Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
View Poll Results: Cancelling or Keeping your order. Please vote.
Yes. I'm Cancelling the order 33 49.25%
No. I'm going to suck it up. 13 19.40%
Still on the fence 21 31.34%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 08-07-2011, 06:28 AM
VerbalKint's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 188
Thanks: 15
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 1871
VerbalKint is on a distinguished road
Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTDogg View Post
FWIW, I officially cancelled my 2012 Jeep SRT8 order yesterday.

This whole process has been a total nightmare for me. I'm very frustrated with Chrysler and SRT for all of this changing things and not being forward with information, etc...

That said, I can't blame the SRT team too much. Maybe it was all Jeep. Anyways, I am actually going to get a Challenger SRT8 now. A 2012. This way I can get a Manual tranny and the performance is the same or better than the Jeep, so everything I've learned/read still can be applied. The new 2-mode suspension on the Challenger should be similar to Auto/Track modes on the Jeep. I'll be saving about $12K over the Jeep, so I plan to put some of that into some cool mods, including the Eaton when it comes out later this next year!
It is disappointing to have to cancel, but like you mentioned, the challenger should give you a lot of the same benefits.
__________________

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 49,256
Thanks: 868
Thanked 979 Times in 693 Posts
Rep Power: 7717893
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTDogg View Post
FWIW, I officially cancelled my 2012 Jeep SRT8 order yesterday.

This whole process has been a total nightmare for me. I'm very frustrated with Chrysler and SRT for all of this changing things and not being forward with information, etc...

That said, I can't blame the SRT team too much. Maybe it was all Jeep. Anyways, I am actually going to get a Challenger SRT8 now. A 2012. This way I can get a Manual tranny and the performance is the same or better than the Jeep, so everything I've learned/read still can be applied. The new 2-mode suspension on the Challenger should be similar to Auto/Track modes on the Jeep. I'll be saving about $12K over the Jeep, so I plan to put some of that into some cool mods, including the Eaton when it comes out later this next year!

Please let Milous know so we arent taking the time/$$$ to track your Jeep
__________________

__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED\BlackOps CFR Edition" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-07-2011, 07:05 AM
BostonDMD's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MA
Posts: 571
Thanks: 32
Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 302432
BostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond reputeBostonDMD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTDogg View Post
FWIW, I officially cancelled my 2012 Jeep SRT8 order yesterday.

This whole process has been a total nightmare for me. I'm very frustrated with Chrysler and SRT for all of this changing things and not being forward with information, etc...

That said, I can't blame the SRT team too much. Maybe it was all Jeep. Anyways, I am actually going to get a Challenger SRT8 now. A 2012. This way I can get a Manual tranny and the performance is the same or better than the Jeep, so everything I've learned/read still can be applied. The new 2-mode suspension on the Challenger should be similar to Auto/Track modes on the Jeep. I'll be saving about $12K over the Jeep, so I plan to put some of that into some cool mods, including the Eaton when it comes out later this next year!
Congrats!
Too bad you are in TX, I would have liked to see how the challenger and Jeep SRT8 would have compared on a full track circuit......
Enjoy it in good health......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:15 AM
VerbalKint's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 188
Thanks: 15
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 1871
VerbalKint is on a distinguished road
Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonDMD View Post
Congrats!
Too bad you are in TX, I would have liked to see how the challenger and Jeep SRT8 would have compared on a full track circuit......
Enjoy it in good health......
Speaking of full track circuits. Does anyone know whether Virginia International Raceway allows Jeep SRT8s on the track? I plan to take BostonDMDs advice and head to a "full" track periodically. I think the closest options would be Virginia IR, Richmond IR, and a track or two in PA (Poconos?)
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 2945
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTDogg View Post
FWIW, I officially cancelled my 2012 Jeep SRT8 order yesterday.

This whole process has been a total nightmare for me. I'm very frustrated with Chrysler and SRT for all of this changing things and not being forward with information, etc...

That said, I can't blame the SRT team too much. Maybe it was all Jeep. Anyways, I am actually going to get a Challenger SRT8 now. A 2012. This way I can get a Manual tranny and the performance is the same or better than the Jeep, so everything I've learned/read still can be applied. The new 2-mode suspension on the Challenger should be similar to Auto/Track modes on the Jeep. I'll be saving about $12K over the Jeep, so I plan to put some of that into some cool mods, including the Eaton when it comes out later this next year!
If I were switching out from the Jeep and going to a car I don't think the Challenger would be my first choice. I'd be hard pressed not to seriously consider the 2012 Boss 302 with the track key. I guess I'm just not a "Mopar" guy at heart.

Regardless, good luck with the Challenger.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ormond Beach FL
Posts: 1,544
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 2945
mjw930 has a reputation beyond reputemjw930 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerbalKint View Post
Speaking of full track circuits. Does anyone know whether Virginia International Raceway allows Jeep SRT8s on the track? I plan to take BostonDMDs advice and head to a "full" track periodically. I think the closest options would be Virginia IR, Richmond IR, and a track or two in PA (Poconos?)
Check around with various car clubs. It's unlikely you will ever see any track time unless you go as part of a group that's already rented the track. You can't just show up and run, they aren't the nurburgring.
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Schleprock's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2010 6.4L SRT8
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MD/DE
Posts: 950
Thanks: 19
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Rep Power: 2436
Schleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond reputeSchleprock has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottina06 View Post
Please let Milous know so we arent taking the time/$$$ to track your Jeep
second time I've seen you mention this "cost" to track. Been tracking mine along with Milous's info here, for free (and the process isn't specific to my VIN). My dealer also does not charge anything to receive tracking updates any time I call/email.
__________________
RJ
2014 Redline Pearl Grand Cherokee SRT8

2014 Granite Crystal Durango R/T
2013 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500
(traded in) 2012 Mineral Gray Grand Cherokee SRT8, 2010 Bright Silver Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ATX
Posts: 395
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1599
SRTDogg is on a distinguished road
Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
If I were switching out from the Jeep and going to a car I don't think the Challenger would be my first choice. I'd be hard pressed not to seriously consider the 2012 Boss 302 with the track key. I guess I'm just not a "Mopar" guy at heart.

Regardless, good luck with the Challenger.
But then you'd be stuck with a Mustang!? Yuck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonDMD View Post
Congrats!
Too bad you are in TX, I would have liked to see how the challenger and Jeep SRT8 would have compared on a full track circuit......
Enjoy it in good health......
I'm still hoping to run with a guy here who is getting the Jeep SRT8 - at least I think he still is. Regardless of being almost 1000lbs less, I think it will still be a close match!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:13 AM
VerbalKint's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 188
Thanks: 15
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 1871
VerbalKint is on a distinguished road
Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
Check around with various car clubs. It's unlikely you will ever see any track time unless you go as part of a group that's already rented the track. You can't just show up and run, they aren't the nurburgring.
BeaveRun has performance "flat out" days:

http://www.beaverun.com/thrills_flat...t_sessions.php

Another track that I was looking at had something similar, but didn't allow SUVs.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1218
speedingrisk is a splendid one to behold
Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Its typically up to the track to determine if SUV's are allowed to run. I ran my WK1 SRT8 at some tracks including Roebling Road, Sebring, and Homestead. After a few transfer cases, many sets of brake pads and rotors, and 2 engines, it was time to move on to something more track worthy, a Z06. I would look into Chin Motorsports since they run at VIR a few times a year.

On another note, I cancelled my order last week and picked up a CTS-V instead. I know I know, its not an SUV but it has 4 doors and fast as hell!

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-09-2011, 09:25 PM
12Jeep's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: IL
Posts: 369
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 411720
12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute12Jeep has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingrisk View Post
Its typically up to the track to determine if SUV's are allowed to run. I ran my WK1 SRT8 at some tracks including Roebling Road, Sebring, and Homestead. After a few transfer cases, many sets of brake pads and rotors, and 2 engines, it was time to move on to something more track worthy, a Z06. I would look into Chin Motorsports since they run at VIR a few times a year.

On another note, I cancelled my order last week and picked up a CTS-V instead. I know I know, its not an SUV but it has 4 doors and fast as hell!

Great choice in vehicles!! I have been a fan of the CTS-V for a while. Not sure if it would make it through an Illinois winter though otherwise it would be my first choice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 2658
jeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So how many are cancelling for real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingrisk View Post
Its typically up to the track to determine if SUV's are allowed to run. I ran my WK1 SRT8 at some tracks including Roebling Road, Sebring, and Homestead. After a few transfer cases, many sets of brake pads and rotors, and 2 engines, it was time to move on to something more track worthy, a Z06. I would look into Chin Motorsports since they run at VIR a few times a year.

On another note, I cancelled my order last week and picked up a CTS-V instead. I know I know, its not an SUV but it has 4 doors and fast as hell!

Very nice. The area kinda looks like a friends condo in DeerField beach.
__________________

__________________
Current: 2011 GC Overland 4X4 Mineral Grey, HEMI
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cancelling Summit order.... Nor Cal Kleemann Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 27 03-13-2011 06:28 PM
Real SRT 8 Picture 206WJ Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 3 08-19-2010 03:28 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community