Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tuners/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f140/)
-   -   Tune question. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f140/tune-question-10161.html)

downstate 06-09-2010 02:17 PM

Tune question.

My Jeep is tuned for 91 octane (MHP CMR tune) that's premium in Colorado - now when I drive to Connecticut it's 93 octane, do I need to get a updated tune for when I get home?

Thanks!

Robert Palmer 06-09-2010 02:19 PM

Re: Tune question.

You do not HAVE to. If you want you can.

08Hemi 06-09-2010 02:44 PM

Great question Mike...I am going to be getting a 91 tune from them too b/c thats all I can get in Cali. Good to know he can do the 91 custom tune :)

downstate 06-09-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08Hemi (Post 219469)
Great question Mike...I am going to be getting a 91 tune from them too b/c thats all I can get in Cali. Good to know he can do the 91 custom tune :)

You have Jims contact info @ MHP? I'll shoot him an email too and see whats up.

Brad you also have the option to use the canned tune with the Predator (once you get it & while you wait for your MHP tune) in the menus you can select a 91 or 93 octane tune as well.

:thumbsup:

tugboatchad 06-09-2010 03:49 PM

Hey guys lets not forget the Toona. His customer serice is excellent, actually its beyond excellent. Hes not stingy with revisions or responses to our questions. I only suggest this from my limited experience in this area but I feel Johan offers a service for a price NO ONE can beat!

jim@mhp 06-09-2010 10:05 PM

Hmmmmmmmm. Email me with any questions guys. How long will you be there?

thanks

jim

ps- you dont have to get the 93 tune but we could see how i can help you with the revisions!!!

many thanks

jim

downstate 06-09-2010 10:11 PM

Thanks Jim, I shot you an email too, but I will be leaving my Jeep in Connecticut - so that is where it will be sipping on 93 for the rest of its life :) I was planning on going to the track to see how I run closer to sea level too so i'll be in touch!

jim@mhp 06-09-2010 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downstate (Post 219771)
Thanks Jim, I shot you an email too, but I will be leaving my Jeep in Connecticut - so that is where it will be sipping on 93 for the rest of its life :) I was planning on going to the track to see how I run closer to sea level too so i'll be in touch!

Well, thats more than the tank or two of fuel I was thinking a vacation trip might be!! lol.

PM me about the tune but we certainly do things to help out our customers any way we can!!

Mike_Levy 06-10-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tugboatchad (Post 219500)
Hey guys lets not forget the Toona. His customer serice is excellent, actually its beyond excellent. Hes not stingy with revisions or responses to our questions. I only suggest this from my limited experience in this area but I feel Johan offers a service for a price NO ONE can beat!

Pricewise he can't be beat. Tune wise, even Johan will admit that AJ is just as good, if not better.

Impossible to get ahold of him though.:mad:

tugboatchad 06-10-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_Levy (Post 219830)
Pricewise he can't be beat. Tune wise, even Johan will admit that AJ is just as good, if not better.

Impossible to get ahold of him though.:mad:

Thats why I said my limited knowledge, and the fact that everytime I have emailed the Toona I have heard back from him in two hours, I know AJ has a great rep for his product, however the first time I got a toon, I emailed my stock file to the Tuna and within 12 minutes I had my custom Toon! Im sorry but I would bet a pinky that that customer service and response CANNOT be beat let alone matched!

teekay1 06-10-2010 10:08 AM

go with tha toona

downstate 06-10-2010 10:16 AM

what's the base cost for a tune with "toona"?