What did you do to your WK2 SRT today? - Page 209 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #2497  
Old 02-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Vtac2's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Westcoast BC
Posts: 138
Thanks: 32
Thanked 57 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 1028
Vtac2 has a reputation beyond reputeVtac2 has a reputation beyond reputeVtac2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you do to your WK2 SRT today?

de-badged the GC side emblems today…..ordered up the black grill rings, and black "392 Hemi" badges for the sides…not sure if I'll do the lower chrome vents rings yet…..

__________________
07 Jeep JKUR, built not bought!
BW 2015 Jeep SRT
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2498  
Old 02-17-2015, 11:33 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 80
Thanks: 17
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 840
casefresh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtac2 View Post
de-badged the GC side emblems today…..ordered up the black grill rings, and black "392 Hemi" badges for the sides…not sure if I'll do the lower chrome vents rings yet…..
Vtac2 - what technique did you use for removing the side grand cherokee emblems and total time involved? Thinking of removing mine. Thanks in advance.
__________________
Current Jeep:


-2015 Jeep SRT Billet Silver


Past Jeeps:
-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (White)
-2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (Silver)
-2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Black)
Reply With Quote
  #2499  
Old 02-18-2015, 12:52 AM
Vtac2's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Westcoast BC
Posts: 138
Thanks: 32
Thanked 57 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 1028
Vtac2 has a reputation beyond reputeVtac2 has a reputation beyond reputeVtac2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you do to your WK2 SRT today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by casefresh View Post
Vtac2 - what technique did you use for removing the side grand cherokee emblems and total time involved? Thinking of removing mine. Thanks in advance.
Every time I removed badges on my 2010 was the ice pack/credit card method, and it worked well…..I even used that method for the front jeep emblem on the 15….but I figured I would try a different method today, as the GC side emblems are longer, and I didn't feel leaving the ice pack on so long multiple times over….so I used the hair dryer/dental floss tape method…also fishing line will work..(dental floss tape is just a stronger type of floss)…once I heated up the letters, over maybe 1 minute, they came off very easy…any left over residue, just rolled off with my finger…..I then used quick detailer/mycrofibre towel and wiped away the little bit of dirt….came off beautifully, not marks, just clean….

FYI, if you use the hair dryer/heat gun, avoid direct heat for long…just heat up slowly…avoiding damage to your clear/paint.

cheers
__________________
07 Jeep JKUR, built not bought!
BW 2015 Jeep SRT
Reply With Quote
  #2500  
Old 02-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 80
Thanks: 17
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 840
casefresh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtac2 View Post

Every time I removed badges on my 2010 was the ice pack/credit card method, and it worked well…..I even used that method for the front jeep emblem on the 15….but I figured I would try a different method today, as the GC side emblems are longer, and I didn't feel leaving the ice pack on so long multiple times over….so I used the hair dryer/dental floss tape method…also fishing line will work..(dental floss tape is just a stronger type of floss)…once I heated up the letters, over maybe 1 minute, they came off very easy…any left over residue, just rolled off with my finger…..I then used quick detailer/mycrofibre towel and wiped away the little bit of dirt….came off beautifully, not marks, just clean….

FYI, if you use the hair dryer/heat gun, avoid direct heat for long…just heat up slowly…avoiding damage to your clear/paint.

cheers
Thanks Vtac. Wow. I never heard of using an ice pack before, just heat. Any benefit using ice pack over heat? Did use use soap?
__________________
Current Jeep:


-2015 Jeep SRT Billet Silver


Past Jeeps:
-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (White)
-2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (Silver)
-2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (Black)
Reply With Quote
  #2501  
Old 02-18-2015, 10:52 PM
Vtac2's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Westcoast BC
Posts: 138
Thanks: 32
Thanked 57 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 1028
Vtac2 has a reputation beyond reputeVtac2 has a reputation beyond reputeVtac2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you do to your WK2 SRT today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by casefresh View Post
Thanks Vtac. Wow. I never heard of using an ice pack before, just heat. Any benefit using ice pack over heat? Did use use soap?
Ice pack method, cools it down enough to make the adhesive little more brittle….then basically pry from any corner with your fav credit card, and it flies off…only down side, I found once, was if you have any dirt or grime around your emblem, the credit card can scratch your finish…can be buffed out, but a bit more risk…

The heat gun or hair dryer way just softens the adhesive enough to be slide fishing line or dental floss behind the emblem….IMO this way is easy, not as fast, but also safer. I didn't use any soap afterwards to wash the area, but a quick detailer. Just youtube, how to de-badge your vehicle, and you will see a few variants

__________________
07 Jeep JKUR, built not bought!
BW 2015 Jeep SRT
Reply With Quote
  #2502  
Old 02-19-2015, 09:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 272
Thanks: 29
Thanked 81 Times in 63 Posts
Rep Power: 1025
2015_SRT is on a distinguished road
Re: What did you do to your WK2 SRT today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtac2 View Post
Ice pack method, cools it down enough to make the adhesive little more brittle….then basically pry from any corner with your fav credit card, and it flies off…only down side, I found once, was if you have any dirt or grime around your emblem, the credit card can scratch your finish…can be buffed out, but a bit more risk…

The heat gun or hair dryer way just softens the adhesive enough to be slide fishing line or dental floss behind the emblem….IMO this way is easy, not as fast, but also safer. I didn't use any soap afterwards to wash the area, but a quick detailer. Just youtube, how to de-badge your vehicle, and you will see a few variants

What about that poor Sam's Club card?
Reply With Quote
  #2503  
Old 02-21-2015, 08:18 AM
RN SHRRK's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 190
Thanks: 30
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1401
RN SHRRK is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: What did you do to your WK2 SRT today?

Got my best 0-60 time this morning. Outside temp 23 F. SRT was warned up tho. Flat road, sport mode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (326.7 KB, 53 views)
__________________

2014 SRT Grand Cherokee- stock (her toy)
2009 Nissan 370Z- not stock (track day toy)
2008 Acura TL Type S- stock (our daily)
Reply With Quote
  #2504  
Old 02-21-2015, 09:07 AM
CLStech's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: RTP, NC
Posts: 2,109
Thanks: 1,266
Thanked 560 Times in 384 Posts
Rep Power: 1548387
CLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RN SHRRK View Post
Got my best 0-60 time this morning. Outside temp 23 F. SRT was warned up tho. Flat road, sport mode.
Looking good, faster than mine. Going out now to try to beat you!
__________________
The Albino: 2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Bright White - Black/Sepia - Black Chrome - Tow Package - High Performance Audio - Pano Roof
*Debadged | Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Reflective Caliper Wrap | Billet Technology Catch Can & Accesories | Injen Intake | LED Interior Swap | LED Puddle/Entry Lighting | Lower Grill Badge | Tint | 6000K Headlights | 3000K Foglights | Road Magnet Mid Springs | Headlight DRL Mod | RAX Jailbreak | Rear Fog Lights | Electronic Cutouts | BlackOps End Links | Borla S-type | Velgen VMB5 22x10.5*
Instagram: CLStech
Twitter: CLStech
Reply With Quote
  #2505  
Old 02-21-2015, 11:11 AM
jbjones85's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh/Durham NC
Posts: 1,129
Thanks: 76
Thanked 135 Times in 105 Posts
Rep Power: 3979
jbjones85 has a reputation beyond reputejbjones85 has a reputation beyond reputejbjones85 has a reputation beyond reputejbjones85 has a reputation beyond reputejbjones85 has a reputation beyond reputejbjones85 has a reputation beyond reputejbjones85 has a reputation beyond reputejbjones85 has a reputation beyond reputejbjones85 has a reputation beyond reputejbjones85 has a reputation beyond reputejbjones85 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you do to your WK2 SRT today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN SHRRK View Post
Got my best 0-60 time this morning. Outside temp 23 F. SRT was warned up tho. Flat road, sport mode.

Nicely done. That was my best with mine as well.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #2506  
Old 02-21-2015, 02:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 272
Thanks: 29
Thanked 81 Times in 63 Posts
Rep Power: 1025
2015_SRT is on a distinguished road
Re: What did you do to your WK2 SRT today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjones85 View Post
Nicely done. That was my best with mine as well.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Same time here. uploadfromtaptalk1424545271663.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #2507  
Old 02-25-2015, 07:27 PM
lillyjas's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 349
Thanks: 10
Thanked 66 Times in 49 Posts
Rep Power: 1782
lillyjas has a reputation beyond reputelillyjas has a reputation beyond reputelillyjas has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: What did you do to your WK2 SRT today?

Had a little fun this evening - over on the 'country' side of town on some back roads - all clear yet cold - needed to pull some G's

Run 1 = Sport mode, held the brake and launched – all 4 wheels spun – got 4.2 seconds
Run 2 = Sport mode, less brake and hammered it,just a little bark – 4.1 seconds
Run 3= track mode, a little brake and nailed it – 3.8 seconds! See attached
Run 4 = track mode, Launch control @ 27-2800RPM –4.1 seconds

½ tank gas, winter tires, 16 degrees

the beast loves cold air! the only thing positive about this winter...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2288.jpg (523.0 KB, 57 views)
__________________
"Dark Shadow"- 2014 Jeep GC SRT

BT Catch Can, InJen CAI, Tint all around, debadged, Tinted tail lights, Vinyl Wrapped Window Trim, Road Magnet-Mids, Blackops endlinks & rear control arms, Black Powdercoated Borla ATAK, 87mm TB, CFR front splitter, Cross Drilled Brembo Sport Brakes w/Hawk Pads, Black coated Spider Monkey Rims, Blendmount Valentine V1

Pure Michigan
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lillyjas For This Useful Post:
  #2508  
Old 03-08-2015, 04:40 PM
xJoshxx's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Burlington,KY
Posts: 1,461
Thanks: 128
Thanked 156 Times in 129 Posts
Rep Power: 74153
xJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond reputexJoshxx has a reputation beyond repute
Found a coolant temp sensor leak. While cleaning the catch can.. no idea how long it's been leaking looks easy to change and cheap $28

Pn
5149077AB
ForumRunner_20150308_163858.png
__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2012, 2013, 2014, 392, 5 speed, 6.4, 8 speed, black ops, borla, carbon fiber, headers, hemi, jeep srt, kooks, SRT, SRT8, wk2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got to see the SRT that I ordered today BuckeyeSRT Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 21 02-02-2015 03:00 PM
Ordered Today 14 SRT Gunnr Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 8 02-26-2013 07:42 AM
GOT my 2012+ Jeep WK2 SRT Black Ops red carbon fiber today!WOWOWOW! Scottina06 Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 30 11-19-2012 11:29 PM
Is the SRT Tour still on in Braintree, MA today? transam Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 18 09-08-2011 12:08 PM
Picked Up an 07 SRT Today IronGuillotine New Members - Welcome! 19 01-09-2011 04:03 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.