Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/)
-   -   Anyone on Long Island have the heart to help me out with a shock install? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f198/anyone-on-long-island-have-the-heart-to-help-me-out-with-a-shock-install-10081.html)

Nice_WJ 06-07-2010 11:46 AM

Anyone on Long Island have the heart to help me out with a shock install?

Hey guys, I'm new on this forum but I have a set of 4 Bilstein shocks waiting install. My step dad doesn't like em working on the Jeep at the house, and it'll be nice to have an extra pair of hands to help me do the install. I was quoted at $200 bucks at a garage which is insane.. Ill come to you, that's not a problem and ill give yah like $40 bucks or summin I don't know.

I tried to install my cat back exhaust alone and I had to drive to Pep Boys with no exhaust because I couldn't do it haha. I don't want that to happen again.

I'm in Huntington
Thanks

latino277 06-07-2010 12:04 PM

Re: Anyone on Long Island have the heart to help me out with a shock install?

This is a really easy job. The rears are 2 bolts each and they come out with a good yank!! The fronts are a little tricky as the piston may spin but all you need to do is cut away the plastic shroud and grab hold of the base of the piston with good set of pliers. Shouldn't take more than 45 min for a 1st timer.

White WK Swagga 06-07-2010 12:08 PM

I would help ya if you can help me do my SRT spring install. I work in Hauppauge and live in Brookhaven.

Nice_WJ 06-07-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by latino277 (Post 218257)
This is a really easy job. The rears are 2 bolts each and they come out with a good yank!! The fronts are a little tricky as the piston may spin but all you need to do is cut away the plastic shroud and grab hold of the base of the piston with good set of pliers. Shouldn't take more than 45 min for a 1st timer.

The problem isnt me having the ability to do it, I can lol. Its just my step dad doesn't want me to work on the Jeep at the house. And I want an extra pair of hands

Nice_WJ 06-07-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 218259)
I would help ya if you can help me do my SRT spring install. I work in Hauppauge and live in Brookhaven.

Sure I can help ya out. Don't know much about the WK but ill figure it out. It'll be an even trade then.

White WK Swagga 06-07-2010 01:00 PM

We can do it at my job in Hauppauge. There's a mechanic there sometimes that can give us a hand too. Do you have tools?

Nice_WJ 06-07-2010 08:09 PM

Yeah I do. The only tools that I don't have that I think ill need are deep sockets. But I have a lot of tools, yep

Marlin 06-08-2010 05:12 AM

This makes my heart all warm and fuzzy :) nice work fellas, there's hope for us humans yet!
Hope you get together and sort the Jeeps out :-)

White WK Swagga 06-08-2010 09:22 AM

Ok cool. Well I should be around this sunday. let me know.

Nice_WJ 06-08-2010 09:06 PM

Sunday sounds good to me

Nice_WJ 06-11-2010 08:28 PM

What address should I go to on Sunday bro? Yah can PM it to me if you want. Thanks