Current mods:
Bischoff 426 Fully forged, low compression
Vortech ysi (12 lb's)
Big ass intercooler
custom CAI located by passenger wiper
Sheet metal intake
90 lb injectors
Arringington 100mm TB
Custom aluminum fuel tank (Aeromotive 1000hp fuel pump)
Billet Tech valve covers / coil covers
Paramount trans w / trans brake
2 step RPM limiter
Paramount X-fer case
DTS custom rear diff / 35 spline Strange axles
Spool
Penske coil overs rear shocks
Paramount Posi front diff
Custom drive shafts and safety loop

Rear diff:
http://picasaweb.google.com/BriansSRT/DTS#

Paramount front diff:
http://picasaweb.google.com/BriansSR...anceFrontDiff#

Misc Jeep photo's from when I started this whole process:
http://picasaweb.google.com/BriansSRT/JeepRebuild#

See less See more
#103 ·
Brian..... I just looked through all your pictures. I have the BIGGEST case fo Blue Balls now. I had no idea you even had this build going on. Geesh.... where did time go? Of course, you don't return many phone calls. That is one just flat out gorgous build bro. Congrats to you guys.

#108 ·
I saw the build pix & vids, FAUK ME!!!!!! is the first words I can think of right away... Outstanding Job on that Build Guys, got any vid from the track,what about dyno results.
I hope the owners face hurts from grinnin' when he drives it...Mine sure wood:brows::drool: Bob.

#111 · (Edited)
Made it to the track (Milan) yesterday. It was an event called "No E.T. Nationals". Street racing, but at the track... There were over 400 vehicles entered. They divided the cars via color groups, so it took a while to get the runs in. I was able to get 2 runs in via the color system. Then Mike (ScouterMike) and I went up for a early "grudge match" and that was run #3, but after 9:00 it went to grudge match's only. There was some serious money exchanging hands!! Like 300, 400, 500 bucks per race.

Joel (Jersey Boy) was with me as he wanted to get the calibration dialed in with some WOT runs at the the track. It was a long day, but he got her dialed in! :thumbsup:

So here's the results...

1st run:
Street tires (Joel didn't like my idea of using street tires, LOL)
Shook the tires, limp mode (another LOL)
1/4 - 19.69 @ 85.52 :eek:

2nd run:
Drag radials on all corners (Just like I suggested we do for run #1 :lol:)
This time all Joel wanted was a data log of an entire 1/4 mile run. So the plan was to walk it off the line (avoid limp) and get a usable log.
60' - 1.6931
1/4 - 11:08 @ 124.39 (Now that's getting better)

3rd run:
This was the run against Mike. Very cool seeing 2 GC SRT's together.
60' - 1.8848 :eek:
1/4 - 10.933 @ 128.54 (better yet!)

4th run:
At this time the place was a zoo. It was 11:00pm every staging line was loaded with as many golf carts as race cars :rolleyes: There were people standing in the water box, watching the car they just bet wads of cash on!! LOL It was a good ole fashion Motor City street race setting. But this lead to a new technique... As I couldn't avoid the water box (like I was doing previously) I drove through it and stopped. Nailed it and easily spun all 4, smoke and all. Now a little heat in the tires.

60' - 1.5050
1/4 - 10.4708 @ 129.37 (Now that's what I'm talking about!!)

So the funny part was to get the 4th run in we had to find a opponent that wasn't interested in betting. We came across a unsuspecting crew with a older trail Blazer.:cool: They just wanted to get another run in same as us. I overheard them asking Joel "so what does it run?" Joel says "we're still working on the cal, not sure what it will run" :eek:

In the staging lanes the other driver asked me the same question. I told him "it will either be the fastest time this truck has ever run or it will be another 19 second pass." The plan on this run was to go out and nail it!!

All runs were with full interior, laptop, box of spare blower belts in the back, fire extinguisher on the floor, pump gas and an incredibly large helmet to fit over my dome!!

#117 ·
Last night was incredible. The fruition of 3 years worth of blood sweat and tears. I knew the truck had 10's in it, but I never expected this much, especially on pump gas at full weight. First run off the trailer was on a very conservative tune. Rich AFR and low timing just to be safe for the shakedown runs. After seeing the 11.08, I knew we had a 10 on the next run. I want to thank AJ(Hemituner) for guilting me into getting more aggressive with the tune. The plan was to walk it up conservatively but I trust his experience and expertise and it payed off. No changes were made after the 10.93 pass. We were just trying to see how it would launch before making more changes. Truck spun a little on the 4th pass but not too bad. I have video but I still need to download it. Milan already posted a link to the 10.93 run on another forum so I'll post a link to that in a bit.

Thanks to everyone who has been involved in this build over the years.

HHP/Bischoff for the stout 426 that has handled all the abuse like a champ
Bruce from HHP for his help designing and fabricating of the supercharger kit
Matfab for all his design and fabrication work on this project over the years.
DTS for the solid rear diff and driveshafts
Paramount for the trans, Tcase, Torque Converter and Dana 44 up front

There are many others who have helped over the years that I'm sure I'm missing. It's not intentional but I want to say thanks to all of you for your help with this endeavor. BJB was like a kid on Christmas last night. Finally a legit 10 second run with time slips, 2 back to back and no breakage at that. I'm very happy for him. Congrats Bri!

J

#121 ·
Hey Boo Boo....... you're my focking hero!! It was nice talking to you again last night, even though I was hammered. Haha. You and Joel got that baby tuned in. Can't wait for it to REALLY get dianled in. Now throw some C16 in it and see what it'll REALLY do!!

#129 ·
Nice Work Brian!

I know you're going to crack off a loooow 10 or high 9 soon!
Somebody has to beat you to it ;-) It would be nice to line up against you at Atco and let them rip. Probably be the first side by side 10 second pass for JGCSRT8s!

BTW, what was the rest of the digits on your 10.47? Right now we are tied, with you having the higher MPH. I think we have to take this to the thousandths digit to see who is officially the second fastest Cherokee! LOL

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.