The biggest change for the '15 - Page 4 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 09-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 1444
lastchance is on a distinguished road
Re: The biggest change for the '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGrizzwold View Post
For you two (or more) guys that swapped '14 SRTs for 15s, any specific reasons?

I read on the one that the swap from alcantara to full leather was due to an active lifestyle and the desire to keep sweat out of the seat fabric.

Just curious is all and the reason of "because I can" is completely acceptable too.

Not too many changes from '14 to '15 which would drive me to swap one year apart.
I had a 14' but traded that for a 15' Yukon Denali and then the Denali for the 15' SRT. I don't know if I would have traded my 14' jeep for a 15'. I am excited about the minor changes they made though. They seemed to fix most of the things that bugged me in the first place considering the price of the vehicle. I did not do the transmission update and the rough downshifts was one of the things that drove me nuts with my 14'. Mine is expected at the dealer by the end of the week or by next Monday at the latest. I already have a small pile of parts waiting....Lloyds mats, tail light tint, SRT front lower badge, black grille rings, black rear jeep emblem and a few in the works.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lastchance For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #38  
Old 09-15-2014, 01:49 PM
CWGrizzwold's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Apex, North Carolina
Posts: 144
Thanks: 15
Thanked 76 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Power: 1546170
CWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The biggest change for the '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
I had a 14' but traded that for a 15' Yukon Denali and then the Denali for the 15' SRT. I don't know if I would have traded my 14' jeep for a 15'. I am excited about the minor changes they made though. They seemed to fix most of the things that bugged me in the first place considering the price of the vehicle. I did not do the transmission update and the rough downshifts was one of the things that drove me nuts with my 14'. Mine is expected at the dealer by the end of the week or by next Monday at the latest. I already have a small pile of parts waiting....Lloyds mats, tail light tint, SRT front lower badge, black grille rings, black rear jeep emblem and a few in the works.
Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm the part number for the black grille rings?

I have already done the black badge swap all the way around (with the exception of the SRT logo on the rear. I am curious to see if you think the '15 tail lights are darker than the '14s. Reading through their release I read it as a change for the 15' but once again may only be Red Vapor specific.

No likey the '15 Yukon Denali? You fear not the off-the-lot appreciation. I love it!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-15-2014, 02:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1898
mattythreeputt is on a distinguished road
Re: The biggest change for the '15

I traded, because I really didn't want black in the first place. I had a grey '12 and it got hailed out.... the only 14 I could get at the time was black. Although it was really nice looking, it was ALWAYS dirty.....
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-15-2014, 02:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 1444
lastchance is on a distinguished road
Re: The biggest change for the '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGrizzwold View Post
Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm the part number for the black grille rings?

I have already done the black badge swap all the way around (with the exception of the SRT logo on the rear. I am curious to see if you think the '15 tail lights are darker than the '14s. Reading through their release I read it as a change for the 15' but once again may only be Red Vapor specific.

No likey the '15 Yukon Denali? You fear not the off-the-lot appreciation. I love it!
I did not order the red vapor grille rings, just a extra set of chrome rings that I had dealer paint gloss black. My jeep is black so I will just debadge the sides and front. I am keeping the lower rings and side trim chrome at first to see how I like it. Not looking for the "murdered out" look but maybe I will change my mind after.
I really try to buy and sell right. It only cost me $4k to drive my Denali 6500mi which is not bad on a vehicle with a $74k MSRP (paid $68k) and I bought the new SRT $2k below invoice.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-15-2014, 11:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 104
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 972
PIXER is on a distinguished road
Re: The biggest change for the '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
I did not order the red vapor grille rings, just a extra set of chrome rings that I had dealer paint gloss black. My jeep is black so I will just debadge the sides and front. I am keeping the lower rings and side trim chrome at first to see how I like it. Not looking for the "murdered out" look but maybe I will change my mind after.
I really try to buy and sell right. It only cost me $4k to drive my Denali 6500mi which is not bad on a vehicle with a $74k MSRP (paid $68k) and I bought the new SRT $2k below invoice.

From where did you buy your new SRT? The 2015 you mean correct?
__________________
'14 SRT Jeep- Redline with Sound, Roof, Tow
'13 GT500- Ordered 6/7, Grabber Blue w/ Black Stripes, SVTPP Electronics, Recaros, Shaker, Delivered 1/5/13 ($22k in mods)
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 1444
lastchance is on a distinguished road
Re: The biggest change for the '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIXER View Post
From where did you buy your new SRT? The 2015 you mean correct?
Yes, the 2015. I actually paid MSRP on my 14'(ouch!), it was one of the first in the state at the time and it was a supply demand thing. Local dealer and I had to work them pretty hard and let them know I could go elsewhere and get that deal. My argument was they already made plenty off me on the 14' and that the demand was not going to be as high as it was for the 14'.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 986
Thanks: 48
Thanked 105 Times in 88 Posts
Rep Power: 39133
bmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The biggest change for the '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIXER View Post
From where did you buy your new SRT? The 2015 you mean correct?
I know of one dealer in TX selling built to order 2015 SRTs for 3% under invoice with no hassle. I'll be picking mine up this week.
__________________
2015 WK2 SRT - Billet Silver
Previous Jeeps - '12 WK2 Overland, '99 WJ, '96 ZJ, '93 ZJ (Caged & locked on 35s)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 104
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 972
PIXER is on a distinguished road
Re: The biggest change for the '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
I know of one dealer in TX selling built to order 2015 SRTs for 3% under invoice with no hassle. I'll be picking mine up this week.
I saw that group buy thing
__________________
'14 SRT Jeep- Redline with Sound, Roof, Tow
'13 GT500- Ordered 6/7, Grabber Blue w/ Black Stripes, SVTPP Electronics, Recaros, Shaker, Delivered 1/5/13 ($22k in mods)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 986
Thanks: 48
Thanked 105 Times in 88 Posts
Rep Power: 39133
bmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The biggest change for the '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIXER View Post
I saw that group buy thing
Yup, it has been stress-free and the price vs the local guys makes it well worth buying a plane ticket out there and driving back.
__________________
2015 WK2 SRT - Billet Silver
Previous Jeeps - '12 WK2 Overland, '99 WJ, '96 ZJ, '93 ZJ (Caged & locked on 35s)
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:38 PM
klemmy's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 53
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 909
klemmy is on a distinguished road
Re: The biggest change for the '15

I just bought and picked up a 2015 from Antioch Jeep in Antioch, IL. Sticker was $72k, sale price $65k. I believe this ends up being $2k under invoice? Let me know if you guys have any questions about the 2015 that I can answer. I've had it for a week now and love it!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-24-2014, 04:24 PM
CWGrizzwold's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Apex, North Carolina
Posts: 144
Thanks: 15
Thanked 76 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Power: 1546170
CWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond reputeCWGrizzwold has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The biggest change for the '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by klemmy View Post
I just bought and picked up a 2015 from Antioch Jeep in Antioch, IL. Sticker was $72k, sale price $65k. I believe this ends up being $2k under invoice? Let me know if you guys have any questions about the 2015 that I can answer. I've had it for a week now and love it!
Congrats on the 2015! I am curious as to how well the active noise cancellation is working. The big test is whether or not you can hear the exhaust drone when MDS kicks in and goes to 4 cylinders. It is very noticeable on 2014s at highway speeds.

Can you also tell me what it lists as your NAV map database date? Not the software revision but the actual date. It is buried in the NAV options.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 986
Thanks: 48
Thanked 105 Times in 88 Posts
Rep Power: 39133
bmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond reputebmrisko has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The biggest change for the '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGrizzwold View Post
Congrats on the 2015! I am curious as to how well the active noise cancellation is working. The big test is whether or not you can hear the exhaust drone when MDS kicks in and goes to 4 cylinders. It is very noticeable on 2014s at highway speeds.

Can you also tell me what it lists as your NAV map database date? Not the software revision but the actual date. It is buried in the NAV options.
I still hear the exhaust drone on my 2015 when the MDS kicks on. The noise cancellation doesn't appear to do much...
__________________
2015 WK2 SRT - Billet Silver
Previous Jeeps - '12 WK2 Overland, '99 WJ, '96 ZJ, '93 ZJ (Caged & locked on 35s)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats The Biggest Tire WITHOUT A Lift For The WK? Frankie Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 32 12-14-2016 04:10 PM
Biggest wheel for daily driver? DICE Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 9 11-03-2010 01:59 AM
JG's BIGGEST REP'R: Decal finally done. SoCalMoparWK Visual Modifications 35 03-21-2010 10:33 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.