Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 04-11-2014, 02:48 AM
HammerTime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 186
HammerTime is on a distinguished road
Melbourne SRT Club

Hi team,
After watching and following the Sydney Srt club thread for only a few months, I've seen it grow quite rapidly to 30+ pages with some quite useful knowledge starting to be gathered. I'm putting a shout out to anyone on this forum who might keen on following their lead down here in Melbourne, even if it's just a thread for knowledge purposes. I have seen all the usual stuff the guys in the US are using to mod their rides (Borla, Corsa, Bwoody etc) but by the time we import and pay all the extras to get it here it seems like we spend double the cash just to get it sent over and through customs. I am a Kiwi ( queue sheep jokes) but have lived in this fine nation since I was a young lad. I grew up in Queensland where I was given the impression that Melbourne had a huge car culture but since moving here five years ago it seems to be a dying phase in Melbourne's history. It seems everyone at some point has traded their V8's and fast fours for bicycles and skinny jeans. I am taking delivery of my GC SRT in 4 weeks and have found it very difficult to find any info via google searches for exhaust/performance shops that are experienced with our Hemi's or anything under the Chrysler umbrella full stop. In general I have seen maybe 3 GC SRT'S getting around Melbourne CBD, one of which is owned by someone at my work but with 4000+ people working in my building it's hard to know who that is, maybe they are on this forum. Most people I have seen driving around Melbourne in a current model SRT badged vehicle do not seem like the mod type but more the poser type unfortunately. I hope you guys can prove me wrong and we can begin to build our own knowledge base for Melbourne's SRT enthusiasts of all platforms.

Current ride
300c 5.7 Hemi (black)
22's
Mangaflow cat back exhaust
K&N CAI
D/S 93 tune
Srt8 lowered springs
Debadged
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2014, 05:44 AM
DCRSRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hills District, Sydney Australia
Posts: 933
Thanks: 272
Thanked 57 Times in 45 Posts
Rep Power: 1853
DCRSRT is on a distinguished road
Re: Melbourne SRT Club

Hmmmm are we gonna have a state of origin for SRT's lol. Great idea HammerTime, here's hoping fellow SRt owners in Melb join in with you.

As for parts etc right now with the AUD v USD you should be able to get the parts at a reasonable cost, only issue is shipping to AU. Anything under $1000USD wont incur a customs fee. Can't help with performance shops in Melb sorry.

Rob
__________________

__________________
PM me if you want to buy a NEW SRT in Sydney.

MY14 Deep Cherry Red JGC SRT.
Mods: Borla ATAK axle back exhaust. Hawk HP Ceramic Brake Pads. CLS headlight ribbon mod.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2014, 06:25 AM
HammerTime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 186
HammerTime is on a distinguished road
Re: Melbourne SRT Club

Thanks Rob, and there's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition, it might help us push each other and get a bit of Aussie development underway on these beasts. I saw that CHE is developing an exhaust for the GC SRT. If I can't find a suitable exhaust shop soon I might have to buy one and have it shipped down. I agree, our dollar is good against the USD but it's the shipping and customs that I don't want to pay as that is money I could be spending locally on more mods.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Blakey's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 150
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 630
Blakey is on a distinguished road
Re: Melbourne SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
Hi team,
After watching and following the Sydney Srt club thread for only a few months, I've seen it grow quite rapidly to 30+ pages with some quite useful knowledge starting to be gathered. I'm putting a shout out to anyone on this forum who might keen on following their lead down here in Melbourne, even if it's just a thread for knowledge purposes. I have seen all the usual stuff the guys in the US are using to mod their rides (Borla, Corsa, Bwoody etc) but by the time we import and pay all the extras to get it here it seems like we spend double the cash just to get it sent over and through customs. I am a Kiwi ( queue sheep jokes) but have lived in this fine nation since I was a young lad. I grew up in Queensland where I was given the impression that Melbourne had a huge car culture but since moving here five years ago it seems to be a dying phase in Melbourne's history. It seems everyone at some point has traded their V8's and fast fours for bicycles and skinny jeans. I am taking delivery of my GC SRT in 4 weeks and have found it very difficult to find any info via google searches for exhaust/performance shops that are experienced with our Hemi's or anything under the Chrysler umbrella full stop. In general I have seen maybe 3 GC SRT'S getting around Melbourne CBD, one of which is owned by someone at my work but with 4000+ people working in my building it's hard to know who that is, maybe they are on this forum. Most people I have seen driving around Melbourne in a current model SRT badged vehicle do not seem like the mod type but more the poser type unfortunately. I hope you guys can prove me wrong and we can begin to build our own knowledge base for Melbourne's SRT enthusiasts of all platforms.

Current ride
300c 5.7 Hemi (black)
22's
Mangaflow cat back exhaust
K&N CAI
D/S 93 tune
Srt8 lowered springs
Debadged

HammerTime
Congrats your imminent new ride
I might be one of the SRT's you see cruising through the city of Melbourne
For me the SRT stands out enough, and after driving an FPV worked G6ET and a walkinshaw worked VE Calais I am happy with the SRT as it is.
I would rather spend the Money on my other toys. A louder exhaust might be on the cards though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Marty K's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 105
Thanks: 10
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 271
Marty K is on a distinguished road
Re: Melbourne SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
......Most people I have seen driving around Melbourne in a current model SRT badged vehicle do not seem like the mod type but more the poser type unfortunately....
G'Day HammerTime, I'm not sure that I understand this comment

If I was to get an SRT and not mod it, can I still meet up with members of this this group (Melbourne SRT Club) on cruise days even though I would be considered a "poser"?

Great initiative. It would be terrific to see a group of SRTs and their owners in Melbourne
__________________
No Jeep Grand Cherokee,...yet.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-23-2014, 04:22 AM
paamelb's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 32
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 362
paamelb is on a distinguished road
Hi, we'll done on your purchase. :-)
) I have had my 2014 SRT now for 5 months and love it. As for mods I haven't even thought of doing it yet. Car is awesome as is for me. Only used the launch control last week for the first time. Think my head hit the back window :-)))
Be very happy to catch up with any others in Melbourne for ideas or even just a drive day.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-23-2014, 05:48 PM
HammerTime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 186
HammerTime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty K View Post
G'Day HammerTime, I'm not sure that I understand this comment If I was to get an SRT and not mod it, can I still meet up with members of this this group (Melbourne SRT Club) on cruise days even though I would be considered a "poser"? Great initiative. It would be terrific to see a group of SRTs and their owners in Melbourne
Hey Marty,
Yes you absolutely can meet with members and no you would absolutely not be considered a poser. SRT'S are awesome as they are from the factory. I myself will only be doing a few minor mods to get it looking and sounding how I want. My poser comment was directed more towards people who would by a car to be cool rather than because they are an enthusiast or petrol head. Sorry if that came across the wrong way.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-23-2014, 05:53 PM
HammerTime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 186
HammerTime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by paamelb View Post
Hi, we'll done on your purchase. :-) ) I have had my 2014 SRT now for 5 months and love it. As for mods I haven't even thought of doing it yet. Car is awesome as is for me. Only used the launch control last week for the first time. Think my head hit the back window :-))) Be very happy to catch up with any others in Melbourne for ideas or even just a drive day.
Any 0-100 times logged yet. How many Km's did you do before using launch control for the first time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-24-2014, 03:44 AM
Marty K's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 105
Thanks: 10
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 271
Marty K is on a distinguished road
Re: Melbourne SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
Hey Marty,.... My poser comment was directed more towards people who would by a car to be cool rather than because they are an enthusiast or petrol head. Sorry if that came across the wrong way.
No dramas HammerTime

Yes, I can imagine that there would be quite a few SRT owners out there who wouldn't know much about their Jeep or the history of the SRT brand. I consider myself a true enthusiast and would be honoured to mix it with other JEEP and SRT enthusiasts.
__________________
No Jeep Grand Cherokee,...yet.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-24-2014, 04:47 AM
Blakey's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 150
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 630
Blakey is on a distinguished road
Re: Melbourne SRT Club

Guys absolutely keen to get together with other proud SRT owners.
Had my my14 for nine months now.
See more and more on the roads everyday.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-24-2014, 05:19 AM
DCRSRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hills District, Sydney Australia
Posts: 933
Thanks: 272
Thanked 57 Times in 45 Posts
Rep Power: 1853
DCRSRT is on a distinguished road
Re: Melbourne SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
Any 0-100 times logged yet. How many Km's did you do before using launch control for the first time.
Users manual says 800k's is the run in period. SRT says its not so much the engine that needs running in but the front & rear diffs. I waited till 1000k's before my first launch. Only got a 5.8 but it was hot and humid at the time. Bring on winter with the cooler temps
__________________
PM me if you want to buy a NEW SRT in Sydney.

MY14 Deep Cherry Red JGC SRT.
Mods: Borla ATAK axle back exhaust. Hawk HP Ceramic Brake Pads. CLS headlight ribbon mod.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-24-2014, 05:26 AM
paamelb's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 32
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 362
paamelb is on a distinguished road
Hi HammerTime,
I only used my launch control last week for the first time. 9000km and 5 months of driving. Managed a 4.5. Think my head hit the rear window. Bloody quick car. :-)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community