Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please. - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 11-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 43
Thanks: 16
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 525
Russellk22 is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

Hello there! I am actually in the same situation. I actually just moved from the OC in CA, out here to CO. I just bought an JGC Altitude, but I want to add the SRT to our family. The dealer said they would be willing to go at Invoice which is about 68K. My trade (at least due to my research through KBB) is worth about 9K. And I agree with the previous posts about the amount of mileage and what they are willing to budge on the price. I know when I purchased my Altitude out here, the sales guy said the according to CO state law, any vehicle with over 1,500 miles is considered 'used' regardless if it has been bought or not. Keep me posted on your progress if you don't mind. I am wanting to buy mine within the next 3 weeks.

And what is question play?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 11-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 509
Thanks: 20
Thanked 79 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 2808
GlowingGhoul has a reputation beyond reputeGlowingGhoul has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellk22 View Post
Hello there! I am actually in the same situation. I actually just moved from the OC in CA, out here to CO. I just bought an JGC Altitude, but I want to add the SRT to our family. The dealer said they would be willing to go at Invoice which is about 68K. My trade (at least due to my research through KBB) is worth about 9K. And I agree with the previous posts about the amount of mileage and what they are willing to budge on the price. I know when I purchased my Altitude out here, the sales guy said the according to CO state law, any vehicle with over 1,500 miles is considered 'used' regardless if it has been bought or not. Keep me posted on your progress if you don't mind. I am wanting to buy mine within the next 3 weeks.

And what is question play?
You should insist on 2% below invoice. It's easily achievable, even on a factory order SRT.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 43
Thanks: 16
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 525
Russellk22 is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

Do you think so? It is the same dealer that I dropped money on a new Altitude less than two months ago. They have one 2015 SRT (that I want) and they even still have a 2014 on the lot. The sales guy emailed me last night and said (to paraphrase) 'that his boss is willing to sell it at invoice. he said most dealers sell above MSRP, so getting it at invoice would be a steal.'

I just think they should deal with me a little more because 1) it is end of the year, and 2) I just purchased a JGC.

Thank you again for the reply.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 509
Thanks: 20
Thanked 79 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 2808
GlowingGhoul has a reputation beyond reputeGlowingGhoul has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellk22 View Post
Do you think so? It is the same dealer that I dropped money on a new Altitude less than two months ago. They have one 2015 SRT (that I want) and they even still have a 2014 on the lot. The sales guy emailed me last night and said (to paraphrase) 'that his boss is willing to sell it at invoice. he said most dealers sell above MSRP, so getting it at invoice would be a steal.'

I just think they should deal with me a little more because 1) it is end of the year, and 2) I just purchased a JGC.

Thank you again for the reply.
I've helped a dozen people in the last year factory order brand new jeeps. I assure you 2% below invoice is easy, even with an SRT.

Search for one in inventory on jeep.com and call the dealer and tell them if they'll give it to you for 2% below invoice you'll buy it immediately. Someone will bite, they always do.

Remember, you can have it serviced at any dealer, so don't feel obligated to buy it locally.


End of year isn't a factor with the SRT because they make so few of them. They're still cranking out 2015's. My friend was able to slip in a 2015 factory order last week....doesn't want to take any chances with the new electric steering and aluminum suspension components coming in 2016.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-03-2015, 12:59 PM
overlanding's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,476
Thanks: 809
Thanked 225 Times in 197 Posts
Rep Power: 8460
overlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

Autonation Chrysler Jeep West Golden (Denver) is where I bought my last GC. I noticed they have like 5 new SRTs in stock. Maybe check them out and see if they'll deal. I could even give you my sales persons name, she was awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 43
Thanks: 16
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 525
Russellk22 is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

I will definitely take note. When I bought the Altitude, they weren't very willing to deal. I even had the college grad discount, along with the military and paid 41. I will definitely look into the 2% below invoice and really try to stick to my guns.

Hey, that would be great. I was looking into Autonation, Centennial, and even Medved. If you want to private message me your info, that would be great. Or you can email me at russellk22@gmail.com. Did you get an SRT or other model?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russellk22 For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 11-03-2015, 01:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 172
Thanks: 121
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 676
rg171352 is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

If you get a dealer with a good offer, sometimes others are willing to match or beat the price. I was the lucky recipient of a bidding war between dealers. Don't forget that the end of the month also really matters for some of these guys.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rg171352 For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 11-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 43
Thanks: 16
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 525
Russellk22 is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

That is definitely a good point. I was going to get it on Saturday, but found out I needed to head out of the state for 3 weeks. Thus, It will put me closer to year end, as well as the end of November. I am hoping that perhaps a little competition may entice them to deal with me more. I mean, I have already bought a vehicle there recently, so I am hoping they take that into consideration.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 509
Thanks: 20
Thanked 79 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 2808
GlowingGhoul has a reputation beyond reputeGlowingGhoul has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellk22 View Post
That is definitely a good point. I was going to get it on Saturday, but found out I needed to head out of the state for 3 weeks. Thus, It will put me closer to year end, as well as the end of November. I am hoping that perhaps a little competition may entice them to deal with me more. I mean, I have already bought a vehicle there recently, so I am hoping they take that into consideration.
Previous purchases aren't likely to matter to them. That deal is done, commissions paid, and money spent.

Keep it simple: "If you agree to 2% below invoice, we have a deal, otherwise I'll try my luck elsewhere.".

You need to be firm, direct, and force them to give you an immediate answer. Telling them that if they agree to 2% they have a deal puts the ball in their court.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 43
Thanks: 16
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 525
Russellk22 is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

Very true! Want to come out to CO to deal for me

Thanks again for the advice. The altitude was my first new car in about 10 years since high school. According to KBB, my trade in would be worth about 9700. Any advice on how that would hold? It is super low miles, but about 10 years old with no accidents (05 Infiniti with less than 70K miles).
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-03-2015, 01:24 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 509
Thanks: 20
Thanked 79 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 2808
GlowingGhoul has a reputation beyond reputeGlowingGhoul has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellk22 View Post
Very true! Want to come out to CO to deal for me

Thanks again for the advice. The altitude was my first new car in about 10 years since high school. According to KBB, my trade in would be worth about 9700. Any advice on how that would hold? It is super low miles, but about 10 years old with no accidents (05 Infiniti with less than 70K miles).

The trade is a separate deal. Start with the purchase price on the new one, then, once you've gotten 2% below invoice on the purchase, let them make you an offer on the trade. Never accept the first trade offer and go back with a higher number. I find the second offer they give you on a trade is usually the best they will do.

Try to get the 2% below invoice over the phone. It's easier to avoid games and manipulation that way.

I typically buy all my jeeps without stepping foot in the dealership until I have to come in to sign the order.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlowingGhoul For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 11-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 172
Thanks: 121
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 676
rg171352 is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting ready to purchase JGC SRT, advice please.

I went for the same tactic basically. Negotiated the price of the car, then the trade afterwards. Finally I went for the maxcare from a completely different dealer.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rg171352 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
SRT

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Florida, ready to purchase 2014 JGC twou Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 02-16-2014 11:33 PM
ask for advice on getting a 2014 JGC roberti Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 5 03-10-2013 09:34 PM
Getting ready for Christmas WJ style SRTILL8 Grand Cherokee - WJ 24 04-06-2010 09:19 AM
Any pointers to getting ready for winter Grandcherokee51 Grand Cherokee - WK 35 11-16-2009 12:29 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.