Sydney SRT Club - Page 123 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1465  
Old 01-11-2015, 10:40 PM
orid's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 25
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 970
orid is on a distinguished road
Re: Sydney SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakey View Post
I've towed a car float and car weighing around 2000kg.
Be mindful the approved towing weight for the SRT is around 2900 kg. Also, be mindful of the MOPAR tow bar and hitch. The factory tow bar is only rated to about 2250kg

Thanks Blakey , My caravan is 2400 kg loaded , so all ok there , what tow bar do you have fitted please? Is the Mopar the factory one you refer to?
Or what would you recommend please?
Sorry for all the questions ,i know i could check all this out on websites but i"d rather hear it straight from the horses mouth so to speak
Regards Peter


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1466  
Old 01-12-2015, 02:24 AM
S513bt's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 97
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1080
S513bt is on a distinguished road
Re: Sydney SRT Club

Can someone tell me if I'm missing anything from my log books. ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1421047424.913594.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #1467  
Old 01-12-2015, 04:04 AM
Blakey's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 185
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 1575
Blakey is on a distinguished road
Re: Sydney SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by orid View Post


Thanks Blakey , My caravan is 2400 kg loaded , so all ok there , what tow bar do you have fitted please? Is the Mopar the factory one you refer to?

Or what would you recommend please?

Sorry for all the questions ,i know i could check all this out on websites but i"d rather hear it straight from the horses mouth so to speak

Regards Peter




Yep, mines the MOPAR setup and the hitch is only rated to around 2250kg
Hayman Reece may have a bar with a higher load rating
Reply With Quote
  #1468  
Old 01-12-2015, 07:03 AM
ENFORCER's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,184
Thanks: 29
Thanked 139 Times in 112 Posts
Rep Power: 323043
ENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sydney SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisd View Post
Did you check your fuse Enforcer? Mine is OK.

I wonder if the window tint is causiing it? I got the special metalic one, whatever the hell its called, so if it has metalic traces then of course thats going to further limit Bluetooth or whatever the TPMS uses.

What do you think?
I have not had a chance to check, but I doubt it is the problem. My tint is not metallic and is only on the front windows. Being the TPMS controller is in the left rear wheel well, I dount tinting could cause any problem, as there is also the pickups for each wheel in their respective wheel wells.

So far the dealer has blamed the crashcam and my ribbon lights. They made me remove them before they would do anything more, even when I told them it was BS and they were wasting my time and had NFI what the problem was.

The next time I took it in, they just wasted my time, by "getting data" which smells like bullshit. It has been nearly 10 weeks and they have not followed it up or done anything. I called JeepAU 5 weeks ago and told them my displeasure with the whole saga and they promised. Guess what they have done NOTHING as usual.

I just put up with it, but will give them another call and maybe escalate it with Fair Trading for shits and giggles.

Pity the service is so shit for such a fine car
__________________
Previous Ride = 2011 JGC CRD Overland
Current Ride = 2014 Silver JGC SRT with Pano, HK and Spider monkeys.
Mods = CLSTech Ribbon Mod

Best 1/4 13.4@102Mph
Reply With Quote
  #1469  
Old 01-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Krisd's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Sydney
Posts: 216
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1049
Krisd is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Sydney SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENFORCER View Post
I have not had a chance to check, but I doubt it is the problem. My tint is not metallic and is only on the front windows. Being the TPMS controller is in the left rear wheel well, I dount tinting could cause any problem, as there is also the pickups for each wheel in their respective wheel wells.

So far the dealer has blamed the crashcam and my ribbon lights. They made me remove them before they would do anything more, even when I told them it was BS and they were wasting my time and had NFI what the problem was.

The next time I took it in, they just wasted my time, by "getting data" which smells like bullshit. It has been nearly 10 weeks and they have not followed it up or done anything. I called JeepAU 5 weeks ago and told them my displeasure with the whole saga and they promised. Guess what they have done NOTHING as usual.

I just put up with it, but will give them another call and maybe escalate it with Fair Trading for shits and giggles.

Pity the service is so shit for such a fine car
Didnt know the TPMS pickups are in wheel wells- yeah then it cant be the tinting. Wonder why it mentions tinting can effect the TPMS in the manual?

Well, the Leichhardt dealer has ordered 4 new TPMS units for me- when they checked mine they said that none of them were receiving. So at least thats some positive news. The 4 new ones come from the US, so about 6 weeks- another couple to go. They didnt mention anything about my DRL ribbon mod- dont think they noticed. They will definitely screw up my plasti-dip painted Spider Monkeys when they replace the TPMS's, but that's OK- I think I will paint the wheels in metalic black anyway at that stage. I'll let you know how it goes.
Is it actually possible for you to go to another dealer if you are unsatisfied with their work?
__________________
White Aug'2014 SRT
DRL Headlight Ribbon mod
X-Force cat-back exhaust
Castle Hill Exhaust CAI
X- Lume illuminated grille badge
Reply With Quote
  #1470  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:04 PM
ENFORCER's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,184
Thanks: 29
Thanked 139 Times in 112 Posts
Rep Power: 323043
ENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sydney SRT Club

I hope they get the correct TPMS wheel sensors. I have heard that there are 2 models with different frequencies. This may be why your aren't working, as Export models are different.
Hopefully it fixes your problem. The dealer tested my senders with a special receiver that showed each TPMS was functioning.
__________________
Previous Ride = 2011 JGC CRD Overland
Current Ride = 2014 Silver JGC SRT with Pano, HK and Spider monkeys.
Mods = CLSTech Ribbon Mod

Best 1/4 13.4@102Mph
Reply With Quote
  #1471  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Krisd's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Sydney
Posts: 216
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1049
Krisd is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Sydney SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENFORCER View Post
I hope they get the correct TPMS wheel sensors. I have heard that there are 2 models with different frequencies. This may be why your aren't working, as Export models are different.
Hopefully it fixes your problem. The dealer tested my senders with a special receiver that showed each TPMS was functioning.
Right. Well, the warranty guy didnt leave me with a lot of confidence......at a guess I would say he hasnt done this "The dealer tested my senders with a special receiver that showed each TPMS was functioning" properly.

Will soon find out though.
__________________
White Aug'2014 SRT
DRL Headlight Ribbon mod
X-Force cat-back exhaust
Castle Hill Exhaust CAI
X- Lume illuminated grille badge
Reply With Quote
  #1472  
Old 01-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Sydney, AU
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 899
aDgE is on a distinguished road
Re: Sydney SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisd View Post
Didnt know the TPMS pickups are in wheel wells- yeah then it cant be the tinting. Wonder why it mentions tinting can effect the TPMS in the manual?

Well, the Leichhardt dealer has ordered 4 new TPMS units for me- when they checked mine they said that none of them were receiving. So at least thats some positive news. The 4 new ones come from the US, so about 6 weeks- another couple to go. They didnt mention anything about my DRL ribbon mod- dont think they noticed. They will definitely screw up my plasti-dip painted Spider Monkeys when they replace the TPMS's, but that's OK- I think I will paint the wheels in metalic black anyway at that stage. I'll let you know how it goes.
Is it actually possible for you to go to another dealer if you are unsatisfied with their work?
Thank god, that is good news.
Yeah I think it's fine to go elsewhere if your not satisfied with these noobs.
Reply With Quote
  #1473  
Old 01-12-2015, 07:40 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hills District, Sydney (Au)
Posts: 68
Thanks: 12
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 1818
nav12c is on a distinguished road
Re: Sydney SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisd View Post
Is it actually possible for you to go to another dealer if you are unsatisfied with their work?
Hi Kris, I changed from Chullora to Castle Hill with no problems. The new service advisor had to call the old one as some existing issues needed fixing, but all good on the end - well in terms of transfer anyway.
__________________
SRT - Redline, HK/ Pano, Spider Monkeys, Sepia interior. Ordered 24 Jan 2014, Delivered 17 Oct 2014
Reply With Quote
  #1474  
Old 01-13-2015, 05:23 AM
S513bt's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 97
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1080
S513bt is on a distinguished road
Re: Sydney SRT Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by S513bt View Post
Can someone tell me if I'm missing anything from my log books. Attachment 51372


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Anyone?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #1475  
Old 01-13-2015, 05:40 AM
DCRSRT's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hills District, Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,522
Thanks: 750
Thanked 158 Times in 122 Posts
Rep Power: 3520
DCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond reputeDCRSRT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sydney SRT Club

I don't have the Uconnect book, and my operating manual says "Grand Cherokee Including SRT" as opposed to just having SRT like yours.


And I bet you don't have one of these :P


__________________
MY14 Deep Cherry Red JGC SRT. Injen CAI. GT Haus Meisterschaft cat back. CLStech headlight ribbon mod. DBA T3 5000 rotors.
X-Lume Color Shift illuminated grille badge. X-Lume illuminated tow hitch cover badge. 22x10 Octane OC500 wheels.


Join us on Facebook:
Reply With Quote
  #1476  
Old 01-13-2015, 06:36 AM
S513bt's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 97
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1080
S513bt is on a distinguished road
Re: Sydney SRT Club

Nah don't have that, I've got the generic one with jeep, dodge, fiat logos. Is that a dealer special?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2012, 2013, 2014, australia, jeep srt8, SRT, sydney

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ORT Club! omelet Off Road Modifications 602 08-29-2016 07:33 PM
Hi from Sydney Australia cptslobodan New Members - Welcome! 6 06-19-2013 12:24 PM
Hello from Sydney Cage New Members - Welcome! 10 06-08-2013 10:19 AM
Hi from Sydney Big Red New Members - Welcome! 5 08-06-2011 09:11 PM
12 Second Club! Robert Palmer At The Track 22 10-02-2010 04:06 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.