Originally Posted by bmrisko
Does anyone know if the Active Noise Control system will be able to be turned off? I guess I'll find out in a few weeks when mine arrives, but it would be nice if the driver can disable it to still hear the engine & exhaust if they so desire.
I don't believe that it can be turned off, I will see if I can get more info.
Here are some details of system operation:
• The Active Noise Control (ANC) module performs the creation of signals appropriate to cancel engine order related
vehicle noises from the engine. It creates these signals in proportion to the Engine RPM plus any other needed input.
• The ANC module obtains the engine RPM from the vehicle Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
• The signals that the ANC module creates includes at least four simultaneous signals equivalent to sine wave
frequencies in designated ratios tracking the engine RPM, to cancel engine order related noises, plus other optional
signals that can enhance the cancellation effect.
• To maintain the effectiveness of the noise cancellation over the full range of vehicle operating conditions and
seating locations, the ANC module has four outputs and process signals from four microphone assemblies located in
• The ANC module supports mixing the four ANC signals into any output channel at a point after all of the signal
• The ANC module operates on vehicle battery power and has its state of operation controlled by CAN-B bus
• In addition to performing active noise cancellation, the ANC module supplies power to the loudspeakers.