Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 07-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 93
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 878
Rizzuto has a reputation beyond reputeRizzuto has a reputation beyond reputeRizzuto has a reputation beyond reputeRizzuto has a reputation beyond reputeRizzuto has a reputation beyond reputeRizzuto has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

Disagree. The sepia wouldn't contrast as well then. It would be overload.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-08-2013, 01:56 PM
CLStech's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: RTP, NC
Posts: 1,248
Thanks: 422
Thanked 210 Times in 163 Posts
Rep Power: 1545724
CLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzuto View Post
Disagree. The sepia wouldn't contrast as well then. It would be overload.
+1 I agree the contrast is what makes this interior pop.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-10-2013, 06:06 PM
coxey5150's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hills District, Sydney, NSW AU
Posts: 26
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 413
coxey5150 is on a distinguished road
Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

mrmaker,

Beautiful looking car mate. I had my heart set on the white w/ black interior but after seeing yours, you've really got me thinking now. I really wanted to replicate the my13 Alpine look (i.e. dark wheels etc) and was just wondering what wheels did you get ? (looks like the spider monkeys? ), are they the dark rims and did they cost you extra?

Are you still happy with the sepia interior (what is the official name for the interior?)

cheers,
Pete
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-11-2013, 12:20 AM
mrmaker's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Hills, Sydney
Posts: 356
Thanks: 37
Thanked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1365
mrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxey5150 View Post
mrmaker,

Beautiful looking car mate. I had my heart set on the white w/ black interior but after seeing yours, you've really got me thinking now. I really wanted to replicate the my13 Alpine look (i.e. dark wheels etc) and was just wondering what wheels did you get ? (looks like the spider monkeys? ), are they the dark rims and did they cost you extra?

Are you still happy with the sepia interior (what is the official name for the interior?)

cheers,
Pete
Thanks Pete! Yeah i think white is a good colour, but really any colour on these things look great, it's just that good looking . I do have the satin carbon spider monkeys, i tried hard to get the black chrome through HQ but for some unknown reason no black chrome for OZ, they are at no cost.

I love the sepia, i think they call it 'Sepia Laguna leather', its the best leather cladded car I've owned and compared to cars I've seen twice it's value, it's on par if not better, you can see and feel the quality and know it will age well, like a good old baseball mitt. It's not for everyone!, we all have our own personal tastes, but i think they got it right, i love it, the whole car is a dream to drive, turning heads not once but two or three times.

Ps: i see your from the hills!, go the hills
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-11-2013, 12:27 AM
coxey5150's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hills District, Sydney, NSW AU
Posts: 26
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 413
coxey5150 is on a distinguished road
Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaker View Post
Thanks Pete! Yeah i think white is a good colour, but really any colour on these things look great, it's just that good looking . I do have the satin carbon spider monkeys, i tried hard to get the black chrome through HQ but for some unknown reason no black chrome for OZ, they are at no cost.

I love the sepia, i think they call it 'Sepia Laguna leather', its the best leather cladded car I've owned and compared to cars I've seen twice it's value, it's on par if not better, you can see and feel the quality and know it will age well, like a good old baseball mitt. It's not for everyone!, we all have our own personal tastes, but i think they got it right, i love it, the whole car is a dream to drive, turning heads not once but two or three times.

Ps: i see your from the hills!, go the hills
Hey mate, thanks for the info. Yeah I've been looking for a while and almost pulled the trigger on a my13 late last year. Glad I didnt (8 speed vs 5 spd). So now just looking at what options to go with with the white. Are the satin carbon spider monkeys and option for the my14 or were they on the my13? I'm just not sold on the new chrome wheels. btw, what dealer did you get yours through if you dont mind me asking?

Yep, from the Hills, work in C/Hill and live in Kellyville. Might even see your beast driving around !!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-11-2013, 02:06 AM
mrmaker's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Hills, Sydney
Posts: 356
Thanks: 37
Thanked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1365
mrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond reputemrmaker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxey5150 View Post
Hey mate, thanks for the info. Yeah I've been looking for a while and almost pulled the trigger on a my13 late last year. Glad I didnt (8 speed vs 5 spd). So now just looking at what options to go with with the white. Are the satin carbon spider monkeys and option for the my14 or were they on the my13? I'm just not sold on the new chrome wheels. btw, what dealer did you get yours through if you dont mind me asking?

Yep, from the Hills, work in C/Hill and live in Kellyville. Might even see your beast driving around !!
I was one step ahead of you, i actually ordered a my13, at that point had not done enough homework, not realizing the my14 was in the making but the dealer screwed up and the contract fell on it's backside, lucky me!. The spider monkey satin carbons are an option for the my14, otherwise the chrome goliaths are the standard. For the my13s the satin carbon spider monkeys were the standard unless you ordered the Alpine, in which case you got the black chrome spider monkeys.

I ordered through Heartland Castle Hill, I'm in Rouse Hill.

Cheers
Peter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth West Aust
Posts: 145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 618
motor351 is on a distinguished road
Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

Good to see a 2014 SRT arrive in Australia I have had a White SRT on order since March and waiting waiting. Spoke to the dealer today and they may hear something around the 17th when it will arrive. Are you going to do any mods? I have parts sitting waiting to fit when mine arrives. I prefer the black interior.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-11-2013, 03:58 PM
coxey5150's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hills District, Sydney, NSW AU
Posts: 26
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 413
coxey5150 is on a distinguished road
Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor351 View Post
Good to see a 2014 SRT arrive in Australia I have had a White SRT on order since March and waiting waiting. Spoke to the dealer today and they may hear something around the 17th when it will arrive. Are you going to do any mods? I have parts sitting waiting to fit when mine arrives. I prefer the black interior.
What mods are you thinking of doing? I think when I get mine, i'll keep it stock for at least 2 weeks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-11-2013, 04:02 PM
coxey5150's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hills District, Sydney, NSW AU
Posts: 26
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 413
coxey5150 is on a distinguished road
Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaker View Post
I was one step ahead of you, i actually ordered a my13, at that point had not done enough homework, not realizing the my14 was in the making but the dealer screwed up and the contract fell on it's backside, lucky me!. The spider monkey satin carbons are an option for the my14, otherwise the chrome goliaths are the standard. For the my13s the satin carbon spider monkeys were the standard unless you ordered the Alpine, in which case you got the black chrome spider monkeys.

I ordered through Heartland Castle Hill, I'm in Rouse Hill.

Cheers
Peter

Hi Pete,

Ahh yes, good ol Heartland C/Hill. I work around the corner and have been talking with those guys for a while. Earlier in the year after I bailed on the my13 they had absolutely no idea of the new model even though it was announced on the web etc and of course had no idea about delivery time. And then when it was announced they knew very little detail. Good to see you got yours earlier this year, must have been one of the first out their door.

btw, I reckon i've seen you driving the white weapon around R/Hill, your the one i swear at thinking that bastards got a niiiice car !!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth West Aust
Posts: 145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 618
motor351 is on a distinguished road
Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

I have some parts already and have been looking at other builds on the site with envy. When my White SRT arrives the following will go on ASAP. Road Magnet Springs, BWoody sway bar links, BWoody CAI, Billet Technology underhood kit and catch can, De-Badge and De-Chrome exterior, Vinyl wrap roof, Hydro Dip carbon fiber the Dash, 22 x 10 rims, Nitto tyres and after I catch my breath see what else I can do. Finding parts for it in WA is difficult most parts are x USA.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 47
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 454
dkoong is on a distinguished road
Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

motor351

which dealer is this? how come you have had to wait so long since march?? i ordered one in october and expect my car to arrive in december sometime...

when is your car arriving? are you tracking it through this website?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth West Aust
Posts: 145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 618
motor351 is on a distinguished road
Angry Re: SRT Sepia Downunder

When I ordered it I was told the SRT will only have 2 deliveries to Australia in 2013 the July quota was over ordered and I had to wait for the November delivery which was also over ordered but I would get one of them. Told them I only wanted White with the sunroof. I tracked on internet the car carrier Tonsberg arriving to the Fremantle port Nov 6. Spoke to the dealer about it and they haven't heard anything yet said try around the 17th.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 sepia, australia sepia, laguna, sepia, SRT sepia

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sepia interior Scottina06 Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 167 07-26-2013 07:17 AM
Sepia tracking Rizzuto Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 15 05-01-2013 08:24 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.