Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest? - Page 3 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 01-06-2017, 08:07 PM
MAXGroup's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 1991 5.2L SJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 650
Thanks: 208
Thanked 107 Times in 87 Posts
Rep Power: 2631
MAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

We went from cars to ass and hookers. I'm having fun.......

__________________
2017 GC SRT - Black
2017 Durango R/T - Bruiser Gray
2015 Overland Hemi - Dechromed and winched up
2010 Maserati Gran Turismo - sometimes I need to go faster

Everyday I hope to learn something new and exciting
Most days I'm disappointed ......
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXGroup For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #26  
Old 01-07-2017, 12:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 74
Thanks: 30
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 890
Bestswat is on a distinguished road
Re: Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

Im a poor guy trying to be rich so can you explain how you spend 6k per winter season?
__________________
2016 SRT Night
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-07-2017, 12:53 PM
SilverBillet's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,096
Thanks: 2
Thanked 486 Times in 335 Posts
Rep Power: 32850
SilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXGroup View Post
You keep ignoring the fact that I bought that Maserati cause I wanted to and I love it enough to keep it. Keeping it means you will eat through tires. If you ever drove one of these at full throttle for any real distance you would want one too.

Lastly, If by new money you mean I have more of it then my kids will ever spend and I made it myself, then hell yeah I'm new money, and proud of it. And haters will be haters......

I also bought a Charger Hellcat cause I liked the technology. Drove it for 14 months and traded it in for an SRT, cause I'm giving my 15 Overland as a present to my kid, and I already have 2 other summer cars. So call me new money as much as you want. I love cars and I can buy any car I want, and I do
Not ignoring. I said in one of my posts I wouldn't drive it in the winter either.
You love it so much you want to keep it so you drive it full throttle? Even through the winter enough to eat through tires? Huh?

New money means you recently came into enough money to allow you either to have a large credit line or enough to buy some flashy toys. New money goes out and spends to impress and makes sure the world knows about it.
I guess you can label me a hater because I'm not found of new money personalities.

It's great to love cars and nice things but not great if you're a douche about it.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #28  
Old 01-07-2017, 01:07 PM
MAXGroup's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 1991 5.2L SJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 650
Thanks: 208
Thanked 107 Times in 87 Posts
Rep Power: 2631
MAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestswat View Post
Im a poor guy trying to be rich so can you explain how you spend 6k per winter season?

Since you asked, I'll elaborate, the tires on the Maserati are Pirelli P0 245/35/20 and 285/35/20 they are soft and the side wall is as thick as a rubber band. And while in the summer they have amazing traction they have no traction under 40 degrees and become very brittle. Also when they get hit they transfer the force to the rim. Now Maserati rims, are not Jeep rims, one good pothole under 40 degrees and the tire and rim are pretty much gone, even if they don't look it, you'll feel the vibration next time you try to go fast. So here in the NJ NYC area where the roads are bad, the winter kills your tires. Buying a winter tire and putting it on the factory rims, will end up killing the rims, and the tires last for one season also. So the best thing is to keep the car in the garage, and just drive your Jeep in the winter......

Now of course no one forces you to own an Italian super car, but if this was relevant we would all end up riding the bus which is the economical choice

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1483816007.087646.jpg

Notice how thin and flimsy the sidewall is.......
__________________
2017 GC SRT - Black
2017 Durango R/T - Bruiser Gray
2015 Overland Hemi - Dechromed and winched up
2010 Maserati Gran Turismo - sometimes I need to go faster

Everyday I hope to learn something new and exciting
Most days I'm disappointed ......
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-07-2017, 01:13 PM
MAXGroup's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 1991 5.2L SJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 650
Thanks: 208
Thanked 107 Times in 87 Posts
Rep Power: 2631
MAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBillet View Post
Not ignoring. I said in one of my posts I wouldn't drive it in the winter either.

You love it so much you want to keep it so you drive it full throttle? Even through the winter enough to eat through tires? Huh?



New money means you recently came into enough money to allow you either to have a large credit line or enough to buy some flashy toys. New money goes out and spends to impress and makes sure the world knows about it.

I guess you can label me a hater because I'm not found of new money personalities.



It's great to love cars and nice things but not great if you're a douche about it.

I love how you say came into money. Like there is a place you go to on Main Street and if you know the password they give you millions to spend. I work very hard for my money, I just make a lot more for every hour I work. I have no debt and I would never buy any toy on debt. I'm a working class guy that went to college and made a fortune by being smart and hard working.

You know nothing about my personality you are just judgmental and jealous. And as to calling someone a douche.....
I'm a veteran who served his country I'm a father and a family man. And I promise you that if you take the percentage of income you spend on your toys versus me, then you are the flashy show off and not me......
__________________
2017 GC SRT - Black
2017 Durango R/T - Bruiser Gray
2015 Overland Hemi - Dechromed and winched up
2010 Maserati Gran Turismo - sometimes I need to go faster

Everyday I hope to learn something new and exciting
Most days I'm disappointed ......
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Barboots's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 2,491
Thanks: 140
Thanked 360 Times in 305 Posts
Rep Power: 42607
Barboots has disabled reputation
Re: Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

MAXgroup I respect the way you're taking this uncalled for dialogue. Some people own a winter "beater" to avoid wear and tear on their primary vehicle and that's OK. Never mind that beater is better than many folk's primary ride. However mention that you buy a GC to protect your supercar and and suddenly you're the bad guy? WTF.

Enjoy the rewards of your efforts mate.

Cheers,
Steve
__________________
2014 Overland CRD
Perth, Western Australia
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barboots For This Useful Post:
  #31  
Old 01-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,117
Thanks: 74
Thanked 295 Times in 259 Posts
Rep Power: 46567
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFBOS View Post
I've driven a high horsepower RWD car with blizzard in the winter before. I think it would be doable again.
Trivially easy, just tape a raw egg to the gas pedal.

Your all seasons may work for you as long as you remember that 4wd ain't 4wheel stop, and your route never puts you amongst homicidal texters.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-09-2017, 01:58 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,117
Thanks: 74
Thanked 295 Times in 259 Posts
Rep Power: 46567
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestswat View Post
Im a poor guy trying to be rich so can you explain how you spend 6k per winter season?
Remember that hooker with the Maserati?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 PM
xJoshxx's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Burlington,KY
Posts: 1,649
Thanks: 154
Thanked 237 Times in 183 Posts
Rep Power: 74490
xJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestswat View Post
Im a poor guy trying to be rich so can you explain how you spend 6k per winter season?


keeping hookers warm anit easy son
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-12-2017, 08:56 AM
2 JEEP's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 65
Thanks: 3
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 815
2 JEEP is on a distinguished road
Re: Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

"To each his own" it's his money and his choice. If it makes him happy, than why does everyone else care so much?
I say go for it man, buy and drive whatever you like! You have obviously earned it...



2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 120
Thanks: 1
Thanked 31 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 1224
Awdbeast has a reputation beyond reputeAwdbeast has a reputation beyond reputeAwdbeast has a reputation beyond reputeAwdbeast has a reputation beyond reputeAwdbeast has a reputation beyond reputeAwdbeast has a reputation beyond reputeAwdbeast has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

Guess the definition of super car has eroded quite a bit in recent years.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-17-2017, 12:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 74
Thanks: 30
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 890
Bestswat is on a distinguished road
Re: Is there a need for winter tires in the midwest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barboots View Post
MAXgroup I respect the way you're taking this uncalled for dialogue. Some people own a winter "beater" to avoid wear and tear on their primary vehicle and that's OK. Never mind that beater is better than many folk's primary ride. However mention that you buy a GC to protect your supercar and and suddenly you're the bad guy? WTF.

Enjoy the rewards of your efforts mate.

Cheers,
Steve

Only one person questioned him and with reason. He bought another vehicle based on the fact that he would spend 4k on a winter set, which is what he originally said. He then went on to defend himself by upping it to a new figure of 6k on a winter set, proceeding to forecast an expenditure of $18,000 in a span of 3 years. He then states he has to spend so much because the "maserati rims are not like the jeep rims". What part does not sound ridiculous?

I will assume he has some money since he has stated it numerous times, but anyone who has a Jeep SRT also has a decent income. The reason he is being attacked is because he sounds like a tool to be honest. Starting off his explanation with "This is why the rich stay rich" and a bunch of other sentences just sounds foolish and arrogant. From a third party perspective all I see is someone not making cost effective decisions and having his money tied up in depreciating assets. Which is why 61% of the 2% and above don't even own a luxury branded vehicle. However I will respect that he is a family man and has served our country.
__________________
2016 SRT Night
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tires

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winter tires? damien79 Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 16 09-15-2014 06:47 PM
Winter Tires DJK555 Technical Tips/DIY/How-To 4 01-19-2012 05:07 PM
Winter Tires Knightrider03m Performance Modifications 6 10-15-2010 06:07 PM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.