Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/driving-with-the-rear-glass-up-yes-or-no-10075.html)

White WK Swagga 06-07-2010 09:41 AM

Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
I posed a question to a few members via text this weekend. On my drive out to the Hamptons I didn't feel like running the A/C so I had all the windows down and the moonroof open. It was about 90 degrees and there was a nice breeze coming in but I wanted more!!! So I decided to pull over and pop up the rear glass window. I got back on the hwy and went up to 50mph with no shaking or anything so I took it up to 65mph and it appeared to be fine with no shaking/vibrating at all. When I got to my destination my glass was still there and intact. I was wondering if anyone else drives like this or has had any issues or concerns with driving with the rear glass popped up.

Discuss......

SRTILL8 06-07-2010 09:44 AM

Re: Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
i suppose you can do this. i dont run the a/c much at all. cause it kills the gas needle hard core in a SRT8. anyways got a question for ya...


instead of pulling over to open your hitch popper glass......

why not just hit popper glass open on your key fob??:eek::eek::eek::eek:while driving.....

lolz-:D

cheers-

Robert Palmer 06-07-2010 09:45 AM

Re: Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
There's no problem with it other than it is illegal and if someone rear ends you, well you have glass all over the place. lol

White WK Swagga 06-07-2010 09:46 AM

Re: Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TilaSRT8 (Post 218166)
i suppose you can do this. i dont run the a/c much at all. cause it kills the gas needle hard core in a SRT8. anyways got a question for ya...


instead of pulling over to open your hitch popper glass......

why not just hit popper glass open on your key fob??:eek::eek::eek::eek:while driving.....

lolz-:D

cheers-

It doesn't work if key is in ignition... I tried I had to pull over and take the key out.

DAVY27 06-07-2010 09:47 AM

Re: Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
i do it too, on short commutes like to a friends or a park. the thing about it doing it on the highway is if you want it closed you have to pull over and shut it yourself.

White WK Swagga 06-07-2010 09:47 AM

Re: Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 218169)
There's no problem with it other than it is illegal and if someone rear ends you, well you have glass all over the place. lol

Yeah you said it was illegal but I was heading to the hamptons and there was other trucks/suv's with surf boards sticking out the back so I figured what the hell ya know...

Robert Palmer 06-07-2010 09:49 AM

Re: Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
Nate just owned Atilla. LOLz

SRTILL8 06-07-2010 09:50 AM

Re: Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
well ok then. i wouldnt know cause i never thought to try something like this....

anyways though. joes reasoning is bleak- all ya have to tell the officer if u get pulled over just for a popper glass open *highly doubt that- cause people do it all the time while hauling larger than usual supplies and etc* just say it broke an it wont close everytime- your getting it fixed asap. bam there ya go.

gl though

SRTILL8 06-07-2010 09:51 AM

Re: Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
joes driving a prius:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::slapfight:


need i say more- lolz:p

tilla never gets owned- he runs the world-:thumbsup:

Robert Palmer 06-07-2010 09:59 AM

Re: Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TilaSRT8 (Post 218176)
well ok then. i wouldnt know cause i never thought to try something like this....

anyways though. joes reasoning is bleak- all ya have to tell the officer if u get pulled over just for a popper glass open *highly doubt that- cause people do it all the time while hauling larger than usual supplies and etc* just say it broke an it wont close everytime- your getting it fixed asap. bam there ya go.

gl though

But if the cop sees Nate not hauling anything, IF he wants to, he could give Nate the ticket. Even if he has it open.



Quote:

Originally Posted by TilaSRT8 (Post 218178)
joes driving a prius:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::slapfight:


need i say more- lolz:p

tilla never gets owned- he runs the world-:thumbsup:


Hey dont get mad you got owned. :p LOLOLOLOL :lol:

SRTILL8 06-07-2010 10:04 AM

Re: Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
:eek:lol im not mad- im sarcastic at best. just stirrin it up with ya- its ok, we know u secretly enjoy the prius, i saw ur youtube video on how to stop a prius not too long ago either. nice touch broseph:p

White Chocolate 06-07-2010 10:05 AM

Re: Driving with the rear glass up, Yes or No???
 
LOL, Nate, did you pop it open just a little? or did you have it up ALL the way?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community