Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/)
-   -   SRT Experience (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/srt-experience-1009.html)

pjs1965 06-27-2009 11:04 PM

SRT Experience

I had the opportunity to use my SRT Experience option that came with my Jeep SRT8 recently at Englishtown Raceway Park last Saturday (6/20). I expected to have a great day -- and I did.

If anyone is thinking about plunking down $500 for this event, do it. It will completely change your mind about any SRT8 vehicle and if you don't choose the Jeep version, I'd be surprised.

The Petty folks were great. Lots of enthusiasm, lots of good tips and of course just a great time overall. I can't wait to do it again.

Scottina06 06-27-2009 11:48 PM

Re: SRT Experience

I would love to go....maybe someday

nifty97z 06-28-2009 04:14 PM

Did you get any vids or anything like that? Would be something nice to enjoy I bet.

QBNKID 06-28-2009 09:15 PM

Peter it was nice meeting you at the SRT track experience, too bad we were in different teams, but good for you that you were in the winning team.
It sure is an experience getting to drive all the current SRT models, I also recommend it to every one in here. If any one has the means of doing this event, DO IT!!!! The SRT Track Experience goes all over the US doing this event. Check out their website and schedules in this link...
www.drivesrt.com

pjs1965 06-29-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nifty97z (Post 24509)
Did you get any vids or anything like that? Would be something nice to enjoy I bet.

If you register with your VIN (ie, you bought or leased an SRT8) you get a free DVD of your day. Once I get it, it goes up on YouTube and I'll post links!

They give you a USB key (race-keeper.com) to insert into a 'camera' unit in most vehicles. It records out the windshield and then in a picture-in-picture screen of you at that time!

They told us it would take 5-6 weeks before we received it via mail. If you didn't register with a VIN, the DVD is $50 (I seem to remember that number).

Can't wait to see it. I kept forgetting to do commentary as I drove and I'm sure there's a few BLEEPS in there too!

pjs1965 06-29-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QBNKID (Post 24650)
Peter it was nice meeting you at the SRT track experience, too bad we were in different teams, but good for you that you were in the winning team.
It sure is an experience getting to drive all the current SRT models, I also recommend it to every one in here. If any one has the means of doing this event, DO IT!!!! The SRT Track Experience goes all over the US doing this event. Check out their website and schedules in this link...
www.drivesrt.com

Mario! Good to 'see' you here!
When's the next SRT even for you? I wonder if we could get a forum group buy going . . .

NHWK05 07-08-2009 03:32 PM

What no challenger on the list? But they got that POS caliber and crossfire? LOL I would still love to do it though.

QBNKID 07-08-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjs1965 (Post 24758)
Mario! Good to 'see' you here!
When's the next SRT even for you? I wonder if we could get a forum group buy going . . .

Peter, I just saw this post.
I'll be at Etown on the 25th.
Forum buy group on what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 30156)
What no challenger on the list? But they got that POS caliber and crossfire? LOL I would still love to do it though.

The cars they had are only current production SRT cars.
-Jeep GC SRT8
-Chrysler 300 SRT8
-Dodge Charger SRT8
-Dodge Challenger SRT8
-Dodge Caliber SRT4
-Dodge Viper SRT10

No more Magnums or Crossfires.

NHWK05 07-09-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QBNKID (Post 30506)

-Jeep GC SRT8
-Chrysler 300 SRT8
-Dodge Charger SRT8
-Dodge Challenger SRT8
-Dodge Caliber SRT4
-Dodge Viper SRT10

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHALLENGERS?????? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Or does the new challenger handle as good in a curvy situation as the original? :eek::eek:

gottspd 07-09-2009 08:44 AM

I went recently too. For a track guy like myself, it was cool, but I'd rather just do a track day. Anyway, the challengers are great. Nice interiors, they handle relatively well for their size/mass. I wouldn't get one, but they were fun to drive.

pjs1965 07-09-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QBNKID (Post 30506)
Peter, I just saw this post.
I'll be at Etown on the 25th.
Forum buy group on what?

-Jeep GC SRT8
-Chrysler 300 SRT8
-Dodge Charger SRT8
-Dodge Challenger SRT8
-Dodge Caliber SRT4
-Dodge Viper SRT10

Group buy on the SRT Experience :D

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 30629)
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHALLENGERS?????? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Or does the new challenger handle as good in a curvy situation as the original? :eek::eek:

The new challengers we nice. They lagged behind the Jeeps on the Hot Laps I think mostly because the track was wet. Even having said that it's hard to keep up with the GCSRT8 on the track b/c they are fairly equally matched performance wise and the Jeep has the advantage of the AWD IMO.

I like the Challenger's looks but the interior needs some work. The 2010 Mustang is a good example of what I'd like to see interior-wise in terms of build, quality and finish (if anyone from dodge is reading!!!).

NHWK05 07-09-2009 11:42 AM

That would be awesome, Get all of Jeep Garage to go on an SRT experience together. We'd deff need JG T shirts.