Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #73  
Old 04-08-2013, 05:19 AM
DCRSRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hills District, Sydney Australia
Posts: 888
Thanks: 256
Thanked 51 Times in 43 Posts
Rep Power: 1793
DCRSRT is on a distinguished road
Re: Help needed in Australia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaker View Post
SRT8wannabe, 1k is sufficient, you will find that the dealers don't know much about the cars and you will know more.

Speak to the sales manager by the name of Paige, she is quite helpful.

Good luck, let us know how you go..
Thanks for that. The guy I spoke to had only been there a week, but he did refer to a woman there when trying to find an example of Redline.

Did you buy/order yours via her?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 AM
mrmaker's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Hills, Sydney
Posts: 348
Thanks: 37
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 1216
mrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help needed in Australia!

I did have a few ordering issues, Paige was the only one comptatent enough to know where to go and what to do.

Cheers
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Blue Mtns, Sydney
Posts: 132
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 871
Erina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help needed in Australia!

Hi All, Just found this forum but been waiting for a 2014 WK2 SRT for 2 months now. Placed a deposit of $1k with Nepean Motors at Penrith. They have confirmed I have an order in, have changed the order once ( I ordered the smaller sunroof with roof mounted DVD but that build is the less popular and would have meant more delay - dealer rang me to discuss ) and have a July delivery "expected date".
I have been told the price will be 2013 + 1 or 2 K.
Only had 4 colours available ( Black, Silver, Grey and Red ) -no white was available at the time. The Alpine White 2013 SRT8 is supposedly limited edition and not yet confirmed for 2014 model. This is all as per the dealer.

It seems on here there are a number of buyers who have placed deposits. Does anyone have a VIN number yet ? I have asked but no reply. Otherwise I just have to curb my impatience.

Originally I was looking at a ML Mercedes but the wife saw a GC onroad and liked it. I did some research, saw the huge price difference and better specs of the SRT and took the leap. Going to be quite a jump up from a SV6 Commodore when it finally gets here.
__________________
Gone to the dark side this time. 2016 SRT looking good
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 04-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 93
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 737
Rizzuto has a reputation beyond reputeRizzuto has a reputation beyond reputeRizzuto has a reputation beyond reputeRizzuto has a reputation beyond reputeRizzuto has a reputation beyond reputeRizzuto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help needed in Australia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erina View Post
Hi All, Just found this forum but been waiting for a 2014 WK2 SRT for 2 months now. Placed a deposit of $1k with Nepean Motors at Penrith. They have confirmed I have an order in, have changed the order once ( I ordered the smaller sunroof with roof mounted DVD but that build is the less popular and would have meant more delay - dealer rang me to discuss ) and have a July delivery "expected date".
I have been told the price will be 2013 + 1 or 2 K.
Only had 4 colours available ( Black, Silver, Grey and Red ) -no white was available at the time. The Alpine White 2013 SRT8 is supposedly limited edition and not yet confirmed for 2014 model. This is all as per the dealer.

It seems on here there are a number of buyers who have placed deposits. Does anyone have a VIN number yet ? I have asked but no reply. Otherwise I just have to curb my impatience.

Originally I was looking at a ML Mercedes but the wife saw a GC onroad and liked it. I did some research, saw the huge price difference and better specs of the SRT and took the leap. Going to be quite a jump up from a SV6 Commodore when it finally gets here.
Sounds like you haven't test driven yet? If so, then you might want to leave it that way. A test drive will just make you more impatient..

Regarding the VIN (E-number here in AU) you can get it if you hound them. Tell them you want an E-number or you'll walk. They need to get on the phone to Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge AU for this information. It's more work for them, but they'll do it now if pushed.

Otherwise, good luck!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Blue Mtns, Sydney
Posts: 132
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 871
Erina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help needed in Australia!

Test drove a 2013 SRT8 - and signed up straight after. Was all set to buy the 2013 then read of the 2014 model at Detroit. Dealer was ok to take my deposit for a 2014 although I did ask if 2013 was being "runout". They politely said no.
Prefer to get the 8 speed trans and the starwars instruments. I like my electronic toys and that instrument pack sounds like fun.
__________________
Gone to the dark side this time. 2016 SRT looking good
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-10-2013, 04:29 AM
DCRSRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hills District, Sydney Australia
Posts: 888
Thanks: 256
Thanked 51 Times in 43 Posts
Rep Power: 1793
DCRSRT is on a distinguished road
Re: Help needed in Australia!

Erina, what did you end up ordering and what price were you quoted? PM me if you prefer.

Perhaps us Aussie guys can get a group price if we all by from one dealer? Or at least play dealers against each other for our business?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Blue Mtns, Sydney
Posts: 132
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 871
Erina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8wannabe View Post
Erina, what did you end up ordering and what price were you quoted? PM me if you prefer.

Perhaps us Aussie guys can get a group price if we all by from one dealer? Or at least play dealers against each other for our business?
I have a fairly standard SRT ordered in red but will go to the dealer tomorrow with the wife to nail the final colour I was told today I can still change colour as the car is scheduled for build next week. Not too sure about that as they can't give me a vin yet

Pano roof and HK sound system. Final price is sitting around 91K which is pretty well rep with no discount. Full dealer delivery etc etc.

I would be fine trying to play the dealers off but don't wants risk my "place in the queue" so not sure. Might ask the Penrith dealer tomorrow about it and see what he says. Can't hurt to ask.
__________________
Gone to the dark side this time. 2016 SRT looking good
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gundaroo, Aust
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 553
patch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erina View Post

I have a fairly standard SRT ordered in red but will go to the dealer tomorrow with the wife to nail the final colour I was told today I can still change colour as the car is scheduled for build next week. Not too sure about that as they can't give me a vin yet

Pano roof and HK sound system. Final price is sitting around 91K which is pretty well rep with no discount. Full dealer delivery etc etc.

I would be fine trying to play the dealers off but don't wants risk my "place in the queue" so not sure. Might ask the Penrith dealer tomorrow about it and see what he says. Can't hurt to ask.
That's the right price... I had the same order but with a tow pack and it was that price. I can walk away from the contract at inspection if I'm not happy... He has also stated that the price will reflect any savings but will not increase.

I pushed for my VIN yesterday... See what happens.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gundaroo, Aust
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 553
patch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by patch View Post

That's the right price... I had the same order but with a tow pack and it was that price. I can walk away from the contract at inspection if I'm not happy... He has also stated that the price will reflect any savings but will not increase.

I pushed for my VIN yesterday... See what happens.
I pushed the dealer for a VIN and he asked CJ Aust who stated that they dont have it... the best they can offer is Jul/Aug. I read in one if these threads that somewhere in Oz, someone has been given a VIN?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Gundaroo, Aust
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 553
patch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by patch View Post

I pushed the dealer for a VIN and he asked CJ Aust who stated that they dont have it... the best they can offer is Jul/Aug. I read in one if these threads that somewhere in Oz, someone has been given a VIN?
Mushroom... this forum knows more than dealers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 AM
DCRSRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hills District, Sydney Australia
Posts: 888
Thanks: 256
Thanked 51 Times in 43 Posts
Rep Power: 1793
DCRSRT is on a distinguished road
Re: Help needed in Australia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erina View Post
I have a fairly standard SRT ordered in red but will go to the dealer tomorrow with the wife to nail the final colour I was told today I can still change colour as the car is scheduled for build next week. Not too sure about that as they can't give me a vin yet

Pano roof and HK sound system. Final price is sitting around 91K which is pretty well rep with no discount. Full dealer delivery etc etc.

I would be fine trying to play the dealers off but don't wants risk my "place in the queue" so not sure. Might ask the Penrith dealer tomorrow about it and see what he says. Can't hurt to ask.

Thanks for the info. Might head out to Nepean myself and see what they have to say. $91k @ under 7% finance (as I was told). Wonder what that equates to per month?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-11-2013, 05:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Blue Mtns, Sydney
Posts: 132
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 871
Erina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8wannabe View Post

Thanks for the info. Might head out to Nepean myself and see what they have to say. $91k @ under 7% finance (as I was told). Wonder what that equates to per month?
I just happen to be an accountant. At 7% over 4 years with a 40% residual that would be approx $1520 per month.

Over 5 years and 35% residual it's $1357

Please check these with the finance supplier and don't hold me to it. Stamp duty on loan payments not included.
__________________

__________________
Gone to the dark side this time. 2016 SRT looking good
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community