Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 04-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 30
Thanks: 11
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 803
wk2srt8oz is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Rear Bumper SRT Logo

Mikenice23 - all the items I have received to date from JFJ are official Mopar products (unless it says specifically otherwise) - the photo for the hitch cover was taken and posted by JFJ when I asked to confirm that the part I found was the one with the SRT logo (some of their listed items dont have pictures) - I dont know how you could tell from the photo if it was official Mopar ("looks a bit different") or not?? - it is as far as I know.

Phillysrt - If you do a search for the part number - 68157472AA, or "SRT Hitch Bezel" or just "SRT Hitch" it comes up pretty quickly
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:09 PM
phillysrt's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelpha, PA
Posts: 915
Thanks: 217
Thanked 71 Times in 64 Posts
Rep Power: 1878
phillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wk2srt8oz View Post
Mikenice23 - all the items I have received to date from JFJ are official Mopar products (unless it says specifically otherwise) - the photo for the hitch cover was taken and posted by JFJ when I asked to confirm that the part I found was the one with the SRT logo (some of their listed items dont have pictures) - I dont know how you could tell from the photo if it was official Mopar ("looks a bit different") or not?? - it is as far as I know.

Phillysrt - If you do a search for the part number - 68157472AA, or "SRT Hitch Bezel" or just "SRT Hitch" it comes up pretty quickly
Yup I found where you found it now. I tried to get an answer from srt engineers about if it will 100% fit. I really believe it will
__________________

__________________

Dominic From Philly
2014 SRT DEEP CHERRY RED
2010 GC SRT8 (Retired But Not Forgotten)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,616
Thanks: 896
Thanked 1,126 Times in 772 Posts
Rep Power: 7718607
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 Rear Bumper SRT Logo

the rear bumper was not changed at all. One of you 14' guys get the last 8 of your vin# and call Corey at justforjeeps. he will confirm its the same cover
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 238
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1077
Fght On is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Rear Bumper SRT Logo

I already started a thread about adding a tow package. The cover is a direct fit replacement. You can add the hitch from jeep but you can't add all the harnesses. My dealer in Chi did extensive research for me and was told that towing on the new 8 speed tranny w/o the tow package from the factory will harm the tranny. There are people on here that disagree but I'm not taking my chances. I didn't buy an SRT to tow - I just wanted the etched cover.

Also, you can find the etched hitch cover at other places for about $120. I wouldn't pay more than that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-01-2013, 03:56 PM
TangoWhisky's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Vancouver, BC
Posts: 53
Thanks: 12
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 878
TangoWhisky has a reputation beyond reputeTangoWhisky has a reputation beyond reputeTangoWhisky has a reputation beyond reputeTangoWhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Rear Bumper SRT Logo

Thanks everyone for the dialogue on the cover, I ordered one from justforjeeps.com.
__________________
Current Rides - Black 2014 Jeep SRT; Firesand Orange Metallic 2014 Jaguar F-Type V8S Roadster
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 85
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1165
journeyguy is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Rear Bumper SRT Logo

I'll also order one today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoWhisky View Post
Thanks everyone for the dialogue on the cover, I ordered one from justforjeeps.com.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmond Oklahoma
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 677
Nighthawk45 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Rear Bumper SRT Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fght On View Post
I already started a thread about adding a tow package. The cover is a direct fit replacement. You can add the hitch from jeep but you can't add all the harnesses. My dealer in Chi did extensive research for me and was told that towing on the new 8 speed tranny w/o the tow package from the factory will harm the tranny. There are people on here that disagree but I'm not taking my chances. I didn't buy an SRT to tow - I just wanted the etched cover.

Also, you can find the etched hitch cover at other places for about $120. I wouldn't pay more than that.
Don't know for sure about the 2014, but I added the tow hitch and harness to my 2013. Mine already had the main harness in place and I just needed the pig tail to tie into it. Factory hitch bar is a direct bolt on that replaces the rear bumper brace and it is a PITA to install as the entire rear fascia must be removed. The only thing the dealership did is update the Vin information on my SRT in their system to include the tow package.

For everyone who is installing the SRT hitch cover piece, you will need the spring loaded twist locks from your old cover because the new one I received did not come with those.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-04-2013, 06:50 PM
TangoWhisky's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Vancouver, BC
Posts: 53
Thanks: 12
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 878
TangoWhisky has a reputation beyond reputeTangoWhisky has a reputation beyond reputeTangoWhisky has a reputation beyond reputeTangoWhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Rear Bumper SRT Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoWhisky View Post
Thanks everyone for the dialogue on the cover, I ordered one from justforjeeps.com.
Installed mine today and it looks great!!!!
__________________
Current Rides - Black 2014 Jeep SRT; Firesand Orange Metallic 2014 Jaguar F-Type V8S Roadster
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-04-2013, 07:41 PM
DjinnBabba's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DC Metro Area
Posts: 137
Thanks: 14
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1114
DjinnBabba is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk45 View Post

...
For everyone who is installing the SRT hitch cover piece, you will need the spring loaded twist locks from your old cover because the new one I received did not come with those.

Thanks for the tip. Ordered mine today.
__________________
Old Rides: '87 Buick Century, '96 Ford Taurus, '97 Toyota RAV4, '03 Infiniti FX35

Current Rides: '02 Lexus RX300, '13 Infiniti JX35

Daily Beast: '14 Jeep GC SRT
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-04-2013, 08:24 PM
AnotherSRT's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 61
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 676
AnotherSRT is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: 2014 Rear Bumper SRT Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim383 View Post
I have it on my 2012 and to be honest you really cant see the SRT logo untill your real close. Now it would be nice if the logo came from the factory painted sliver or white so you could see it from a distance.
They have one on Ebay i saw it, any color you want...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-09-2013, 12:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 601
JiggleSauce is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Rear Bumper SRT Logo

Definitely picking this up soon. Looks great.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-19-2013, 02:21 PM
boss.man's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Doha
Posts: 267
Thanks: 96
Thanked 27 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 580591
boss.man has a reputation beyond reputeboss.man has a reputation beyond reputeboss.man has a reputation beyond reputeboss.man has a reputation beyond reputeboss.man has a reputation beyond reputeboss.man has a reputation beyond reputeboss.man has a reputation beyond reputeboss.man has a reputation beyond reputeboss.man has a reputation beyond reputeboss.man has a reputation beyond reputeboss.man has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Rear Bumper SRT Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk45 View Post
Don't know for sure about the 2014, but I added the tow hitch and harness to my 2013. Mine already had the main harness in place and I just needed the pig tail to tie into it. Factory hitch bar is a direct bolt on that replaces the rear bumper brace and it is a PITA to install as the entire rear fascia must be removed. The only thing the dealership did is update the Vin information on my SRT in their system to include the tow package.

For everyone who is installing the SRT hitch cover piece, you will need the spring loaded twist locks from your old cover because the new one I received did not come with those.
how did you get the spring loaded twist locks out from the old cover, because I tried and i couldn't get them out, didn't want to apply too much force because its plastic, and it will definitely break
__________________

__________________
2014 Billet Silver Grand Cherokee SRT (My Beater)
2012 Ducati 1100 Monster EVO (My Baby)

Twitter/Instagram: @abuimad
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear SRT bumper Ronsse610 Interior/Exterior/Visual 27 05-06-2013 07:28 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.