased seen or driven a car that has actually done this mod give advice , opinion to the degree you do in your posts saying its not worth it , well as a member that has done it i do get fired up , or angry as you say. I drive it every day and i feel the difference alot , both in power and and the fuel pump...

you cant recommend a good restaurant unless you have eaten the meals IMO.

and also IMO i think its worth every cent i spent on my car. thats why im part of this forum to do things to my car off advice from others that HAVE done it, not people that pretend they dont have a good enough reason and dream one day they will.

so once again for the record , my custom diablo tune from demon performance rocks, the fan can be controlled.
I have a current best time of 4.1 evic at 20c which was .3 more than the ripp S/C kit.
Im speaking from facts not fiction.
__________________
cheers dasko
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-15-2014, 05:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,607
Thanks: 128
Thanked 272 Times in 157 Posts
Rep Power: 293562
Black Ops Auto Works has disabled reputation
Re: 2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasko76 View Post
so once again for the record , my custom diablo tune from demon performance rocks, the fan can be controlled.
I have a current best time of 4.1 evic at 20c which was .3 more than the ripp S/C kit.
Im speaking from facts not fiction.
So what is the fan doing for you if you say it's doing something?

See I know whats up with the tuning and no matter what you feel without a Dyno before and after this is all smoke up the ass.

A Tune is marginal results at best and thats a fact.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 52,685
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,396 Posts
Rep Power: 7789677
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Lol...my jeep is faster with no demon tune...

Demin must use fairy dust that ither dont have in their tunes. Who does the tuning for.demon?


Please tone down on the f words and thrashing of other members....its not nice.....lol
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-16-2014, 01:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 316
Thanks: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 1675
dasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ops Auto Works View Post
So what is the fan doing for you if you say it's doing something?

See I know whats up with the tuning and no matter what you feel without a Dyno before and after this is all smoke up the ass.

A Tune is marginal results at best and thats a fact.
wow i thought you would be a bit more professional chad
the fan part can be tuned / programmed to come on when desired.

once again yet another person that has not tried the tuning and opening there uneducated mouth.
40+ kw at all the wheels yes is smoke and mirrors from my tires and what i see as i drive away.

and the only smoke is coming out of your ass because demon is the opposition and simply put the custom tunes from his shop (johan) works its that simple .

and i understand you guys have a bad history and you and scotty are mates so its a gangup thing on his shop.

But for me this isnt about shops or your little grudge, as a member ( no doubt ex member now ) im doing what im ment to , post on here in a re;event thread MY ACTUAL experience / results / thoughts on the topic of the 2014 tuning , and i i actually have it done and proved the gains i dont see how I continually become the target because you guys can just say ,
You know what ... he is right and he has shown the results its that simple
__________________
cheers dasko
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-16-2014, 01:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 316
Thanks: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 1675
dasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottina06 View Post
Lol...my jeep is faster with no demon tune...

Demin must use fairy dust that ither dont have in their tunes. Who does the tuning for.demon?


Please tone down on the f words and thrashing of other members....its not nice.....lol
sorry about the F scotty , i have corrected.

what were you trying to say Scotty as it was very jumbled like you were not in a right state of mind whilst typing that ummmm string of letters
__________________
cheers dasko
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-16-2014, 06:10 AM
DCRSRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hills District, Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,522
Thanks: 748
Thanked 158 Times in 122 Posts
Rep Power: 3516
DCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport

Whilst it is true, I haven bought a tuning device yet, I, like you read up as much as I can on the progress of tuning for our cars. Yes, you do have actual on the road experience that I don't have. And yes, you have seen some gains using the Demon "custom" tunes. I expect the reason you have a custom tune is because you have several other mods done to your car, headers, free flow exhaust and a CAI (not sure on that one). Given the mods you have fitted, and the custom tune, you stated you have a best 0-60 of 4.1 (which you also state as being .3 quicker than a RIPP fitted vehicle). All of your mods, tunes and dyno time have cost in excess of what, $3k (or closer to $7k if you include the GT Haus system which I think you said you no longer run with?). All that expense and sometimes frustration has gained you .4 of a second faster than my totally stock 4.5 (and 13.1 qtr mile)! In my, untested, opinion, your not going to feel .4 of a second in such a large car. I do have the Borla ATAK but we all know that's more for noise than performance. That means at $7k its costing you $1750.00 per .1 of a second. Worth it in a race/drag car perhaps, but not in a street driven 2tonne SUV wouldn't you agree? In all honesty, I simply cant afford that kind of money for such a small gain, I wish I could lol.


Now, I accept your point I don't know from personal experience, I accept your opinion that you can in fact 'feel' the 40 odd kw gains you said you have achieved, and I accept that until such time as I buy my own tuning device and get my own results that my opinion is just that, my opinion. We obviously disagree on the value of your mods versus the gains achieved, especially as I have done a 4.5 stock (and I believe a few other have too). I don't know what you mean about the fan thing though, I guess i'll have to read up on that?


At the end of the day, you are happy with your results and that is all that really matters. Hopefully one day, when its cheaper and more beneficial, I can join you in the sub 4 sec class.


Till then, peace out
__________________
MY14 Deep Cherry Red JGC SRT. Injen CAI. GT Haus Meisterschaft cat back. CLStech headlight ribbon mod. DBA T3 5000 rotors.
X-Lume Color Shift illuminated grille badge. X-Lume illuminated tow hitch cover badge. 22x10 Octane OC500 wheels.


Join us on Facebook:
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-16-2014, 06:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 316
Thanks: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 1675
dasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond reputedasko76 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRSRT View Post
Whilst it is true, I haven bought a tuning device yet, I, like you read up as much as I can on the progress of tuning for our cars. Yes, you do have actual on the road experience that I don't have. And yes, you have seen some gains using the Demon "custom" tunes. I expect the reason you have a custom tune is because you have several other mods done to your car, headers, free flow exhaust and a CAI (not sure on that one). Given the mods you have fitted, and the custom tune, you stated you have a best 0-60 of 4.1 (which you also state as being .3 quicker than a RIPP fitted vehicle). All of your mods, tunes and dyno time have cost in excess of what, $3k (or closer to $7k if you include the GT Haus system which I think you said you no longer run with?). All that expense and sometimes frustration has gained you .4 of a second faster than my totally stock 4.5 (and 13.1 qtr mile)! In my, untested, opinion, your not going to feel .4 of a second in such a large car. I do have the Borla ATAK but we all know that's more for noise than performance. That means at $7k its costing you $1750.00 per .1 of a second. Worth it in a race/drag car perhaps, but not in a street driven 2tonne SUV wouldn't you agree? In all honesty, I simply cant afford that kind of money for such a small gain, I wish I could lol.


Now, I accept your point I don't know from personal experience, I accept your opinion that you can in fact 'feel' the 40 odd kw gains you said you have achieved, and I accept that until such time as I buy my own tuning device and get my own results that my opinion is just that, my opinion. We obviously disagree on the value of your mods versus the gains achieved, especially as I have done a 4.5 stock (and I believe a few other have too). I don't know what you mean about the fan thing though, I guess i'll have to read up on that?


At the end of the day, you are happy with your results and that is all that really matters. Hopefully one day, when its cheaper and more beneficial, I can join you in the sub 4 sec class.


Till then, peace out
respect to you my fellow member. and in all honesty you seriously can feel the difference.
if im your way id be happy to let you take it for a run so then you to will see why i get such a bee in my bonnet.

(and ive had a really crap day, so reading this before bed, once again )
__________________
cheers dasko
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-16-2014, 09:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,607
Thanks: 128
Thanked 272 Times in 157 Posts
Rep Power: 293562
Black Ops Auto Works has disabled reputation
Re: 2014 Jeep SRT tuning..... Diablosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasko76 View Post
wow i thought you would be a bit more professional chad
the fan part can be tuned / programmed to come on when desired.

once again yet another person that has not tried the tuning and opening there uneducated mouth.
40+ kw at all the wheels yes is smoke and mirrors from my tires and what i see as i drive away.

and the only smoke is coming out of your ass because demon is the opposition and simply put the custom tunes from his shop (johan) works its that simple .

and i understand you guys have a bad history and you and scotty are mates so its a gangup thing on his shop.

But for me this isnt about shops or your little grudge, as a member ( no doubt ex member now ) im doing what im ment to , post on here in a re;event thread MY ACTUAL experience / results / thoughts on the topic of the 2014 tuning , and i i actually have it done and proved the gains i dont see how I continually become the target because you guys can just say ,
You know what ... he is right and he has shown the results its that simple

Sorry you felt it as a personal attack it has 0 to do with the other shop so lets get that straight!!! I stated facts it was rather simple and and innocent and you are attacking me and calling me unprofessional. To make accusations about myself and Scott being Mates not sure what your comments have to do with any of my questions.

Lets get my questions answered I am not falling into a back and forth with you like I see some shops do with you for no good reason at all.

Here is the question broken down with no smart ass/Unpriofessional Smoke Up Ass comment (as that's how I guess you took it).

What are the fans doing for you?

Do you have any Dyno results?

See the world I live in a tune to changing shift points to make it shift sooner or later to make it feel like it's going faster or leaning something out to try to make power or turning fans on and off proves noting a DYNO is where it's at.

If your happy great that's awesome don't think I questioned your happiness or told you "You are full of S**t you can't feel results it's all BS"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014, 2014 jeep srt, diablo, diablosport, intune, jeep, jeep srt, johan, SRT, trinity, tuning

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
White 2014 SRT :: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 5.7summit Member Garage Discussions 5 03-04-2014 04:52 PM
2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Front Badge mangoe Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 4 01-24-2014 09:24 PM
2014 SRT :: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT RockstarSRT Member Garage Discussions 0 08-26-2013 06:46 PM
Diablosport Predator tuning issues.. No Cruise control, and Cant Change tire sizes. 05HemiGcherokee Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 1 06-27-2010 08:05 PM
HEMI 5.7L - 6.1 DiabloSport Trinity Engine Tuning Module ducks unlimited Performance Modifications 5 12-10-2009 02:17 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.