Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/)
-   -   Got Schooled today by a V (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f25/got-schooled-today-by-a-v-10094.html)

QuickOne 06-07-2010 06:21 PM

Got Schooled today by a V

:treed:
So, I have this road on my way to work that's 2 lanes and stop lights what seems to be every 1/4 mile. I never get anyone lined interested in a little 0 - speed limit challenge. Well....almost never. Today I saw the rear of a CTS and from a distance, looked like it had some good size meats on the rear. 3 cars were in the right lane pulling up to the lights, so I gassed it so I would be behind the lone CTS in the left lane. I saw the driver glance in rear view, but he looked 60+ and didn't look like the guy who was interested in putting the gas anywhere near the floor. So the light turns green and he gases it liberally, but no where near a hard launch...I gassed enough to stay on his rear and not crunch his tailgate. He glanced again and you could see his :eek: that there was a Jeep still behind him. At this point, I was wondering if I was following the 550HP V or the older 400 HP version. Right about then, I saw a hesitation, a puff of black smoke our of the pipes and an ass wiggle only seen on a fat chick running after the ice cream truck or a High HP 2 wheel drive grasping for traction.
I had it to the floor boards and I pretty much felt like I stepped on the brakes instead. That car took off like a raped ape! (Albeit some carbon build up)
I pulled up next to him and he didn't even look over to give me a winning grin, thumbs up or anything. Nice car. Tool for a driver, but at least he got up on it. I bet the car was a bit happier too after blowing all that soot out of the exhaust.
Note to self......Unless supercharger or twin turbo is installed, do not challenge CTS-V! :lol:

Robert Palmer 06-07-2010 06:23 PM

Re: Got Schooled today by a V

LOL!

It happens bro. It happens.

Now throw on a Vortech. :D

ducks unlimited 06-07-2010 06:29 PM

shit happens!

soontobesrt 06-07-2010 06:32 PM

Cars dope! - Fastest 4 door sedan ever made . . . plain and simple

QuickOne 06-07-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 218448)
LOL!

It happens bro. It happens.

Now throw on a Vortech. :D

Now throw me the $$$ to do it! :lol:

I thought my pure driving skill would have surpassed his 550 HP and 2 wheel drive! :rolleyes:
You'll see first hand on June 19th what that is all about! :thumbsup:

Robert Palmer 06-07-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuickOne (Post 218460)
Now throw me the $$$ to do it! :lol:

I thought my pure driving skill would have surpassed his 550 HP and 2 wheel drive! :rolleyes:
You'll see first hand on June 19th what that is all about! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah.

That is going to be fun.

But watch me out drive all. :D bwhahaha

DAVY27 06-07-2010 07:22 PM

dang. you win some you lose some.

Knightrider03m 06-07-2010 07:44 PM

Hahahahaha

After I juice someone I don't look over to see their shame :lol:

tman4024 06-07-2010 08:09 PM

The V is a sweet ride. My old roommate has an 05, definitely a fun drive.

SoCalMoparWK 06-07-2010 08:44 PM

Food for thought man. JG does not condone street racing. We like our ride and if we must race we take it to the track. No thread that is considered illegal street racing will be tolerated and members please remember the JG membership policy. Speed and Drive safe and make it home to your family.
First and final warning.

Marlin 06-07-2010 09:11 PM

A PM has been sent to QuickOne asking him to modify or delete the thread as JG doesn't allow street racing threads.

With all due respect NorCal it is not your place to be handing out any warnings.

Cheers guys.

Marlin 06-07-2010 09:40 PM

Thanks QuickOne! ;)

:D