2015 exhaust choices - Page 3 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 10-14-2015, 03:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 35
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 796
nathanm is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

Yeah they must be popular because I could get it delivered too the Goldcoast for $1960, 3 months ago....


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #26  
Old 10-15-2015, 05:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 90
Thanks: 2
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 615
MexicanBatman is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

That's what I was quoted for it fitted

It's a bit different to most aftermarket systems

They are all similar but the DPE has an extra set of resonators just around the diff area

Was also quoted around $1960 for a magnaflow fitted

Paid $1300 for it and fitted for $100

Easy to fit yourself if you have ramps
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-15-2015, 08:15 AM
Ollie's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 130
Thanks: 26
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 652
Ollie is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

Since it's been over ten years since I've worked on a car, I thought of doing it myself. It would be fun.

But I have to get the whole suspension changed, also. So, I've decided to drop it off, for a day.

I can't wait. Brrraaap!

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1444911313.117068.jpg


Cheers,
Ollie
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-20-2015, 05:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 90
Thanks: 2
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 615
MexicanBatman is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

https://youtu.be/orQ3pCuO294

Quick rev of my magnaflow

Will get a vid up of it under load soon

Listen with good audio and no on a phone, otherwise you'll miss out on the deep tone it has


And the pipes aren't black, I just hit them with a rattle can as I like the look
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-20-2015, 07:06 AM
Ollie's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 130
Thanks: 26
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 652
Ollie is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

You're killing me, Jeffe. This beast sounds awesome!

Can't wait for next week.


Cheers,
Ollie
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-23-2015, 08:06 AM
SRT82H8's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 34
Thanks: 172
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 553
SRT82H8 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm View Post
Not sure where you are Ollie, but if your in Australia, Herrod Motorsport has RHD Kooks headers...and Rob is a no nonsense kind of guys as well.


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
I have just been in contact with Herrod Motorsports about getting a quote for some Kooks headers for my 2014 and was quoted $2980 for the header and cat kit by John the office manager. Has anybody else gone through them for the Kooks and is my quote near what was paid?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-23-2015, 08:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mass.
Posts: 1,607
Thanks: 128
Thanked 272 Times in 157 Posts
Rep Power: 293563
Black Ops Auto Works has disabled reputation
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT82H8 View Post
I have just been in contact with Herrod Motorsports about getting a quote for some Kooks headers for my 2014 and was quoted $2980 for the header and cat kit by John the office manager. Has anybody else gone through them for the Kooks and is my quote near what was paid?
I sell Kooks for 1,746 no cats free shipping.

If you have a freight forwarder in the USA I can ship to them for free for you.

Shipping to Aussy. would have to come out to 1,234.00 ontop of the 1,746 price to match the 2,980 price tag.

IMO any freight forwarder will be in the 300-600 shipping range to Aussy for LT and Midpipes.

With cats my cost is 2322.00 free shipping in the USA. Now adding a freight forwarders quote on top of the green cats pricing your just about at their at 2,980.00 that's a more than fair price to pay.

Now if they are installing them with green cats that price is a steal of 2,980.00

Hope this helps yu make a decision.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Ops Auto Works For This Useful Post:
  #32  
Old 10-23-2015, 08:37 AM
SRT82H8's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 34
Thanks: 172
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 553
SRT82H8 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ops Auto Works View Post
I sell Kooks for 1,746 no cats free shipping.

If you have a freight forwarder in the USA I can ship to them for free for you.

Shipping to Aussy. would have to come out to 1,234.00 ontop of the 1,746 price to match the 2,980 price tag.

IMO any freight forwarder will be in the 300-600 shipping range to Aussy for LT and Midpipes.

With cats my cost is 2322.00 free shipping in the USA. Now adding a freight forwarders quote on top of the green cats pricing your just about at their at 2,980.00 that's a more than fair price to pay.

Now if they are installing them with green cats that price is a steal of 2,980.00

Hope this helps yu make a decision.
Yeah, sounds about right to me and as John said, due to the weakness of our dollar against yours he has had to up the price a little which is understandable. I am getting my exhaust fabricator to install so will save a few hundred $$ on the install. I was looking at ordering them through you guys but was not sure if you sold the RHD headers so figure my best option is to bite the bullet and pull the trigger on the ones from Herrod's. Thanks for enlightening me my friend
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SRT82H8 For This Useful Post:
  #33  
Old 10-23-2015, 03:53 PM
JB 15 SRT's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 216
Thanks: 57
Thanked 69 Times in 53 Posts
Rep Power: 15112
JB 15 SRT has a reputation beyond reputeJB 15 SRT has a reputation beyond reputeJB 15 SRT has a reputation beyond reputeJB 15 SRT has a reputation beyond reputeJB 15 SRT has a reputation beyond reputeJB 15 SRT has a reputation beyond reputeJB 15 SRT has a reputation beyond reputeJB 15 SRT has a reputation beyond reputeJB 15 SRT has a reputation beyond reputeJB 15 SRT has a reputation beyond reputeJB 15 SRT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT82H8 View Post
Yeah, sounds about right to me and as John said, due to the weakness of our dollar against yours he has had to up the price a little which is understandable. I am getting my exhaust fabricator to install so will save a few hundred $$ on the install. I was looking at ordering them through you guys but was not sure if you sold the RHD headers so figure my best option is to bite the bullet and pull the trigger on the ones from Herrod's. Thanks for enlightening me my friend

An awesome deal, I paid $2,450 AUD for just the Borla cat back only no headers. I then had it installed with springs and an alignment for $450.

Mate, as a fellow Canberrian I'd love to hear your beast once it's done! I'm thinking about getting the headers at some stage.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2015 Borla 'ATAK' Catback | RM Mids | 20% Front Tints | Debadged | SRT tow hitch bezel | Fastman Oversize TB | JMS PedalMax | Injen Intake | Mishimoto Tstat | Gloss black grill rings |
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-27-2015, 07:49 AM
SRT82H8's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 34
Thanks: 172
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 553
SRT82H8 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB 15 SRT View Post
An awesome deal, I paid $2,450 AUD for just the Borla cat back only no headers. I then had it installed with springs and an alignment for $450.

Mate, as a fellow Canberrian I'd love to hear your beast once it's done! I'm thinking about getting the headers at some stage.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Yeah the Jeep already had the axle back Borla on it when I bought it 3 months ago and have been quoted nearl $4K for a Borla cat back lol so am just going to get my brother-in-law (exhaust fabricator) to fabricate a custom 3" mid-section to tie in with my Borla and the headers when I finally pull the trigger on them at the end of the year. When it is all put on and tuned right I would be more than happy to meet up show you how it sounds hey
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SRT82H8 For This Useful Post:
  #35  
Old 12-24-2015, 02:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 90
Thanks: 2
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 615
MexicanBatman is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

herrod told me theres a difference between RHD and LHD so best research that first before purchasing

heres a vid of the magnaflow

catback only in this vid

supplied for $1300 AUD locally from a place in dandenong and was $150 to fit
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

heres a drive by sound

sorry about the planes

ill get a good one on a quiet night
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MexicanBatman For This Useful Post:
  #36  
Old 12-30-2015, 04:17 AM
SRT82H8's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 34
Thanks: 172
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 553
SRT82H8 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 exhaust choices

Yeah cheers for that, there are definitely differences with the RHD and LHD Kooks set-ups and Herrods have assured me they can supply the RHD Kooks headers for our rides. From the research I have done I understand that fitment may be a little fiddly but my brother-in-law is a top notch exhaust mechanic with his own shop so I have faith in him to get it all sorted haha Plus he will fabricate the custom X-Pipe for next to nothing which is icing on the cake. I'll post vids once it's all installed (before and after) in a month or two haha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2015, exhaust

« Lowered vehicles & position sensor | Made the switch from WK1 to WK2 »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie! Need Help with oil and gas choices dansanch Grand Cherokee - WK 35 05-13-2010 12:25 PM
Rim choices JRsmoothee Visual Modifications 31 04-11-2010 02:41 AM
So many choices xjrob Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 24 12-09-2009 10:36 PM
Need Some Help with Wheel Choices and what to do. Chuck Visual Modifications 76 10-10-2009 12:01 AM
Alarm Choices for WK. TimmyB Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 21 06-23-2009 05:53 PM

» Random Garages

2015 Jeep Trailhawk

usmcp

SNOW WHITE

casper
Add your Jeep
» Recent Threads
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.