Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Technical Tips/DIY/How-To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f187/)
-   -   How to: Fix Auto Up Window (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f187/how-to-fix-auto-up-window-10297.html)

06HemiLtd 06-14-2010 08:17 AM

How to: Fix Auto Up Window

i attempted to put up my driver's window yesterday with the auto up feature but it wasn't working. the window would still go up, you just had to keep holding the button. i had read somewhere years ago that there was a way to reset the auto up feature. all you do is put the window all the way up. once its all the way up, you pull up on the switch again and hold it for like 5 seconds. this should reset the switch. hope it helps someone. everyone may have already known this but i didn't see any threads about it.

SvenskaJeepGuy 06-14-2010 11:33 AM

Re: How to: Fix Auto Up Window

i wish i had auto up, my moms car has it and she loves it

blackpepper 06-14-2010 03:06 PM

Yep.. if it's quiet you can hear a "click" inside the door and that noise tells you that yes, it's been reset... for now!

ftr, this works in 1st gen. caddy CTS as well.. my buddy had the same problem and this is how I fixed it.

GR33N D3M0N 06-14-2010 04:39 PM

Thanks!!

eddiefig 06-14-2010 07:09 PM

Yea, the dealer told me about this when my window kept going back down by itself. Good to know and share. I bet most are going to try it for sh*ts and giggles. Lol. Just like turning off the seatbelt chime. Lol.

dmlong47 07-30-2010 11:39 AM

sweet

misfit77 08-01-2010 02:48 PM

while we are here...anyone know how to fix window that goes half way up then goes back down?

I figure I have to replace a dam regulator.

I love when the saleperson said that there is a tension adjustment that I have to make.

blackpepper 08-01-2010 06:14 PM

If you hit the switch manually, and it can roll all the way to the top.. hold it there until you hear a click from within the door.

My window sometimes doesn't go up or it does what you're saying.. goes up and then back down again. By holding the switch in the up position, it should reset itself.

Milous 12-02-2010 02:27 PM

1. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its second detent (manual mode) and holding the switch until the glass is fully closed.

2. Drive the glass to the full-down position by pushing down on (depress) the window switch until the window glass is fully open. Do not release the window switch. Continue to hold the window switch down for 30 seconds after the window glass is fully open. Confirm that the express-up module has been de-normalized by attempting an express-up cycle. The window should not operate in express mode. It should stop moving when you release the window swith. If it still does work in express mode, repeat step b. holding the switch down for 40 seconds.

3. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its second detent (manual mode) and holding up on the switch for at least one (1) full second after the window glass is fully closed.

4. Check the operation of the express-up feature.

DGoral31 01-18-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 310818)
1. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its second detent (manual mode) and holding the switch until the glass is fully closed.

2. Drive the glass to the full-down position by pushing down on (depress) the window switch until the window glass is fully open. Do not release the window switch. Continue to hold the window switch down for 30 seconds after the window glass is fully open. Confirm that the express-up module has been de-normalized by attempting an express-up cycle. The window should not operate in express mode. It should stop moving when you release the window swith. If it still does work in express mode, repeat step b. holding the switch down for 40 seconds.

3. Drive the glass into the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch to its second detent (manual mode) and holding up on the switch for at least one (1) full second after the window glass is fully closed.

4. Check the operation of the express-up feature.

anybody try this?? i tried it and my window still sucks ... maybe im just doing it wrong

darkesha 06-29-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGoral31 (Post 336865)
anybody try this?? i tried it and my window still sucks ... maybe im just doing it wrong

I tied it and i did successfully disengaged auto up. This helps keeping window having mind of its own and fighting it when i want to close i.
The other part with reseting limit switch doesnt work for me.
I hear it clicks but it still behave the same way. Goes all the way till inch from fully closing and then goes back and opens 2/3. And even in manual override when i hold button all the way up it still goes one inch and i stops until i release button which causes it open 2/3.

But for me its good enough when i can disengage it from auto closing. I dont mind holding button for few seconds.

antsjeep 07-09-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGoral31 (Post 336865)

I just did this the other night for my driver side window and it worked like a charm! :thumbsup: