Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   No WK2 for me after all (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/no-wk2-for-me-after-all-10110.html)

JBaumgart 06-08-2010 10:39 AM

No WK2 for me after all

I was waiting for the new GC to come out but my plans just changed. After just passing 100,000 miles I suddenly had an engine failure in my current SUV! The dealer advised that one cylinder had lost compression, and after trying real hard they couldn't repair it and advised I would need to replace the engine to the tune of almost $9,000!

Because I needed a new car to drive I couldn't wait for the WK2 to arrive at the dealers and I instead bought a new MDX on Saturday. I had been looking them over the past 6 months and was waiting for the opportunity to at least compare it to the new Jeep. Sometimes things just don't work out the way you plan...

Good luck to you guys who make the leap. I'll still be checking in occasionally to see how things are going. Maybe in a couple of years I'll be ready to make a trade...and in the next month or two I know I'll be keeping my eyes open for the WK2 to start showing up on the road.

Knightrider03m 06-08-2010 05:19 PM

Re: No WK2 for me after all

What SUV did you have?

And the WK2 should already be at some dealerships

gc4x4 06-08-2010 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBaumgart (Post 218811)
I was waiting for the new GC to come out but my plans just changed. After just passing 100,000 miles I suddenly had an engine failure in my current SUV! The dealer advised that one cylinder had lost compression, and after trying real hard they couldn't repair it and advised I would need to replace the engine to the tune of almost $9,000!

Because I needed a new car to drive I couldn't wait for the WK2 to arrive at the dealers and I instead bought a new MDX on Saturday. I had been looking them over the past 6 months and was waiting for the opportunity to at least compare it to the new Jeep. Sometimes things just don't work out the way you plan...

Good luck to you guys who make the leap. I'll still be checking in occasionally to see how things are going. Maybe in a couple of years I'll be ready to make a trade...and in the next month or two I know I'll be keeping my eyes open for the WK2 to start showing up on the road.

Why didnt you just borrow a car or bought a cheap $500-800 car to drive until the wk2 came to your local dealers?, you shouldn't have bought the MDX and just waited for what you really wanted. why why why??:(

Repo503 06-08-2010 05:39 PM

MDX is a good choice. Not the prettiest truck out there, and no match offroad obviously. But they drive very nice, and you won't take such a big hit at resale.

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-08-2010 05:44 PM

seems like alot of dealers have them already

jeepster23 06-08-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo503 (Post 219022)
MDX is a good choice. Not the prettiest truck out there, and no match offroad obviously. But they drive very nice, and you won't take such a big hit at resale.

Wait until you start the maintenance costs on an Acura, you think Jeeps are bad just wait,

Knightrider03m 06-08-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster23 (Post 219028)
Wait until you start the maintenance costs on an Acura, you think Jeeps are bad just wait,

Same cost :lol:

jeepster23 06-08-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightrider03m (Post 219034)
Same cost :lol:

Not even close

Scottina06 06-08-2010 06:38 PM

yeah...my wife has a lexus and without the maint. deal we got when new...it would be outrageous

Repo503 06-08-2010 06:43 PM

Its outrageous for all foreign cars, but less stuff tends to break in hondas and toyotas so it comes out a wash.

Scottina06 06-08-2010 06:48 PM

Im tsalking about oil changes etc. Its $130 at the lexus dealer and $21.95 at the Jeep dealer....LOL

Grn4Frk 06-08-2010 07:10 PM

MDX's are really nice. Personally, I'd rather have gotten the Grand Cherokee but the MDX is a little more luxurious too. Hope you enjoy it. I bet a dealer would have let you drove one of their nicer used car's until the new GC came in so they wouldn't lose a sale...or at least I know mine did for my buddy waiting on a the new 300c in 04.