Desperate for 22" vredestein - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 08-24-2015, 08:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 32
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1076
peteyg39 is on a distinguished road
Re: Desperate for 22" vredestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertoad View Post
You're SOL unfortunately...change out to Nankang 295/35/22, love them on mine, and $600 for all 4!
Do you have any descent pics of yours?!?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 08-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 47 Times in 36 Posts
Rep Power: 972
vipertoad is on a distinguished road
Re: Desperate for 22" vredestein

Yes, check out my thread, took a bunch of new pics yesterday:

Vipertoad White 2014 Build
__________________
Alpine White 2014 SRT Jeep / Pano / HK Sound
Injen Intake / Road Magnet Mid Drop Springs
StainlessWorks Headers / HFC's / Catback
XO Caracas 22x10.5 / CLS DRL Mod
360awhp / 350awtq - DiabloTuned by Johan
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Hitchhiking
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,264
Thanks: 9
Thanked 189 Times in 166 Posts
Rep Power: 0
skunkd is on a distinguished road
Desperate for 22" vredestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyg39 View Post
Do you have any descent pics of yours?!?

If you don't mind a louder and stiffer ride than name brand tires they should be fine. I had them on my X5 for a little bit and didn't mind them but did notice a fair difference in noise/comfort when I went back to pirelli's (non run flats) on it.

Then again the pirelli's were more than double the price so it's a fair trade off

For the money I'd say it's a decent tire. They usually run narrow like most other Chinese tires. You can match the actual specs online to find out easily though to compare them. I'd say Chinese manufacturers 295's would probably be like other manufacturers 265's or 275's depending on the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 32
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1076
peteyg39 is on a distinguished road
Re: Desperate for 22" vredestein

Looks really really good!! Thanks for sending me the link!! I kinda like the tire actually!!! Any chance you know how wide they are? I can't find it on their website!! I'd be interested to know how wide they are compared to the 305 Vred!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 32
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1076
peteyg39 is on a distinguished road
Re: Desperate for 22" vredestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertoad View Post
Yes, check out my thread, took a bunch of new pics yesterday:

Vipertoad White 2014 Build
Looks really really good!! Thanks for sending me the link!! I kinda like the tire actually!!! Any chance you know how wide they are? I can't find it on their website!! I'd be interested to know how wide they are compared to the 305 Vred!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-24-2015, 08:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 32
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1076
peteyg39 is on a distinguished road
Re: Desperate for 22" vredestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkd View Post
If you don't mind a louder and stiffer ride than name brand tires they should be fine. I had them on my X5 for a little bit and didn't mind them but did notice a fair difference in noise/comfort when I went back to pirelli's (non run flats) on it.

Then again the pirelli's were more than double the price so it's a fair trade off

For the money I'd say it's a decent tire. They usually run narrow like most other Chinese tires. You can match the actual specs online to find out easily though to compare them. I'd say Chinese manufacturers 295's would probably be like other manufacturers 265's or 275's depending on the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Thanks for your input!! I'm def interested to find out how wide the are compared to what I have now!!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 32
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1076
peteyg39 is on a distinguished road
Re: Desperate for 22" vredestein

I'm now considering buying 4 new tires to replace the Vreds. It's gonna drive me nuts to have different tires on this thing!! I would then have 3 nearly mint condition Vred 305/35r22 for sale gonna make a real post when I get new rubber and the old ones off! If anyone is interested in 1 or 3 let me know!!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Hitchhiking
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,264
Thanks: 9
Thanked 189 Times in 166 Posts
Rep Power: 0
skunkd is on a distinguished road
Re: Desperate for 22" vredestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyg39 View Post
I'm now considering buying 4 new tires to replace the Vreds. It's gonna drive me nuts to have different tires on this thing!! I would then have 3 nearly mint condition Vred 305/35r22 for sale gonna make a real post when I get new rubber and the old ones off! If anyone is interested in 1 or 3 let me know!!
The Nankang specs:
Size Service Index Sidewall SW OD Max Load Single UTQG
295/35R22 108V OBL 11.9 30.1 2205@55 420AAA

Pirelli specs (couldn't find vred specs anywhere):
Size Service Index Sidewall SW OD Max Load Single UTQG
305/35R22 110W BSW 12.01 30.41 XL 420AAA

the height is the difference you get a little more sidewall protection with the 305's (.31" inch more height / .101" more width) but at a premium for cost. The height makes the 305's fill the 10.5 inch rims out more obviously but if you can live with the nankangs you'll be saving alot.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skunkd For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 08-25-2015, 09:08 AM
CLStech's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: RTP, NC
Posts: 2,099
Thanks: 1,251
Thanked 556 Times in 380 Posts
Rep Power: 1548325
CLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Desperate for 22" vredestein

still need to find the "actual" width. 295 in one brand is not equal to 295 in another unfortunately.
__________________
The Albino: 2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Bright White - Black/Sepia - Black Chrome - Tow Package - High Performance Audio - Pano Roof
*Debadged | Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Reflective Caliper Wrap | Billet Technology Catch Can & Accesories | Injen Intake | LED Interior Swap | LED Puddle/Entry Lighting | Lower Grill Badge | Tint | 6000K Headlights | 3000K Foglights | Road Magnet Mid Springs | Headlight DRL Mod | RAX Jailbreak | Rear Fog Lights | Electronic Cutouts | BlackOps End Links | Borla S-type | Velgen VMB5 22x10.5*
Instagram: CLStech
Twitter: CLStech
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-25-2015, 09:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 32
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1076
peteyg39 is on a distinguished road
Re: Desperate for 22" vredestein

Does anyone know if the Nitto 420s in 305/40r22 is an option for the SRT?!? Wouldn't mind a little more sidewall but I don't know if it would rub or not!! Stock height not lowered!!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-25-2015, 09:52 AM
A-kon's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Houston, Mexico
Posts: 718
Thanks: 157
Thanked 169 Times in 116 Posts
Rep Power: 24154
A-kon has a reputation beyond reputeA-kon has a reputation beyond reputeA-kon has a reputation beyond reputeA-kon has a reputation beyond reputeA-kon has a reputation beyond reputeA-kon has a reputation beyond reputeA-kon has a reputation beyond reputeA-kon has a reputation beyond reputeA-kon has a reputation beyond reputeA-kon has a reputation beyond reputeA-kon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Desperate for 22" vredestein

Please do NOT put Chinese tires on this vehicle. Please. I beg.

This is coming from someone (ME!!!) who has been to China over 30 times, imports from over 40 manufacturers, and also manufacturers there. Even more, I helped import Chinese 18 wheeler tires for a local scrap yard to use (not highway use) and they are not safe. The quality control is not reliable and it's definitely a gamble running them. You can have safe set after safe set and you can also have catastrophic failures without warning. Sorry but it had to be said.
__________________
Certified Elitist.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-25-2015, 09:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 32
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1076
peteyg39 is on a distinguished road
Re: Desperate for 22" vredestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-kon View Post
Please do NOT put Chinese tires on this vehicle. Please. I beg.

This is coming from someone (ME!!!) who has been to China over 30 times, imports from over 40 manufacturers, and also manufacturers there. Even more, I helped import Chinese 18 wheeler tires for a local scrap yard to use (not highway use) and they are not safe. The quality control is not reliable and it's definitely a gamble running them. You can have safe set after safe set and you can also have catastrophic failures without warning. Sorry but it had to be said.
Thanks man I appreciate your input and concern!!! My wife does drive this with our baby in it daily and I sure do want a safe tire!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to find Vredestein 305/35/22 for sale vipertoad Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 1 06-13-2015 06:41 PM
Looking for Vredestein tires mannysrt8 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK 6 02-17-2015 09:38 AM
Vredestein 275/315 Combo from Black Ops Autoworks MichiganSRT8 Member Product Reviews 0 07-03-2013 07:24 PM
Need desperate help P0443 Overstreet Troubleshooting/Problems 3 09-23-2012 08:07 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.