Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-09-2014, 06:29 AM
DarkHue's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 640
DarkHue is on a distinguished road
Question How to uncover the towing hook in the back ?

I tried looking into the manual but couldn't find a method. Do I just pull it downwards, or is there a button somewhere ? I don't want to damage the thing.

Also, I don't have the SRT badge embossed on the tow hook cap. Does that mean that the car didn't come with a towing package ?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-09-2014, 08:38 AM
phillysrt's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelpha, PA
Posts: 880
Thanks: 210
Thanked 60 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 1764
phillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHue View Post
I tried looking into the manual but couldn't find a method. Do I just pull it downwards, or is there a button somewhere ? I don't want to damage the thing. Also, I don't have the SRT badge embossed on the tow hook cap. Does that mean that the car didn't come with a towing package ?
If you don't have the SRT logo in the back bezel then you do not have the towing package. If the bezel is flat and flows with the rest of the rear then no towing. But if the bezel bumps out a bit then you have the towing package
__________________

__________________

Dominic From Philly
2014 SRT DEEP CHERRY RED
2010 GC SRT8 (Retired But Not Forgotten)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:44 AM
DarkHue's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 640
DarkHue is on a distinguished road
Re: How to uncover the towing hook in the back ?

Here is a photo of the rear :



I thought these edges (marked in yellow) indicate that it's removable ??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:59 AM
phillysrt's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelpha, PA
Posts: 880
Thanks: 210
Thanked 60 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 1764
phillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHue View Post
Here is a photo of the rear : I thought these edges (marked in yellow) indicate that it's removable ??
Yes they are definitely removeable. I bought my rig without the tow package Because I don't have a use for towing. So what I did because I wanted the SRT bezel. I bought a new "tow package" bezel. The one with SRT in it and installed that

Look at my pic and zoom. You'll see the SRT bezel. These come standard on all SRT with tow package
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1805109417.jpg (492.6 KB, 85 views)
__________________

Dominic From Philly
2014 SRT DEEP CHERRY RED
2010 GC SRT8 (Retired But Not Forgotten)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:02 AM
DarkHue's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 640
DarkHue is on a distinguished road
Re: How to uncover the towing hook in the back ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysrt View Post
Yes they are definitely removeable. I bought my rig without the tow package Because I don't have a use for towing. So what I did because I wanted the SRT bezel. I bought a new "tow package" bezel. The one with SRT in it and installed that

Look at my pic and zoom. You'll see the SRT bezel. These come standard on all SRT with tow package
Oh that's nice !! Where can I get this ? I would like to replace mine with the SRT bezel as well.

So do I just pull it downwards or do I need to unscrew something or press a button ?

(Beautiful exhaust btw, is that a Borla ATAK ? )
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:09 AM
CLStech's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: RTP, NC
Posts: 1,118
Thanks: 380
Thanked 166 Times in 129 Posts
Rep Power: 1545536
CLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Look underneath the piece ( bottom of bumper) you should find two knobs on each side of the bezel. Rotate them until they pop out (they do not cone out completely). Remove bezel...
__________________
The Albino: 2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Bright White - Black/Sepia - Black Chrome - Tow Package - High Performance Audio - Pano Roof
*Debadged | Black Reflective Hitch Insert | Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Billet Technology Catch Can & Accesories | Injen Intake | LED Interior Swap | LED Puddle/Entry Lighting | Lower Grill Badge | Tint | 6000K Headlights | 3000K Foglights | Eibach Lowering Springs | Headlight DRL Mod | RAX Jailbreak | Rear Fog Lights | Electronic Cutouts | BlackOps End Links*
Instagram: CLStech
Twitter: CLStech
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:09 AM
phillysrt's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelpha, PA
Posts: 880
Thanks: 210
Thanked 60 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 1764
phillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHue View Post
Oh that's nice !! Where can I get this ? I would like to replace mine with the SRT bezel as well. So do I just pull it downwards or do I need to unscrew something or press a button ? (Beautiful exhaust btw, is that a Borla ATAK ? )
I believe you can order it on justforjeeps.com

Ya it's 2-3 simple pop in thing majigy. Takes little 2 mins for install. It's gotta be simple cause it's meant to be taken off in seconds for towing reason so don't worry about that

Thanks for the comment on the exhaust. Yup it is the atak. Not too sure how I feel about it. At full throttle it has a nice rumble but at normal driving sometimes it's just not loud enough. If I had to redo it again I would have saved my money and went with something else

When I got it back from getting the exhaust on I remote started it and I couldn't believe it. Sounded alittle better than stock. Some like the sound. Some don't. Like I said if I could do it over. I would go towards something else.
__________________

Dominic From Philly
2014 SRT DEEP CHERRY RED
2010 GC SRT8 (Retired But Not Forgotten)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:24 AM
DarkHue's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 640
DarkHue is on a distinguished road
Re: How to uncover the towing hook in the back ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLStech View Post
Look underneath the piece ( bottom of bumper) you should find two knobs on each side of the bezel. Rotate them until they pop out (they do not cone out completely). Remove bezel...
Thank you, that did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysrt View Post
I believe you can order it on justforjeeps.com

Ya it's 2-3 simple pop in thing majigy. Takes little 2 mins for install. It's gotta be simple cause it's meant to be taken off in seconds for towing reason so don't worry about that

Thanks for the comment on the exhaust. Yup it is the atak. Not too sure how I feel about it. At full throttle it has a nice rumble but at normal driving sometimes it's just not loud enough. If I had to redo it again I would have saved my money and went with something else

When I got it back from getting the exhaust on I remote started it and I couldn't believe it. Sounded alittle better than stock. Some like the sound. Some don't. Like I said if I could do it over. I would go towards something else.
Thanks I'll check the website out. What exhaust would you get then ? And why exactly ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:28 AM
phillysrt's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelpha, PA
Posts: 880
Thanks: 210
Thanked 60 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 1764
phillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHue View Post
Thank you, that did it. Thanks I'll check the website out. What exhaust would you get then ? And why exactly ?
See that's the tricky part. I want the GT Haus exhaust but I can't justify spending 3k on an exhaust. I guess seeing how in always used to cat back exhaust and the Borla is an axle back I should have expected.

So what I have planned is keeping the atak and putting in some cutouts so I have that loud aggressive scream that I want while having a mellow sound while easy driving
__________________

Dominic From Philly
2014 SRT DEEP CHERRY RED
2010 GC SRT8 (Retired But Not Forgotten)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:31 AM
DarkHue's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 640
DarkHue is on a distinguished road
Re: How to uncover the towing hook in the back ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysrt View Post
See that's the tricky part. I want the GT Haus exhaust but I can't justify spending 3k on an exhaust. I guess seeing how in always used to cat back exhaust and the Borla is an axle back I should have expected.

So what I have planned is keeping the atak and putting in some cutouts so I have that loud aggressive scream that I want while having a mellow sound while easy driving
Ahhhh I see. I was personally thinking of the borla Atak. Other than the missing aggression you're looking for, how's the cabin drone ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:35 AM
phillysrt's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelpha, PA
Posts: 880
Thanks: 210
Thanked 60 Times in 55 Posts
Rep Power: 1764
phillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond reputephillysrt has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHue View Post
Ahhhh I see. I was personally thinking of the borla Atak. Other than the missing aggression you're looking for, how's the cabin drone ?
Cabin drone is fine. Not an issue at all! Don't get me wrong the Borla atak is a great exhaust and well made!!! That being said I just want louder so I guess it's nothing against the atak just more personal preference.

If your looking for a great exhaust while not having to break the bank I said to with the atak. You certainly won't be disappointed. When you put the car in track mode the exhaust changes quite a bit. It's pretty cool.
__________________

Dominic From Philly
2014 SRT DEEP CHERRY RED
2010 GC SRT8 (Retired But Not Forgotten)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-09-2014, 10:36 AM
DarkHue's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dubai
Posts: 395
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 640
DarkHue is on a distinguished road
Re: How to uncover the towing hook in the back ?

Thanks for the info !! Will keep that in mind
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkHue For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lc6i hook up please help!! Kamann907 Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 2 10-10-2013 08:49 PM
What does the elastic strap and hook behind the back seat centre armrest do? John47 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 3 10-17-2012 02:06 AM
Towing questions. First time towing looking for some input. JTS97Z28 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 5 08-25-2012 03:53 PM
iPhone hook up in a 05 GC UnaTIENable Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 4 01-06-2011 02:18 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community