Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 08-05-2011, 08:31 AM
12Jeep's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: IL
Posts: 366
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 411662
12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri0829 View Post
I dont get why everyone is making such a big deal about the price. I think that the price is relatively fair for the vehicle that is being sold. Like it has been said mercedes bmw and porsche are all selling their performance based suvs at way higher premiums why would jeep not match this, also the srt8 is still at the least 30k less than any of those cars top of the line vehicles, nobody complains when they spend 80-90k on a porsche cayene. If you want a car priced like the overland then buy the overland. if you want a one that is made for performance and easily rivals the competition in price, and is much more rare then buy the srt. i dont think that jeep will change the price just because people are whining about it. They are selling a top of the line suv that is comparable if not better than the competition for still a fraction of the cost of the other top automakers.
Seriously, did you just cut and paste your August 2nd post again (a few words changed)?

You don't happen to be in PR for the SRT line?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 AM
nosmoke's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 281
Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1790
nosmoke is on a distinguished road
Re: MSRP released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri0829 View Post
I dont get why everyone is making such a big deal about the price. I think that the price is relatively fair for the vehicle that is being sold. Like it has been said mercedes bmw and porsche are all selling their performance based suvs at way higher premiums why would jeep not match this, also the srt8 is still at the least 30k less than any of those cars top of the line vehicles, nobody complains when they spend 80-90k on a porsche cayene. If you want a car priced like the overland then buy the overland. if you want a one that is made for performance and easily rivals the competition in price, and is much more rare then buy the srt. i dont think that jeep will change the price just because people are whining about it. They are selling a top of the line suv that is comparable if not better than the competition for still a fraction of the cost of the other top automakers.
Dude, you'd better be buying one. If not, then please just stop. I have yet to see anyone REALLY defend the pricing who is actually purchasing one. The price is too high, and is about greed. Period.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-05-2011, 09:13 AM
rusty104's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northeast
Posts: 139
Thanks: 18
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1308
rusty104 is on a distinguished road
Re: MSRP released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmoke View Post
Dude, you'd better be buying one. If not, then please just stop. I have yet to see anyone REALLY defend the pricing who is actually purchasing one. The price is too high, and is about greed. Period.
I am buying one. But if you know of a better priced new high performance SUV let me know and maybe I'll buy that one instead.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'97 TJ Wrangler 5-speed manual 4.0l (the last car I would give up)
'06 LS430 Lexus Ultra (best luxury sedan I've owned)
'12 SRT Grand Cherokee
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 48,848
Thanks: 833
Thanked 823 Times in 634 Posts
Rep Power: 7717430
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: MSRP released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty104 View Post
I am buying one. But if you know of a better priced new high performance SUV let me know and maybe I'll buy that one instead.
x2
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED Edition" 1 of 1
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2013 JKU 10th anniversary-white
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:18 AM
BostonDMD's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 571
Thanks: 32
Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 302377
BostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MSRP released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottina06 View Post
x2
+3.....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:42 AM
nosmoke's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 281
Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1790
nosmoke is on a distinguished road
Re: MSRP released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty104 View Post
I am buying one. But if you know of a better priced new high performance SUV let me know and maybe I'll buy that one instead.
So you're saying you're happy about the price? They could charge 10K MORE and still be a better deal than the Cayenne and X5M, etc. Doesn't mean they should do it.

Again, they raised the price because they could. I haven't canceled yet, because you're right, you can't buy a better high performance SUV at this price. However, because the price is now so high, I could buy a fully loaded Durango Citadel Hemi for 43K (2011 with discount), or a fully loaded CTS-V Wagon (2011 with discount) for the same as my SRT8 prices out to be. Not to mention an Overland. I am looking at all my options now.

Then there's the whole stupid Canadian price thing, which still makes no sense. (All other cars are cheaper in the US EXCEPT this one)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale FL
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1271
Yacht Lights is on a distinguished road
Re: MSRP released!

^ i picked up the CTS-V Wagon in March and love it. Its a beast to drive. And the best part is got a crazy discount on it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 48,848
Thanks: 833
Thanked 823 Times in 634 Posts
Rep Power: 7717430
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: MSRP released!

Ill say it......

IM FINE WITH THE PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

becasue its exactly what i want and need. I may not get one of the first builds or even a first year....due to allocation BS.....but I will find one somewhere. I could CARE less what the last gen's price was....TOTALLY different vehicle. And theres obviously NOTHING we can do about it. JMHO.
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED Edition" 1 of 1
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2013 JKU 10th anniversary-white
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 48,848
Thanks: 833
Thanked 823 Times in 634 Posts
Rep Power: 7717430
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: MSRP released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosmoke View Post
So you're saying you're happy about the price? They could charge 10K MORE and still be a better deal than the Cayenne and X5M, etc. Doesn't mean they should do it.

Again, they raised the price because they could. I haven't canceled yet, because you're right, you can't buy a better high performance SUV at this price. However, because the price is now so high, I could buy a fully loaded Durango Citadel Hemi for 43K (2011 with discount), or a fully loaded CTS-V Wagon (2011 with discount) for the same as my SRT8 prices out to be. Not to mention an Overland. I am looking at all my options now.

Then there's the whole stupid Canadian price thing, which still makes no sense. (All other cars are cheaper in the US EXCEPT this one)

I would get the Durango R/t...too much chrome on the citadel. But that ugly had rear pillar ruins that vehicle
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED Edition" 1 of 1
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2013 JKU 10th anniversary-white
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:50 AM
nosmoke's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 281
Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1790
nosmoke is on a distinguished road
Re: MSRP released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacht Lights View Post
^ i picked up the CTS-V Wagon in March and love it. Its a beast to drive. And the best part is got a crazy discount on it.
Is the rear legroom OK? That's an issue for me. I will be having people back there alot, mostly kids.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:52 AM
nosmoke's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 281
Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1790
nosmoke is on a distinguished road
Re: MSRP released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottina06 View Post
I would get the Durango R/t...too much chrome on the citadel. But that ugly had rear pillar ruins that vehicle
Yeah, and I could save a few bucks, too. Either way, it's actually a pretty cool car. Handles well for its size. But of course, its not an SRT8. Yet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-05-2011, 11:53 AM
nosmoke's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 281
Thanks: 11
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1790
nosmoke is on a distinguished road
Re: MSRP released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottina06 View Post
Ill say it......

IM FINE WITH THE PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

becasue its exactly what i want and need. I may not get one of the first builds or even a first year....due to allocation BS.....but I will find one somewhere. I could CARE less what the last gen's price was....TOTALLY different vehicle. And theres obviously NOTHING we can do about it. JMHO.
There isn't anything to do about it. But that doesn't mean we can't bitch about it and look at other options. Does it look like I'm only one who feels this way?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 Grand Cherokee - MSRP Pricing Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 58 05-15-2013 11:37 PM
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - Target MSRP (US) VerbalKint Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 17 09-13-2011 08:24 PM
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 - MSRP Pricing Milous Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 1473 08-08-2011 08:39 AM
King of vid's, an MSRP that killed the dream! tugboatchad Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 3 07-20-2011 09:57 AM
Released in Dubai! Dunecrawler Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8 10-24-2010 08:23 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community