|JeepGarage.org Community Rules
There is no charge for joining this Forum! This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in Jeeps. Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand and above all be nice. If you come across any violations to these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Report Post function or the Contact Us link (bottom of the page); we'll be happy to address your concerns.
We aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. Treat each other with respect just as you would on the road.
- Our rules extend to all sections of the website including private messaging.
- Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.
- Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
- Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.
- Participants may not post or bump threads to pad post counts. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot.
- Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.
- Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter may be removed.
- Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may result in immediate suspension of your account.
- Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
- Trolling, flaming and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
- Discussions about politics, religion and weaponry are likely to be closed or removed if they turn into flame fests.
- We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously!
No Spam, Sales or Solicitations
Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
- Participants may not post affiliate links or direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have an owner/operator interest unless a commercial account has been established. Exception to this may be found in Site Sponsor section (see below).
- Post Jeep and Jeep-related sales in Classifieds only. Discussion forums, galleries or other sections of our site may not be used to sell products or solicit for items wanted. A brief (passing) mention that an item is listed in the Classified area is acceptable, but must not include an item description, pricing or similar details. Please see classifieds posting guidelines below.
- Forum members should use the standard fonts available on the forum. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color.
- E-mail and web address are not appropriate forum user names.
- Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.
- The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
- Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it's still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to source.The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
Signatures must be setup in your profile rather than manually added to your messages. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
- Signatures must be kept to a maximum of four lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than one links (non-commercial).
- Signature may not include email addresses, links to competing websites, prompts to contact or a sales pitch.
- Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bold.
- Supporting members may have a maximum of two images in their signature. No inappropriate or promotional images are allowed.
Classifieds Posting Rules
Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership. We accept absolutely no liability for transactions that go awry! All use is at your own risk!
- Only established members may post ads in classifieds (we have a minimum required post count).
- Place only one ad per item - do not post or repost an ad in more than one section of the classifieds. No 'Services' offered (or wanted) of any kind are allowed.
- Do not place ads directing others to an e-bay or other online sale or directing others to another website. Items MUST be priced - no auctions.
- Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
- Only ads for used items are permitted in our classifieds.
- When your item has sold or is no longer available please post to the discussion thread to that effect.
- Commercial listings (brokers, dealer sales, etc) are NOT allowed. (Please see Sponsor information for Commercial sales)
- Members must adhere to all additional requirements for classifieds listings (posted in the classifieds forums).
JeepGarage.org neither endorses or organises group buys; we offer this section of the site as a benefit of membership.
- Group buys may be organised by private individuals but not by commercial entities.
- No vehicle buys are permitted; parts and Jeep related products only please.
- Group buys must have clearly defined parameters (beginning and end date, costs, etc).
- Please read additional guidelines in the group buys forum.
To support our commitment to provide a member based Jeep resource community, JeepGarage accepts sponsorship and advertising from companies providing quality products and services. We value our site sponsors and the expertise and experience they bring to Jeep community.
- Our Official vendors will be designated as Vendors and become part of our Vendor Group. Vendors have designated forum areas specifically designed to post announcements about products and services. They are encouraged to answer member questions in regard to their products and may quote product prices and promote sales specials in this forum.
- Sponsors may provide links to external content about their products.
- Sponsors are encouraged to post and join in general forum conversations.
- Official sponsors may not solicit our membership or advertise in any other section of the forum except as specifically allowed in these policies or by prior arrangements with SK networks. Sponsors may post information about their products and answer questions about their product posed by any party that requests the information.
- Sponsors may offer information that points out the differences between their product and a competing product only if it serves to clarify an issue but may not post in a disparaging way about a competitor's product.
- Sponsors may have their business name incorporated into their signature block, a link to their website and may include their business telephone number.
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.
About the First Amendment, censorship and your "right to free speech"
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not mean that we are required to publish your speech. This Forum is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted. If you cannot accept these guidelines we encourage you to contact one of the many good web hosting companies out there and exercise that right to your heart's content.
Site Management, Member Concerns & Account Closure
If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.
Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every forum page.
Participants may only have one account. Moderators may consolidate or delete multiple accounts.
We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways: change the user name, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and identifying information or replace it with fictitious info. We may change account options to refuse contact and/or ban the account. Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original user name will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge).
Registering and participating at JeepGarage.org constitutes agreement to abide by the Social Knowledge Network Terms of Service (Social Knowledge is the company that owns this forum). We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without prior notice.
Someone has to interpret the above guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site team to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact us.