Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/supercharger-for-5-7-4x4-interest-10080.html)

baldeagle432 06-07-2010 11:08 AM

supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
I called vortech today to look into r&d for a 5.7 4wd supercharger kit the 6.1 kit they make will bolt up but the tune will not work so i called and try to get some interest but they said not enough people want it so we all need to team up and call to see if they will make us one whos with me

blackpepper 06-07-2010 11:10 AM

Re: supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
so there is a kit but someone needs to tune it? I'm with you, I can have my shop tune it if that's the case..

OBXJeep 06-07-2010 05:59 PM

Re: supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
I'm definately intrigued.

GR33N D3M0N 06-07-2010 11:18 PM

Re: supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
man i wish i had a hemi! haha

baldeagle432 06-08-2010 05:12 PM

Re: supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
welll i have been making some calls and it looks like everything will bolt up but the mount bracket which would be easy to make and there is a place here in texas that can tune them but i have bene thinkin more about it and think maybe a remote turbo kit would work better any thoughts

Chaoul1 06-08-2010 07:10 PM

Re: supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
You could go with a STS Turbo or upgrade your Engine to a 392 Arrington Stroker!

OBXJeep 06-08-2010 11:33 PM

Re: supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.7L wk (Post 218638)
man i wish i had a hemi! haha

x2

Scottina06 06-08-2010 11:35 PM

Re: supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baldeagle432 (Post 218998)
welll i have been making some calls and it looks like everything will bolt up but the mount bracket which would be easy to make and there is a place here in texas that can tune them but i have bene thinkin more about it and think maybe a remote turbo kit would work better any thoughts



a vendor here...NCTS makes a syetm for the 5.7 hemi

Tim@NCTSLLC 06-08-2010 11:38 PM

Re: supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
We released the first FI turbo system for the 5.7 Hemi Cherokee almost a yer and a half ago. To date it is still the only production FI system available for the 5.7 Cherokee. Plenty of details in our vendor section.

surfrman 07-08-2010 07:18 PM

Re: supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim@NCTSLLC (Post 219246)
We released the first FI turbo system for the 5.7 Hemi Cherokee almost a yer and a half ago. To date it is still the only production FI system available for the 5.7 Cherokee. Plenty of details in our vendor section.


Looks nice that turbo kit, did u know how much power increase, i been watching the gallery and yes the turbo always be better that a supercharged system, less lag and lose of power. But i dont see the ecu mods are made by ?????, many supercharger kits that i see for the 5.7, have a tune mod feeded by diablosport devices, this one i dont see and read any about it.

Escape 07-08-2010 10:42 PM

Re: supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
The iEMS3 is used for the turbo system (spark, fuel, meth, boost, NO2, ect..). If you want to get into the PCM for torque management ect, Diablo can do that for you.

http://www.iems3.com/

I run both.

Power levels can be pushed as far as your wallet can take it.

I am currently running at the "My wife won't ride in it anymore and it has made her so scared she cried" level...lol.

maxst2 07-08-2010 11:23 PM

Re: supercharger for 5.7 4x4 interest
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Escape (Post 232452)
The iEMS3 is used for the turbo system (spark, fuel, meth, boost, NO2, ect..). If you want to get into the PCM for torque management ect, Diablo can do that for you.

http://www.iems3.com/

I run both.

Power levels can be pushed as far as your wallet can take it.

I am currently running at the "My wife won't ride in it anymore and it has made her so scared she cried" level...lol.

:thumbsup:

PS VIDEOS please :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community